It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"serious inflation" ahead... are you ready?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Castogere
I have always wanted a $100,000,000 dollar bill.........too bad I will only be able to buy a jelly bean with that.
2nd line

Look at it this way, we all will be Millionaires and Billionaires and Trillionaires

We will be a country where everyone is atleast a millionaire

edit on 31-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

There is no debate. I feel the price hikes when I shop for my family. I see my cost of living going up. I have made it a point to over shop when I buy groceries just in case I cant afford as much next month because prices are higher .. This is good sound advice for those living check to check. When the weatherman says its going to rain I take an umbrella. When Wal-Mart CEO Bill Simon Says Inflation Will Be 'Serious', Its a good idea to take notice and plan accordingly.

I'm not targeting you because you don't see things the way I do. Its not such a bad thing for people to be informed and plan or prepare if they feel uncomfortable with the current state of affairs. I dont consider that fear mongering. It would be more of a ridiculous thing to ignore everything around you and be completely oblivious to everything.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Digital_Reality because: Spelling

There you go trying to bash me again, completely oblivious???? Apparently you are because this has been happening every single year since.....FOREVER!!! There is only one way to stop it and that is every person in the world to quit buying it. Since this can not and will not ever happen, you might as well wake up and realize that this has been happening forever.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

I have always wanted a $100,000,000 dollar bill.........too bad I will only be able to buy a jelly bean with that.
2nd line

Look at it this way, we all will be Millionaires and Billionaires and Trillionaires

Go to Zimbabwe you can be a trillionare with like 3 American dollars!! But you do have a valid point, just not a good thing to be a millionare or better in those times...You know??

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by hp1229

2nd line

Go to Zimbabwe you can be a trillionare with like 3 American dollars!! But you do have a valid point, just not a good thing to be a millionare or better in those times...You know??

You got it.

I just hope the hell the salaries and wages are adjusted accordingly by the employers.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So as allready been said in my thread
Goodbye Dollar and Euro ... Hello Bancor

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Can you imagine a paycheck that reads $6,574,345,192.57?? That would be insane when that much money really means nothing.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

No not ready for the added money stresses of everyday life..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by hp1229

Can you imagine a paycheck that reads $6,574,345,192.57?? That would be insane when that much money really means nothing.

If you think the paycheck would look insane, what about the national debt clock?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Yeah you aren't kidding, just think if that amount was equal to about $3,000 dollars now. What's the national debt now around 13 trillion. That would make it around 2 and whatever is 1 comma bigger than quadrillion!! So it would look something like this $2,377,492,561,287,115,956 dollars!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I wonder if Obama will ask the nation to tighten our belts even further while him and his family continue taking extravagant fancy trips?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Don't forget those regular visits to the golf range.

A busy executive needs time to relax when he's working so hard....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the input. Despite the charges of "fear mongering", I really believe we face some challenging economic times ahead.

Just consider the example of corn I gave. One year ago...a 50lb bag was $6.29 a 50lb bag. Now it is $9.99 a 50lb bag. That's almost 4.00 in one year or about 60% increase. The pork...beef...chicken that is being feed at these prices is still on the hoof.

The reason the price has not gone up yet, is producers are selling the livestock they can't afford to feed... so for now, there is an over supply...this keeps prices relatively low. If you buy groceries, you will notice beef roasts or pork cuts are almost as cheap as the expensive cuts of chicken.

For example, chicken legs are $1.19 Lb or chicken wings are $1.29-$1.49 lb. Boston butts or "country style" pork ribs are $1.29lb.....

Wait until the over supply has worked through the wholesale/retail chain and then see how expensive the high costs corn feed beef and pork really is.

Further, consider that since China has backed off buying US debt, we have been relying on Japan to pick up the slack. But now with the earthquake/ tsunami/ nuclear meltdown....Japan will now need to liquidate those holdings so they can rebuild their country. China is unloading US dollars, Japan is unloading US dollars, and the Fed keeps printing dollars.... too many dollars chasing too few goods equals inflation.

Lastly, my wife and I have not stopped living, nor have we isolated ourselves in a bunker... We have taken steps to be in control of our lives. We raise most of our own food and our grocery bill is about $50.00 everyv week or so... just for basics and treats. We haven't run our gas furnace in over a year... we burn wood. About half of the animals we raise add income to our farm... and this year, we are raising our own feed...corn and sugar beets. This will cut out the $10 bags of corn...thus, more savings and more profit from animals sold.

Fear mongering about inflation...hardly, unless you discount the views of the largest retail outlet in the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join