It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telekenesis and evidence of the paranormal activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well i was talking to a very close friend of mine and we were watching the Ghost hunters show on TV and i asked him if he believed in ghost and he simply said no. i asked him about the evidence that they got on the camera and stuff and he said the mind is a powerful thing. I went on to say that i would agree with him but what about the evidence on camera.He told me that everything emits emp's at some level and the only difference between us and them was that we have a brain to control it. He went on to say that they were simply expecting it and they beveled it so much that it transferred there thoughts to the camera. I told him this was a very interesting thought but with one flaw what about the people who were not expecting to see anything but still did. He said even if they do not believe in ghost if they are at a so called haunted place it is still probably in the back of their mind.I asked him what if they were not at a haunted place and he said some things just can't be explained.

I just thought this was a very interesting conversation and wanted to share it. If you have any thoughts or opinions i would like to know thanks!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I find it easier to believe that cameras do pick up these anomalies called "ghosts" than the ability to transfer thoughts on camera by strongly expecting and believing something to happen.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
just posting for the guy above me. awesome sig! haha

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I work at a funeral home, 99% of the time it's quiet but sometimes you hear a disembodied voice or a door slam , it's not uncommon to me, it's part of the job. Your friend is wrong , spirits are all around us trying to get our attention , but there are some who don't want to be bothered with , and there are some that cross over and don't want anything to do with this world , and there are those who don't even know that they are dead. It has nothing to do with the mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
First let me go on record as saying Ghost Hunters is a bad show, and I think they fake most of the things they find as "evidence". Having said that I do believe in ghost, but the conversation is an interesting one. If I wasn't a believer I'd have a hard time argueing his emp logic, but someone who see's something and not knowing the places is haunted, and not thinking about ghost is the clincher. My friend is a die hard non believer and his argument is "Why are there no caveman ghost?" He makes a good point. I know of some Native American ghost tales but nothing involving cavemen.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MKultraVideos

Maybe your friend needs to do an EVP session in a prehistoric cave , he might hear some grunts an ugh's

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888

Maybe your friend needs to do an EVP session in a prehistoric cave , he might hear some grunts an ugh's

LOL, I was just thinking the same thing, that'd be news worthy.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As a paranormal investigator i believe in spirits or ghosts if you like, but i am also a skeptic. Your mate has a good point but there are flaws like mentioned, i have never before heard of anybody transfering thoughts to a camera, not saying it cant be done just seems improbable. There are so many reports from all over the world of paranormal activity that it is hard to ignore, can all these people be wrong?
As for the caveman ghosts, well who knows! i believe that spirits evaporate for want of a better term over time as the natural energy fades away, much like a tape recording playing over and over again, eventually it wears out.
The skeptic in me says that people are easily led and mass belief is easily achieved within this field, as stated if you know the place is haunted then you are more likely to have an experience!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

What if they are not actually spirits of dead people, but something that wants you to believe they are spirits of dead people. They would try to manifest as the spirit of someone most of us might expect to see, otherwise you might see through their deception. I have had experiences with these things and I believe this is why it always seems tailored to the individual. They always appear in the best way to get the desired results from the person having the experience. This fits my experiences at least.

I agree with you about Ghost Hunters by the way.

Maybe if more people start wondering about the caveman ghost enigma people will start seeing them. Idk, just a thought.
edit on 3/29/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join