It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters prepare for 'family' demo in London

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
From the shot I've just seen on BBC news I'd say there are more than the quoted 200 in that break away group. It looks very well planned, people have joined from multiple directions, I'd estimate about 600 in that group now maybe more and it looks to still be growing. I wonder how many undercover instigators are in that group? This could take a turn for the worse at any time, I hope people stay in control of themselves. You can make your point without violence.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
reply to post by Hitoshura

that guy talking on BBC just said he thinks there should be even MORE cuts.

How about he cuts his wages then
edit on 26-3-2011 by johngtr because: (no reason given)

Yup, a complete clueless clown.

The banks should be paying most of this.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Originally posted by johngtr
reply to post by Hitoshura

that guy talking on BBC just said he thinks there should be even MORE cuts.

How about he cuts his wages then

Yup, a complete clueless clown.

The banks should be paying most of this.

agreed - one of the " top dogs" at Barclays This year got a £9,000,000 pound bonus,

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Fox News Channel headline
'ANARCHISTS TAKING AIM AT UK GOVERNMENT'
The Anchor has also said missles are being used against the ritz
they haven't said much else about the poeple doing it.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

FOX are a JOKE - There are at most several hundred people " Anarchist " not even with the main protests,
The main protest has " at least 100,000, people " and like somebody previously mentioned they are singling out the " minority ". for Bad Press

EDIT UPDATE - TUC now claim " at least 250,000 protesters "

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Apparently the balaklava mob have been throwing light bulbs filled with ammonia. We should arrest on the spot anyone wearing any sort of disguise, sorry - and I don't give a flying f* for their human rights. Because all they do is derail any legitimate protest.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am watching BBC as I type, yes they have shown the flinter group but on the whole well rounded reporting.

At the moment only one person has been arrested, forget Fox or any other media outlet that are homing in on a few anarchists, tens of thousands of protesters and only one arrest..

Us in the UK are angry about tax evasion, bankers etc whilst front line services are being cut.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Something should happen shortly with that group, it's almost half past.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Something should happen shortly with that group, it's almost half past.

Can you elaborate?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Apparently the balaklava mob have been throwing light bulbs filled with ammonia. We should arrest on the spot anyone wearing any sort of disguise, sorry - and I don't give a flying f* for their human rights. Because all they do is derail any legitimate protest.

Bravo Starchild......

You are quite right about this little splinter group..... they probably will 'derail' the MAIN protest and then your protest in London loses any credibility......

As I have siad in other posts, these protests are a little pointless and only serve to provide a platform for the NUMBSKULLS like this group.......

We have to act more COLLECTIVELY on a daily basis and AFFECT the society and business that currently 'control' all of this..

Regards

PDUK

EDIT---- After having just watched a little clip then I think actually there are MORE photographers and JOURNO's in the melee's.......... Maybe they Should be control or reduced in number ????
edit on 26-3-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Oh please Purpledog... This is anger. It will always happen, don't sound so surprised.
As long as you or me allow the corporates and the greedy to remain in charge, then you're going to get angry people.

Cry me a river if a few shops get trashed or a bank gets closed down.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Oh please Purpledog... This is anger. It will always happen, don't sound so surprised.
As long as you or me allow the corporates and the greedy to remain in charge, then you're going to get angry people.

Cry me a river if a few shops get trashed or a bank gets closed down.

Mr L

This is mis-guided and mis directed anger !

I won't cry you a river, I wouldn't waste my bodily fluids on you .......

Your point about Corporates is spot on though and I agree with you BUT damaging property is not the way to win !!!!!

The only way to win is to change 'the control' these companies have over the population............ in all honestly, alot don't give a feck because they are happy to be entertained by overpaid sports stars, pointless celebrities and dumbass musicians whom bleed the population dry....... Societies priorities are screwed and we need to think of ways in which we can wake people up to change their pathetic habits....

Regards

PDUK
edit on 26-3-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This is exactly the sort of thing that was worrying me in the first place. As someone with mental health issues, the cuts are gonna hurt me badly because support workers may be reduced, and then i'm either left going under or my family are left having to spend half the time putting me up. There are many folks there with very legit issues to protest, but it only takes a few to start a free-for-all for the entire legitimacy of the whole thing to be denied by those in the ivory towers of Westminser.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Is anyone still watching BBC news channel - This Guy Does Not have a clue what he is talking about, we WANT cuts on the big earners in public " service " who get money they dont deserve and go through tax" loopholes",
We DONT want cuts in public service what is " needed ".

Simple - how is that hard to understand - seriously

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

My feelings precisely, although the reality on the ground is that they'll cut anything that isn't needed or wanted by them, as some of us are already finding out.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
How can we applaud the rebles in Libya yet decry them in our own country?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on this most of the morning and here are the very active #UKUncut tweets. Perhaps most notable, being the most oft repeated are the tweets stating that #blackbloc are not #UKUncut.

DW_76: RT @Tiresias23: @Advocacy4Israel #blackbloc are the violent group in black and balaclavas - no connection to #ukuncut at all.

reply to post by johngtr

Also I have noticed in the BBC's commentary that the studio guest, Matthew Sinclair of The TaxPayers' Alliance repeatedly suggest that the argument here is that cuts are not needed and therefore the demonstrators have no real point worthy of considering. Perhaps he is that clueless (he did seem to drift off later going on to blame 'gold edged pension schemes of the public sector' as being the main reason for the current financial difficulties) but I was surprised that nobody at the BBC questioned him as to what he may believe was the meaning behind 'March for the alternative'.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Telegraph Blog

15.45 Police are asking retailers in Piccadilly to close. 14 protesters have now been injured in central London, 12 with minor injuries, 2 with non-life threatening injuries.

15.45 Reports that more shops have had their windows smashed, including Ann Summers in Soho

15.40 More marchers are still arriving at Hyde Park.

15.30 In Oxford Circus, breakaway protesters are understood to be making plans to occupy an area, at an unidentified location, under plans orchestrated by UK Uncut. A samba band entertains the crowd.

15.25 Paint bombs are thrown at Niketown shop in Oxford Circus.

15.00: TUC sources estimate that up to half a million activists have now taken to the streets.

14.55: The Ritz Hotel in Mayfair has become a target for a breakaway group throwing paint, and using dustbins as missiles.

14.55:

Anarchists confront police in Oxford St (Reuters)

A police officer kicks away a flare as protesters and police clash outside Topshop on Oxford Street (Getty)

14:44 In Oxford St police in riot gear have formed a defensive line in front of a branch of Dorothy Perkins. Next door but one a McDonald's is also being protected by officers as protesters chant outside.

14.30: Groups of demonstrators have attacked an HSBC bank at Cambridge Circus, throwing paint at police officers and attempting to storm the building.

Mod Edit: Quote trimmed. Please see Posting work written by others. External quote tags used - Jak
edit on 26/3/11 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
People are fed up of higher taxes, cuts to important services to the people who need it.There sick of there out of touch government,Fed up with the countless people who leech off the system and the lack of will for the government to do anything but increase taxes and protect big business. well thats how i felt like when i lived there alot of PC gone mad too.(like the council asking people to take down flags of the union jack)

Maybe violence is the only way the BRITISH government will listen remember the suffragettes they got SOME good done with violence. but maybe thats to vastly different,

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
How can we applaud the rebles in Libya yet decry them in our own country?

DL

Do you honestly think that we can compare the two ????????? Really ??

Regards

PDUK

PS - I answered your post on the other thread that is running about this subject........... RE- NuLabour !
edit on 26-3-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition of text

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join