It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Government Facilities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am trying to compose a list of U.S. government facilities to make some visits to. I am not all that up to date on them. So far I have Area 51, Autec (former Navy so that will be fun), Roswell (not a Government facility but hey it'll be cool), Dulce, N.M., and Dugway. If anyone has any suggestions of known "secret" bases and facilities please let me know about them and a link to some reference material. I might hit up Plant 42 but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm probably going to spend a few days at each other than Area 51, I'll probably stay a week or two there, and Roswell, I'll probably only stay the day there. Also does anyone have good information on Dugway and the surrounding area like Dreamland Resort for Area 51?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Pine Gap in Australia was once said to be USa's UFO base lol but now its revealed as a communication satellite and spying centre for the world operated by USA and Australian interests

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SilntShdw

S4, One of the Documentaries Said something about S4 i believe it's close to area 51. Everything about it is in this video here. forgot the exact location sorry bud.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-3-2011 by DaleDavenport3 because: I Figured S4 wasn't a very good Explination

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
dolcey base is a good one... supposedly it has a HUGE underground facility

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

i know theres the one in Montauk base in new york. its an underground base i think.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That sounds like one hell of a trip! I sure wish I could go on one like that myself, one day.
Prepare to be blasted with envy upon your return.

Try out this list, it might have what you're looking for.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Pine Gap would be great to go to but I'm sticking to contenential US. By Dolcey do you mean Dulce? Thanks for the list.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

May provide a few ideas and things to watch out for.
edit on 24-3-2011 by kwakakev because: changed hope to may

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Not sure exactly how "secret" they are but Alamagorda (Hollorman AFB), and White Sands are both rumored to hold some fantastic secrets. But who know's really, also there is supposed to be someplace up in UTAH but I forget it's name.

Dugway is what I was trying to think of but here is some more around Utah as well in this link. www.aliendave.com...
edit on 3/24/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

yea however you spell it

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'll second the suggestion of the old Montauk Air Station and Camp Hero located on the eastern tip of Long Island. Google this one and prepare to read some amzing stuff regarding the Montauk Project.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Buy "Top Secret Tourism" by Harry Helms. It has the locations of facilities and a bit of information about them.

One thing you will discover is places like Area 51 and especially the TTR are easier to snoop on than many other "secret" facilities. The Nellis Range is surrounded by public land. You can camp on one spot for 14 days without violating any laws, and then all you have to do is move a bit further down the road. I've run into nomads that save their receipts from buying goods in town just to prove they did move.

Plant 42 is in an urban (so to speak) area. You can hardly camp out next to it. When KPMD has commuter flights, the airport is open to the public, but even then your stay would be limited to a few hours at a stretch. When there are no public flights, the road is blocked. That leaves parking by the sod farm on the east side or near Sierra Highway on the west. I've heard but have no first hand experience of the cops attempting to clear the area of parked cars if Plant 42 is going to move something.

In the desert, you tend to be taller than most trees. You can find spots to view these bases. In less arid locations, trees are a big problem in getting a visual on some place. Top this off with the BLM really only owns appreciable acreage in the desert. Their land was land nobody else wanted to maintain. Now if you try to snoop on someplace in Virginia or New York, the adjacent land is usually private. Even snooping on the Mojave airport requires parking on private property.

Dulce is a complete waste of time, but it would be informative for somebody to go there and show there is nothing happening there.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I will have to pick up that book. My plan at 51 is to stay on Tikaboo for a week then snoop around for a week. The info on Plant 42 is great. Thanks. My plan at Dulce is just to go to say I went but I do agree with you that the likely hood of a massive underground base is unlikley.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

It would be tough to do a week on Tikaboo. Most people go up in the morning since it is cooler, though I've done the hike in the afternoon as well. They spend the night, then observe the base in the early morning. By 9AM, thermal distortion is pretty bad. I know someone that has done an extra day on Tikaboo, but I never heard of anyone doing a full week. You need at least two liters of water a day just hanging out on the peak. So you are using 14 liters just to stay up there. The hike down is no picnic. Probably two liters at a minimum, maybe three or four to do the climb. So we are talking say 20 liters of water, or 20kg which would be 44lbs. I haven't even mentioned food, tent, sleeping bag, flashlight, scanner, and optics. Essentially, you would need a posse to camp on Tikaboo for a week, bringing food and water. It would be fun though since the likelihood of seeing a test would be high.

If you want to see a test, you need to schedule your time on the peak so there is a fairly long time period with no moon. At least an hour. I do this by checking the charts at the Naval Observatory. You want at least three hours between sunset and moonrise. The base would most likely wait two hours after sunset to move an asset. That leaves an hour for the test. I've never seen a report of witnessing a test on the weekend or holiday, so you could cut your trip down to 5 days on the peak,. You can also just hang out on the last false summit rather than camp out on the peak. The view is similar. You can't see a few of the buildings from the false summit, so for photography, you do need to go to the peak. I prefer not to sleep on the peak since the wind can be nasty up there.

Most of the time, you have two months of decent weather for Tikaboo, namely May and September. There will be snow on the ground in April. Usually there is lightning during the summer. The forecasts are pretty accurate, so you can generally get a day when lightning isn't likely. It is very cold up there in October and snow is possible in November. I did a Tikaboo after attending the Nellis Open House one November and it was freezing. The inside of my tent was dripping with condensation from my breath. It was so cold I lit a fire, which is always a bit risky since you really have nothing to fight a fire should the wind kick some embers.

Staking out the TTR is substantially easier. It is a good first step if you never did this kind of stuff before. Some people can't stand waiting around for something to happen, The ADD and ADHD inflicted need not apply.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I'd guess the truly secret ones are just that, a secret..
We know about what they want us to know about..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilntShdw
I am trying to compose a list of U.S. government facilities to make some visits to. I am not all that up to date on them. So far I have Area 51, Autec (former Navy so that will be fun), Roswell (not a Government facility but hey it'll be cool), Dulce, N.M., and Dugway. If anyone has any suggestions of known "secret" bases and facilities please let me know about them and a link to some reference material. I might hit up Plant 42 but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm probably going to spend a few days at each other than Area 51, I'll probably stay a week or two there, and Roswell, I'll probably only stay the day there. Also does anyone have good information on Dugway and the surrounding area like Dreamland Resort for Area 51?

Here are some places I always check out when I am down there:
Basecamp, NW of Rachel about 50+ miles
38°18'36.46"N, 116°16'47.21"W

Tonopah Test Range (TTR), west and slightly north of Rachel, about 80+ miles
37°47'38.56"N, 116°46'21.35"W

Project Faultless, north of Basecamp
38°38'3.20"N, 116°12'58.25"W

Mercury, west of Vegas
36°39'36.98"N, 115°59'48.85"W

Creech AFB, west of Vegas
36°34'41.61"N, 115°40'16.54"W

If you are going to check out Dugway, here are some other places in the same area that I checked out when I was there:

Deseret Chemical Depot, east of Dugway 30+ miles
40°17'50.57"N, 112°20'23.94"W

Tooele Army Depot, north of Deseret 16+ miles
40°31'45.04"N, 112°23'10.56"W

Hill AFB Bombing Range/Facility, north of Dugway 60+ miles
41° 5'4.21"N, 112°57'38.29"W

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I was planning on actually camping on the false peak and staking out the peak overnights. I already figured on at least two trips up and down for gear. I have extensive hiking and camping experience in the Adirondacks and Appalachian mountains so the terrain wouldn't be completely unfamiliar. The information about the weekend I'd never heard but that will be helpful. The weather I have no problem with. I've done extensive cold weather camping in upstate NY in the winter months, and have arctic style gear, and I was stationed in a few extremely hot climates in the Navy.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
FosterVS, what is the interest in these areas? What is the story behind them?

I am also thinking of checking out Haarp, does anyone have any info on visiting here?

Ive also decided on Montauk Air Station mainly because of the closeness of my house.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

I think Creech isn't investigated enough. It is kind of an awkward location for snooping since the hills across the highway do have some population. I have camped out near Cold Creek, but don't be surprised if someone on horseback or ATV visits you.

Creech has an EDACS trunk radio on the Groom Lake system. Of course, so does Nellis. Creech and Basecamp are the only places where I have met security forces. Basecamp is totally out of control in your face. Creech security is substantially nicer, though they rolled code 3 when I was by the fence just videotaping the Thunderbirds practicing. [Maybe they were woried I was a spy for the Blue Angels.]. Creech security won't bug you if you are on the other side of the highway. Now the town of Indian Springs has their own police department, so you are better off staying away from town.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

HAARP has a website. I don't know if they have tours. You should attempt to get on a NTS tour since you seem to be from out of the area. I've done the NTS tour four times. There is always something new to see lately since they have built that counter-terrorism facility. You need to get on the NTS reservation sooner than later since the tours have become crowded since they leave Vegas at the Atomic Museum rather than in the old days when you had to drive to the DOE facility in North Las Vegas.

There is one more nasty hike I haven't mentioned. Well two hikes. One is to climb Bonanza Peak. You can see well into the Nellis range. I had to cut it short due to time, so I stopped at the 9kft level rather than the peak. But I could see into the NTS and Papoose S-4. Of course, there is nothing there at S-4. My photos are linked in some post on ATC. The other hike is Stonewall Mountain. I've managed to at least find the trail head, though I never made it to the top due to wasting too much time just finding where to start.

I'm have a domain sitting around that I plan on using to create a "how to" guide for snooping on these facilities. I have lots of Garmin trails and waypoints.

BTW, I noticed your hiking was on the east coast. That takes care of cold, but in the west, you have to deal with altitude. Some people can't take the very high altitude, but most people can at least do 8kft. You have to remember dumb stuff like most lighters don't work at high altitude, so you need matches. You should always carry matches anyway. Liquid fueled camp stoves are better at altitude than butnane. For Tikaboo, probably Esbit type stove is better since it is the lightest stove you can find.

turboflame
This lighter is the most reliable one I've ever owned. To use it at high altitude, the best plan is to buy something like Primus propane isobutane butane mix and an adapter that goes from the can to the lighter.

I've uses the turboflame to repair antennas in the field.

Groom Lake is 26 miles from Tikaboo, and if you are flying in, I think bringing a telescope will be tough. You may want to consider getting high power binocs. Canon image stabilized if you can afford it, or good binocs that accept a monopod.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join