It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT plant operator says radioactivity in water at reactor No. 2 10 million times usual level

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

The area around Chernobyl flourishing? I never heard anyone say something so ludicrous. What makes you say that? there are still children being born with 2 heads, same goes for animal life and plant life. The whole area is completely distorted. I've done a lot of research on that years ago. Also our media gave quit some attention to it.

What is happening is Japan is very serious. Not to be dismissed.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So say that these readings are even close to right. Say it's a million times normal, What does that mean? How about for 5 million times the normal level? . . . I don't know. I'm Genuinly asking someone who does.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanjur0
reply to post by fleabit

The area around Chernobyl flourishing? I never heard anyone say something so ludicrous. What makes you say that? there are still children being born with 2 heads, same goes for animal life and plant life. The whole area is completely distorted. I've done a lot of research on that years ago. Also our media gave quit some attention to it.

Actually it is, they have tours through Chernobyl - the streams are full of fish. There is an old man who still lives in there.

But yes, we are not getting the full scope of the Japanese reactor. I feel Japan will have to be abandoned (there won't be enough land for that country to remain viable)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
haha tours?? That sounds insane. Just a year ago some Dutch journalist's went there to measure the radiation-level. It was so high that got out of there as soon as they could.
But really that disaster has changed DNA over there in many drastic ways. It had a terrible effect on the whole of Europe for that matter. Especially Scandinavia, they had to deal with the most fall out.
Im not sure about those tours but I were you I would decline.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Japan is right beside a loop in the Gulf Stream that goes to Alaska too. I think this is very serious.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Apparently they ran out when they saw the reading and did not take a second one. So they are assuming based on how you take measurements in a scientific experiment that the readings might be unreliable since the test was not repeated another time. However this does not mean that the readings aren't really high.

"The number is not credible," said Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesman Takashi Kurita. "We are very sorry."
He said officials were taking another sample to get accurate levels, but did not know when the results would be announced.

He probably knows what the readings are but is deciding whether on spilling it or covering it. If the workers were smart and cared about there lives and the lives of there country men they would do what tepco isn't doing, give a credible story.
edit on 27-3-2011 by shikori because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
An update from BBC News:

'Extremely high' The Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) apology related to water readings at reactor 2 at the plant, 240km (150 miles) north of Tokyo. It had said radiation levels reached 10 million times higher than normal in the cooling system but because the level was so high the worker taking the reading had to evacuate before confirming it with a second reading. A spokesman for Japan's nuclear watchdog, Hidehiko Nishiyama, said the level of radiation in puddles near reactor two was confirmed at 1,000 millisieverts an hour. "It is an extremely high figure," Mr Nishiyama said. A cancer risk is evident with an exposure of 100 millisieverts a year.

BBC News

Just to have a measure of the damages provoked by certain levels (in mSv) of radiation, check this info:
BBC Q&A

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanjur0
reply to post by fleabit

Is it so ludicrous? Children being born with two heads??? Where are you getting this from, if you have done a lot of research then give me the citations. Plant and animal life is flourishing there, hell they even found fungus inside the reactor living off the radiation.
And why not check out Przewalski’s Horse, a species that was declining in central Asia is now roaming freely and breeding in the Zone of alienation. Did you say Scandinavia had the most fallout

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They are now saying....

www.msnbc.msn.com...
Japan: Huge radiation spike at plant was a mistake

It might be easy to say they are covering it up, but it could be a mistake. The only thing I would add is that we are getting radiation starting to spread across the Pacific, and appearing in China which indicates it is going where the wind blows and there is enough of it to make it so far. So, whatever the truth, the problem is not going away and something is seriously wrong.
edit on 27-3-2011 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ctankep

To be honest. I did a paper on it for school many years ago. All these papers are gone now. So what I'm saying is based on my memory. I understand many things have changed there by now and it's true things have improved. But you really must know the situation was very grave. In Scandinavia entire flocks of deers died because of the fall out.
And the surrounding area of Chernobyl was in a grave state. Many many people died and developed rare diseases. Many children were born with distorted bone structures or multiple limbs. This means the dna had been gravely affected. The river live died completely. But apparently that has restored itself by now.
Also the Ukrainian goverment did not conduct any research and did not release any information and were very reluctant to allow foreign investigators into the country. Actually most of the investigations had to be conducted abroad for the first years. Finally, after wards through political pressure Ukraine had to allow investigation to be done.
The containment bunker they build around the reactor leaked for many years and they never bothered to repair it. They have by now. Surely the situation is more stable now. But to say nothing happened is ludicrous. And it is not a good comparison to what is happening in Japan. I;m taking what is happening in Japan very serious.

If want to hear some more good information on Japan listen to this,
www.activistpost.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So where does this contaminated water go when they remove it from the reactor

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I believe the readings are a mistake, its on the news faulty equipment it happens. So maybe we can all tone down the fear mongering here just a little bit.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have no doubt in my mind that Haarp is behind this. This is very grave. They want to reduce the world population these people and they don't care. They are ruthless and have no conscious.By now I know that.
The media is covering up the truth.
Can I prove this a 100% ? No. But to expect that at this juncture is vanity.
Weather manipulative warfare is a 100% reality. They have the technology and are using it. The Illuminati are real and their agenda is real. It is no conspiracy or fantasy to me.
Japan had to go.

We are entering a ruff time. We can expect much more to happen.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
confirmed mistake...

Japanese firm admits error on reading

"The number is not credible," a spokesman, Takashi Kurita, said. "We are very sorry." Kurita said officials were taking another sample to get accurate levels, but did not know when the results would be announced.

although....

soaring radioactivity deals blow to japan plant..

Workers were withdrawn from a reactor building at Japan's earthquake-wrecked nuclear plant on Sunday after potentially lethal levels of radiation were detected in water there, a major setback for the effort to avert a catastrophic meltdown.

see what i have said in numerous other threads, GET CLEAR NOW , everyone is spouting propoganda in a desperate attempt to try to save the plant and avert disaster, i commend the people on the grounds efforts, but the paper pushers have been way way off from the start.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanjur0

Thank you for the reply. I apologise if I sounded hot headed in my earlier post. But I'm very passionate of the events that happened in 86.

I know that originally the birth defects were severe in both humans and adults but due to the reproductive cycle being faster in animals they have grown out the physical mutations quicker than we do. Belorussia had the biggest concentration of fallout due to the fact of prevailing winds and the soviet military seeding the clouds.

Trust me friend I have been reading / collating events for a long time there but this is the wrong thread to do it in.

Regarding Japan the similarities between the governments lack of transparency is quite sickening. As to the true magnitude of the disaster will never be known until afterwards sadly.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They are covering it up, the radiation levels are too high - given the size of Japan, and the necessary area of containment (up to 40% of their farmland) - Japan will not be able to support the Japanese people. I will give them credit, they (the people of Japan) have not buckled under this horrific tragedy, but I feel soon these stoic people will give and the exodus of Japan will begin.

As I have said, they do tour of the CHERNOBYL area (and just google for pictures)

www.tourkiev.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
I believe the readings are a mistake, its on the news faulty equipment it happens. So maybe we can all tone down the fear mongering here just a little bit.

May I point out that when the Militia was in Pripyat using their DP-63 Geiger counters they also said the equipment was faulty because the readings were off the scale.
It's just food for thought.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
WOW that thing has gotten much worse.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Documentary on how the animal life has flourished around Chernobyl with no humans around. (This is part 1)

Human life could potentially "flourish" around there, but it would be rife with birth defects, leukemia and cancer.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ctankep

Ofcourse Bellorussia had the most fall out, you're right. My mistake. Nonetheless Scandinavia had a lot to deal with too.

It is sickening this misinformation and secrecy. And usually or should I say always this means that something serious is going on, or am I wrong?

I'm quite concerned about all of this. This is huge. I don't what the response is going to be, but I fear another world war, hopefully i'm wrong. It insane what is happening. Europe invading Lybia? what the hell, they have no right whatsoever. This is not our business. The real reasons I think are much more complicated. To me it feels they are trying to invoke more conflict in the middle east. Just a few minutes ago on CNN they where talking about the threat of Jemen and possible ''intervention'' being needed. This is crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join