It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Dollar and Euro ... hello Bancor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yep that is where we are going. The dollar is on the brink of losing his status as reserve currency. China, Russia, France and other countries are all talking about the new global and reserve currency.
THE BANCOR.

And this might not be new to most of you I guess and is allready in the making for several years.
Ron Paul spoke about it allready in 2008

But statistics implement the dollar can collapse within a few months.
While they are having summits to get the Bancor as world currency, China doesn't want to let go his Yuan. And there are still some who argue about the SDR (special drawing rights) from the IMF and its proposal with this new currency.

Bancor, the new reserve currency.

I would be opposed to a global currency. They will say everything will be cheaper because there won't be any need for currency trading anymore an soforth. But globally speaking it sounds to me like a global slavery.

What are the opinions of my fellow ATS members?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So what the hell was the point of the Amero? Why did we even bother making those damned coins if this is what the new currency is going to be?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

The Monetary system is global slavery my friend. Whether it's called the Dollar or Bancor or Wampum. I for one welcome one world currency if it means equality for humanity.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

From what I understand there was supposed to have been a transition phase to several regional currencies like the Euro then to the world currency. This would have been much less painful to everyone, but the failure of the Euro turned theory on its head, so the only way to get a world currency is to make the current system so trashed that only a new currency could fix it.

Basically were skipping a few chapters in the playbook.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

The Monetary system is global slavery my friend. Whether it's called the Dollar or Bancor or Wampum. I for one welcome one world currency if it means equality for humanity.

You really buy that utopia crap? The world is screwed up enough when we give politicians control over limited boundaries. So you are o.k. putting a bunch of the same azzhats in charge of EVERYTHING??????

With no place left to "escape to" if it gets too repressive ( except the moon ?)
No chance for global slavery there??????????????

You are welcoming "global slavery" withopen arms; no you are helping initiate "global slavery".

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I lived the Euro conversion and well - nothing has changed in ground level - except there are no exchange taxes to pay when you travel.

The UK kept the Pound and you still have to do the old exchange thing with a clerk behind a windowed box grinning while taxing.

edit on 30-3-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

Look a single global currency makes much better sense in a globalized society than the systems we currently have. Its not like there isn't already a global money system in place, moving towards a unified system just makes it more controlable, which whilst it can be bad (especially for those who live in current super power countries), longterm its clearly the right thing to do.

You can't argue about it in terms of our current money systems and policy, because our current systems dont work, even if everyone would like to pretend they do.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Christ another "hopey changer!" I'm all for it IF it works!!!!! What if it doesn't?

Think they'll just take a vote at the Hague and just send everybody home to whats left?????????????/

Big Governments are dangerous things

You really buy that "utopia crap"? The world is screwed up enough when we give politicians control over limited boundaries. So you are o.k. putting a bunch of the same azzhats in charge of EVERYTHING??????

With no place left to "escape to" if it gets too repressive ( except the moon ?)

You are welcoming "global slavery" withopen arms; no you are helping initiate "global slavery".

edit on 30-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You really buy that utopia crap? The world is screwed up enough when we give politicians control over limited boundaries. So you are o.k. putting a bunch of the same azzhats in charge of EVERYTHING??????

We gave politicians control a long time ago my friend. They already control everything. I fail to see how many world currencies>one world currency enlighten me please

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.wocu.com...

Some maybe aware of the idea of the Bancor – a world currency proffered by Keynes in 1944. The Wocu is in a direct line from that initiative.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I can understand why the less conversion - less costs argument may be appealing, but for me the issue is not how many currencies we have worldwide and which 'belong' to whom but where the real assets that support their emission are and how their value is accounted for and fluctuates.
Otherwise we will be always navigating the delusional waters of funny money. Not as skippers though, more like slave rowers...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

We gave politicians control a long time ago my friend. They already control everything. I fail to see how many world currencies>one world currency enlighten me please

"
One word
"Freedom:"
local communities/states/nations should control their own cultures and economies
I'm all for anything ."Decentralized".
Some communities have experimented with community currency ( hours of service traded things like that could be exchanged like money but technically out of the hands of the almighty fedgov.)

Perhaps you could enlighten me how heaping another layer of global authority upon our already oppressive government structures would help without turning to another means of corruption and repression?

If a major u.s.corporation wants to buy up all the fresh water in chile( pack some off and sell it back to the chileans) at least the chile govt. may have a thing or two to say before the people revert to malatov cocktails.Where as a global govt and some already in place international trade treaties make it not only legal but lay the groundwork (encourage) for privatization.
This tends to be a "left" issue: but i am anti-collectivist and anti-authoritarian(?)
www.foodandwaterwatch.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

I agree with what you say, a new global currency would be better for the world in a sense.

But we cant accept the fact that they suddenly want to do something better for the world. Why would they suddenly want to make the world an equal place?
All this time of trashing people into poverty, and all of the sudden they want to be nice to us by making the currency equal?

Dont get me wrong, I think this is a great idea but... I dont think they are doing this to be nice, I think they are doing this because they obviously expect something better in return.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

"
One word
"Freedom:"
local communities/states/nations should control their own cultures and economies
I'm all for anything ."Decentralized".
Some communities have experimented with community currency ( hours of service traded things like that could be exchanged like money but technically out of the hands of the almighty fedgov.)

Perhaps you could enlighten me how heaping another layer of global authority upon our already oppressive government structures would help without turning to another means of corruption and repression?

If a major u.s.corporation wants to buy up all the fresh water in chile( pack some off and sell it back to the chileans) at least the chile govt. may have a thing or two to say before the people revert to malatov cocktails.Where as a global govt and some already in place international trade treaties make it not only legal but lay the groundwork (encourage) for privatization.
This tends to be a "left" issue: but i am anti-collectivist and anti-authoritarian(?)
www.foodandwaterwatch.org...

Freedom from what exactly? Are you free now? I'm not advocating Global currency as the solution, what I'm saying is a global currency is no different from what we have now. If you are advocating the end of the current monetary system then we are in agreement. My point was one global currency at best means more equality for the world and at worst means status quo.

Enlighten you? Okay I'll try. You use dollars now i assume. I fail to see how using a global currency adds anything more authoritarian or repressive than the system in place now. I also fail to see how one world currency prevents communities from adopting your decentralized community currency anymore than the US dollar does.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees
I lived the Euro conversion and well - nothing has changed in ground level - except there are no exchange taxes to pay when you travel.
The UK kept the Pound and you still have to do the old exchange thing with a clerk behind a windowed box grinning while taxing.

edit on 30-3-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

Isnt that amazing how things seem to remain the same despite all the excitement and hoopla surrounding a topic before it becomes reality and the aftermath is still the SOS different day thing?

Nobody is focusing on exactly how the life was/has changed since the introduction of EURO

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I smell SCAM..

The website is questionable for BANCOR

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Bancor was the brainchild of John Maynard Keynes. I wish that they would come up with a better name. Bancor sounds like Bank(c) Cor(p). Too much "bank" and "corporate" reference there and not enough of a nod to gold or resources or even the world. BTW, if it is just a new fiat currency it, too, will be doomed in 40 yrs or less. How about something like.....the GOLDOLLAR? That would keep some reference to the currency unit of the "dollar" but broaden it to a world currency and not just the us currency adopted for world use. It would also obviously have to be tied somehow to gold and also by keeping the dollar term maintains the history of the term as it goes back to the tael and thaler (which when pronounced as a separate "t" and "h" (which is silent) instead of "th" like the german Rosen-tal for Rosenthal....is pronounced Taler (tollar) which became dollar. Any other ideas for a different name besides Bancor?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There were several names around the globe
here in this article is a list.

An article about the Bancor from August 2010 tells a lot about the ideas in this shocking report. I especially liked the ending of it.

The truth is that a global currency (whether it be called the “Bancor” or given a different name entirely) would be a major blow to national sovereignty and would represent a major move towards global government. Considering how disastrous the Federal Reserve system and other central banking systems around the world have been, why would anyone suggest that we go to a global central banking system modeled after the Federal Reserve? Let us hope that the “Bancor” never sees the light of day. However, the truth is that there are some very powerful interests that are absolutely determined to create a global currency and a global central bank for the global economy that we now live in. It would be a major mistake to think that it can’t happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

The Bancor (or world currency in general) was conceived first....then the idea came along of having regional currencies first like the Euro (realized) and the Amero (planned?).

One problem with a world currency would be the conversion rate....that little detail seems ripe for conscious abuse as a means to make those holding dollars and other fiat currencies lose a collective amount in the conversion as their countries are in debt to the bankers.....how convenient,,,,how scientific.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Global currency

China has been pushing for yuan to become a global reserve currency.

That push got a big boost as the French president Nicolas Sarkozy suggested that given the importance of emerging economies like China to global growth, their currencies should be added to the International Monetary Fund's Special Drawing Right (SDR) basket.

His comments were backed by Mr Geithner who said he supported a change to the SDR composition.

"Over time, we believe that currencies of large economies heavily used in international trade and financial transactions should become a part of the SDR basket," he said.

However, Mr Geithner said that for that to happen, the countries will have to loosen their control on the currency.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join