It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prostitution should be legalized

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by hp1229

Religion is a way of life. The rules will be applicable if you live the life the religious way (I certainly dont)

IMO Religion is not a way of life it is a governmental institution(not Government but Controlling body) Spirituality is a way of life. Again IMO.

Well.
Does vatican have any influence on the Government ?

More than most people know. The Vatican is a very small country within Italy but their army is vast and impressive. It is called "The Knights of Columbus" and ALMOST every adult male member of the Catholic Church belongs. They are there to defend the Church and will go to war if the Vatican sees fit. This almost happened in the 60s with Russia. The U.S. Government understands this and is very careful not to overstep boundaries. President Bush Jr. stated that in the event of Martial Law Catholics were to be deemed Terrorists because of this. I will attempt to find the link.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

How was Slavery abolished? It took a while but it was abolished in the end.

Honestly, I think slavery was never abolished. I think It simply has a new face. Companies expect you to do what they say legal or not without question. They expect you to stay all hours and they are more important than family. And because companies get away with it Government has taken this view as well.
Well it all depends on how you look at things. Growing up under the Parents can be slavery as we are expected to do things which are more important than growing up as a teenager
or a toddler

True that companies and individuals who understand the loophole do exploit the system since there is still a human factor governing each and every aspect of the society. There is once again a hiearchy that controls the entire system. But more so its the human nature and its addiction for Power (Limited but flawed Independence) and Money (Big fat bonuses) that generally drives the upper management to some extent and indirectly force the subordinates to stay longer hours.

Even if a individual was unemployed, he/she will still be considered a slave of the system since they will still have to live within the mutually derived system or Law
They might be still reporting to a master for the unemployment or benefits check. Where do we draw the line? The Barting system is long gone so are the Caveman's days and ways where one can walk up and clobber a deer for food or a person to prove their might and independence from slavery

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
Thought you guys might be interested; I spoke to a few people closely related to the industry and it seems like the big push for "working" women is to see the practice decriminalized rather than made legal. For them if it was legalized, taxed, regulated the common belief is it would indeed lead to a brothel only club as operating costs would presumably be too high for the women who want to work independently without the glorified "pimp" of a brothel owner running their lives.

Interesting perspective I hadn't considered. I didn't have the heart to tell them nothing like that would ever happen because it doesn't equate to revenue for the state and in this day in age our corrupt governments will not allow anything that doesn't line their coffers...
Almost everything else I was told was already said earlier in this thread.
See I wanted to help out so much I dusted off y old "Confidential" phone book.

Just hope you're not married with a good family if you're still holding onto the old Confidential Phone Book

With regards to the government intervention, it has always been the case when any industry seems worthy enough for a good source of revenue, it is legalized
Alcohol, Gambling, Marijuana... and now Pim..err Prostitution ?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

reply to post by hp1229

Religion is a way of life. The rules will be applicable if you live the life the religious way (I certainly dont)

IMO Religion is not a way of life it is a governmental institution(not Government but Controlling body) Spirituality is a way of life. Again IMO.

Well.
Does vatican have any influence on the Government ?

More than most people know. The Vatican is a very small country within Italy but their army is vast and impressive. It is called "The Knights of Columbus" and ALMOST every adult male member of the Catholic Church belongs. They are there to defend the Church and will go to war if the Vatican sees fit. This almost happened in the 60s with Russia. The U.S. Government understands this and is very careful not to overstep boundaries. President Bush Jr. stated that in the event of Martial Law Catholics were to be deemed Terrorists because of this. I will attempt to find the link.

Yep. I know. It was a sarcastic question on my part above

I have been to Vatican to visit and see the power of Money too
It is truely amazing the influence it has globally.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I have been to Vatican to visit and see the power of Money too It is truely amazing the influence it has globally.

I was raised Catholic and made the pilgrimage as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just saw this on ATS.

Related_ATS_Topic

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Thats just what we need.(Sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Thanks for that link...wow...I really got a good laugh out of that one

Where does Washington breed all these nutballs?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77
reply to post by hp1229

Washington doesn't breed them. Home town churches and single ethnicity towns and counties breed them. They aspire to Washington when they keep hearing the Echoes of their own parroted ideals so often that they are convinced more than just the 2000 people in their home town simply MUST agree with them.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

Don't be hating on country folk now, not a single politician is from any of the country places I lived at. Too busy growing food and killing food to worry about fancy politics

edit on Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:21:33 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Funny politicians have come up here:

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
— Ronald Reagan

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by TKDRL

Funny politicians have come up here:

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
— Ronald Reagan

Truer words have never been spoken.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Not hatin.
Just honest. lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Prostitution is legal here, in canada, just you can't have conversation about it in public or advertise it, or do the actual intercourse in public, it all has to be private. and abortion isn't murder if they aren't half developed yet.... in my opinion :s

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
Im not to thrilled about the person calling names such as "retarded bastards"
Lets not degrade others, you can state your opinion on the legalization of prostitution without being completley rude and disrespectful.

I agree with the fact It could "weaken humans" but thats about it.

Dont you know??

If you have MORALS its ok to degrade and insult others.

Hate to point out the obvious but isn't having morals kinda AGAINST degrading and insulting? They do a great job though in saying totally nothing and parotting themselves all the time.

I'm from the Netherlands and we must be the most immoral country in the world. I mean legalized softdrugs, legalized prostitution.... our jails MUST be overflowing with junks who steal for their dope, pimps and customers who have beaten up a prostitute, and our hospitals must be filled to the brim with people getting swabs to check for STD's...

Ow wait, they're not...

and last time i checked the Netherlands didnt exactly turn into a third world country because of it either, with the only "war on drugs" going on is the pricewar between legal vendors and our government happily taxing all of it.

If you moral knights have a problem with prostitution and the likes, that's YOUR problem, legalization only brings positives for the prostitutes and customers, and will end alot of prositution related crimes.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Well said. One just needs to compare the Netherlands and the US in terms of STDs, drug use, divorces, rape rates, abotions or unwanted pregnancies, and it is clear which society got it right.

Punishing victimless crimes, more so ones so ingrained in human society as prostitution, never brought any good.
edit on 31/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Thats just what we need.(Sarcasm)

I hope I didnt offend your faith with respect to the Vatican comment.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Isnt it amazing how politics works ?

You look for one, you end up finding thousands...nutballs(Democratic, Republican or Independent) that is in DC

edit on 31-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Duplicate post. How the hell that happened?

edit on 31-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Another piece of news from today.

Anyone from this thread went to the rooftop yesterday to prove a point?

SEX_ON_CAMPUS

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join