It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prostitution should be legalized

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

This is quite possibly the first thing you have said that I agree with and makes sense. We are never going to see the other's viewpoint so I think letting a majority of people decide is the best way the situation should be handled.....note majority....not very vocal minority.

Well majority is not always right
Havn't you experienced that already?
edit on 29-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit layout

So in other words, if its not your viewpoint, it is wrong.

Where do you see that in my comments ?

Im guessing you consider the majority wrong when they disagree with you.

You're guessing wrong. You should guess when I make it a FACT by typing as such

I dont think they are wrong when they disagree. I am stating that majority can make mistake(s) too. Was Hitler wrong? or was the people who following him?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wow, this thread is making my head hurt, bad logical comparisons give me a migraine I guess. First prostitution is like public nakedness, then it is like crapping on the sidewalk, then it is like torturing animals. Finaly it is comparable to murder....

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

How so? Our government has many problems, but I still believe very much in democracy as the alternative is dictatorship or worse.

I agree and I do vote too as I believe in the democracy.

What I was trying to say is that decisions made by majority can also be incorrect. Thats all.

Okay, so what is your point? If it was legalized one of 2 things would happen:

1. It will be beneficial and people will notice the results and continue or

2. People will realize it was a mistake and make strides to revert back to what was before.

either way being a democracy it would change, so why the aversion to change if the majority thought it a good idea? My point is it should be a state's decision not a federal decision.

I am not advocating prostitution in anyform be it decided by state of federal government.

But to answer your question, it should be more so done by the state so that atleast it doesnt affect the entire country as supposed to individual region or state.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You can wait forever as you wont get it even if I typed a million times. Me and you are from a different background.

Why dont you enlighten the rest with your not so juvenile plan with a lot of merit ? Why dont you stride for the impossible if you think you know it all ?

Poverty is a different issue. Not all the prostitutes go into the profession because of poverty remember?
As per the promoters of legalized prostitution, some go into it because they enjoy it
Some go into it becuase they see the market of guys who cant get enough.

I know you wont elaborate, which is why i keep asking. To prove that this is a fairy tale in your head and not something based in reality. And it has been proven at this point, i would say. "We should make it go away" is not an idea. Its a brain fart.

Ive told you my plan. Again, please try and retain some of what you read. I can tell you it certainly isnt "just make it go away'

Poverty is VERY intertwined with illegal activity. You can teach WHATEVER you want in school, sensationalize, lie to the kids, scare them do death of sex. What about those ones in poverty that you cant get to? What about homeless people? Do you think some classroom teaching is going to matter to someone who hasnt eaten in 3 days and needs to make money?

And before you even say it, no, not ever prostitute goes into it because of poverty. But (especially when it is illegal) MANY do.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to abolish prostitution. To claim otherwise is naivete on the highest level.
edit on 29-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Wow, this thread is making my head hurt, bad logical comparisons give me a migraine I guess. First prostitution is like public nakedness, then it is like crapping on the sidewalk, then it is like torturing animals. Finaly it is comparable to murder....

Thats because you are only thinking about legalizing and not beyond that
Someday you will and your head might not hurt ever again

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If I did not find the ignorance inborn in this thread so darned amusing my head would hurt too

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Please elaborate. What would you propose be taught about the repercussions? Would you keep the curriculum factual or sensationalize as you have done here?

And how do you propose this would put an end to prostitution altogether?Would there still not be poverty?

No. I will sensationalize it
for folks who are too robotic and always depend on facts (especially lawyers).

If you didnt understand simple sentences above then there is nothing more I can do to convince as per how to put an end to prostitution.

Poverty is a different subject.

I'm still waiting for you to elaborate on what you propose taught in schools that would magically abolish prostitution....

If you dont understand that such a juvenile plan is without any merit and CANNOT work, there is nothing more i can say on that.

And if you think poverty is a different issue, you are seriously naive. Illegal prostitution is bread by poverty.

You can wait forever as you wont get it even if I typed a million times. Me and you are from a different background.

Why dont you enlighten the rest with your not so juvenile plan with a lot of merit ? Why dont you stride for the impossible if you think you know it all ?

Poverty is a different issue. Not all the prostitutes go into the profession because of poverty remember?
As per the promoters of legalized prostitution, some go into it because they enjoy it
Some go into it becuase they see the market of guys who cant get enough.

I know you wont elaborate, which is why i keep asking. To prove that this is a fairy tale in your head and not something based in reality. And it has been proven at this point, i would say. "We should make it go away" is not an idea. Its a brain fart.

Ive told you my plan. Again, please try and retain some of what you read. I can tell you it certainly isnt "just make it go away'

Poverty is VERY intertwined with illegal activity. You can teach WHATEVER you want in school, sensationalize, lie to the kids, scare them do death of sex. What about those ones in poverty that you cant get to? What about homeless people? Do you think some classroom teaching is going to matter to someone who hasnt eaten in 3 days and needs to make money?

And before you even say it, no, not ever prostitute goes into it because of poverty. But (especially when it is illegal) MANY do.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to abolish prostitution. To claim otherwise is naivete on the highest level.

I dont have to explain anything more than I already have
You have your belief system and I have mine. You are going back and forth and contradicting your own sentences from the post. I do not wish to go back and forth to point the same thing again and again. If you chose to vote for legalizing prostitution then sure go for it. I have already seen your response with regards to how you would feel if one of your own family member decided to join the profession
There is nothing worst than even the mere thought that a father/mother would be ok with their child becoming a prostitute when they grow up

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

How so? Our government has many problems, but I still believe very much in democracy as the alternative is dictatorship or worse.

I agree and I do vote too as I believe in the democracy.

What I was trying to say is that decisions made by majority can also be incorrect. Thats all.

Okay, so what is your point? If it was legalized one of 2 things would happen:

1. It will be beneficial and people will notice the results and continue or

2. People will realize it was a mistake and make strides to revert back to what was before.

either way being a democracy it would change, so why the aversion to change if the majority thought it a good idea? My point is it should be a state's decision not a federal decision.

I am not advocating prostitution in anyform be it decided by state of federal government.

But to answer your question, it should be more so done by the state so that atleast it doesnt affect the entire country as supposed to individual region or state.

Again agreed, people in one state may not feel the same was as another state, and at least if you do not share the views of others in your state you do have the option of moving to a different state.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Or if you live in a puritan state, at least there might be a state nearby that will not be, and you can take a train and visit. Hell, it should be a local issue if you ask me. Let the individual towns decide if they want a brothel or not.

edit on Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:17:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

If I did not find the ignorance inborn in this thread so darned amusing my head would hurt too

Same here too.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You have your belief system and I have mine. You are going back and forth and contradicting your own sentences from the post. I do not wish to go back and forth to point the same thing again and again. If you chose to vote for legalizing prostitution then sure go for it. I have already seen your response with regards to how you would feel if one of your own family member decided to join the profession
There is nothing worst than even the mere thought that a father/mother would be ok with their child becoming a prostitute when they grow up

1)You sure dont have to explain anything....but it certainly proves that you have no idea what you are talking about when you cant.

2)I have contradicted nothing, you simply wish to deflect the topic at hand.

3)Again, considering you advocate hitting children and controlling your spouse, i dont think you should be speaking on how anyone wants to raise their family. But hey, if you do it enough, maybe they wont grow up to be a prostitute. Maybe they'll just grow up to go find an abusive spouse of their own, which is what most abused children do.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Or if you live in a puritan state, at least there might be a state nearby that will not be, and you can take a train and visit. Hell, it should be a local issue if you ask me. Let the individual towns decide if they want a brothel or not.

edit on Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:17:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Good point, although I would fee bad for people in Texas, Alaska or Hawaii concerning travel expenses lol.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

1)You sure dont have to explain anything....but it certainly proves that you have no idea what you are talking about when you cant.

3)Again, considering you advocate hitting children and controlling your spouse, i dont think you should be speaking on how anyone wants to raise their family. But hey, if you do it enough, maybe they wont grow up to be a prostitute. Maybe they'll just grow up to go find an abusive spouse of their own, which is what most abused children do.

1) What makes you an expert?

2) No comments. Its a mute point.

3) Again, you're generalizing and blowing it out of proportion like an activist

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

1)Deflection.

2)Deflection.

3)Deflection.

Well done.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Just a minor correction it is a moot point.....not mute point......a mute point would be one in which the person cannot verbally communicate.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Just a minor correction it is a moot point.....not mute point......a mute point would be one in which the person cannot verbally communicate.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

1)Deflection.

2)Deflection.

3)Deflection.

Well done.

You're mr know it all
Why dont you Reflect if I'm Deflecting ?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Thankyou for the corrections
Now you're an english teacher too?
How many languages do you speak besides english ?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

More deflecting.

getting quite sad, now...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

More deflecting.

getting quite sad, now...

You should type as you're the one who brought up the correction