It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Trafficking Ring Leader Sentenced to 40 Years in Prison

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

If this guy was set free and watched regularly as well as put on the national pedo watch list (so we all know who he is and where he lives) we could avoid paying for him, and even make him contribute to society.....

I want the S.O.B. LOCKED UP!

I would also like to see prostitution made legal as well as gambling and drugs.

We need to get back to dealing with REAL crime - MURDER, RAPE, THEFT and FRAUD (other wise known as the Federal Reserve)

Instead Congress just added another group to the criminals who will over load our prison system - FARMERS!!!!

I am going to go a bit indepth here to give you an idea of what farmers AND CONSUMERS are facing in 2012. This is from HR 875 the orginal "food safety" bill. (We KNOW after the "compromise" passed amendments will be added so we end up with the original as written.)

It is cut and paste directly from HR 875 with nothing added.

Civil Penalty
(A) IN GENERAL- Any person that commits an act that violates the food safety law (including a regulation promulgated or order issued under the food safety law) may be assessed a civil penalty by the Administrator of not more than $1,000,000 for each such
B) SEPARATE OFFENSE- Each act described in subparagraph (A) and each day during which that act continues shall be considered a separate offense.

Criminal Sanctions-
(1) OFFENSE RESULTING IN SERIOUS ILLNESS- Notwithstanding section 303(a) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 333(a)), if a violation of any provision of section 301 of such Act (21 U.S.C. 301) with respect to an adulterated or misbranded food results in serious illness, the person committing the violation shall be imprisoned for not more than 5 years, fined in accordance with title 18, United States Code, or both.

(2) OFFENSE RESULTING IN DEATH- Notwithstanding section 303(a) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 333(a)), if a violation of any provision of section 301 of such Act (21 U.S.C. 331) with respect to an adulterated or misbranded food results in death, the person committing the violation shall be imprisoned for not more than 10 years, fined in accordance with title 18, United States Code, or both.

... each food production facility to have a written food safety plan that describes the likely hazards and preventive controls implemented to address those hazards;

include, with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting, and storage operations, minimum standards related to fertilizer use, nutrients, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animal encroachment, and water

include, with respect to animals raised for food, minimum standards related to the animal's health, feed, and environment which bear on the safety of food for human consumption

The really nasty part is the Mega-Corporations have already been holding seminars on how to pass their liability for food borne illness to the farmers. THAT is what the changes to HACCP in 1996 were all about and 1995 the WTO Agreement on Ag. The use of "risk assessment " and "traceability" instead of traditional government inspection and testing of food so corporations are no longer inspected and the liability from the resulting illness can be passed off to the farmer.

Traceability techniques can provide additional guarantees as to the origin, type or organoleptic quality of food products.” www.oie.int...

Yet it is obvious that traceability does nothing to prevent disease, it only allows blame to be placed after the fact.

The World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Agriculture (AoA) changed how disease and food safety is handled around the world. The USDA decided to change focus from disease eradication to disease “prevention” by changing from a zero tolerance import policy to a “scientifically-based and transparent risk assessment,” and opening US borders to trade in “low risk commodities”. This is why the USA has suddenly been flooded by tainted imports. They are obviously considered “low risk” www.animalagriculture.org...

According to the World Trade Organization:

"Measures to trace animals...to provide assurances on...safety ...have been incorporated into international standards... The Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary [SPS] Measures...Aims to ensure THAT GOVERNMENTS DO NOT USE QUARANTINE AND FOOD SAFETY REQUIREMENTS as UNJUSTIFIED TRADE BARRIERS... It provides Member countries with a right to implement traceability as an SPS measure."

In simple terms The WTO “free trade agreement” allows cheap imports to cross borders without quarantine or other food safety testing. Only Traceability is allowed. The “new food safety policy” (1995) is about opening borders to trade.

Transfer of Corporate Liability

Wisconsin was the first state to make NAIS (animal traceability) mandatory. The corporate response is quite interesting. Family farmers have feared that:

“One of the big goals of NAIS is to shift liability to the farmers and off of the packers and retail chains. This is despite the fact that virtually all food contamination happens at the slaughterhouse and beyond.” nonais.org...

Paul-Martin:Griepentrog on September 3, 2008 reported that this was indeed the case. He attended “quality assurance training required for Badger Vac 45.” And reported

“You [the farmer] will be required to cover ALL expenses in the event of contamination...The bottom line is that after 10 years [note the date] of below normal prices here in Wis because the state allowed Equity Livestock Coop to create a monopoly, our savior has now arrived to burden us with contracts shifting all liability to feeder cattle producers if they can’t prove they are innocent. “ SOURCE

There was even a conference scheduled in 2009 addressing how to pass the blame to farmers!

Conference to address food-borne illness litigation

“The conference will cover topics such as aligning damage assessments/expectations with the outcomes from recent resolved litigation; managing an outbreak effectively to minimize shareholder and reputational risk afterwards as quickly as possible; and how to measure and prove actual control of various players in the movement of contaminated food to accurately assess apportionment of liability....

Report Rips FDA Oversight Of Produce

FDA's efforts to combat foodborne illness are hampered by staffing shortages, infrequent inspections and lax enforcement at fresh produce processing plants, according to congressional investigators. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) report also said only 1% of produce imported into the U.S. is inspected, and the practice of mixing produce from several sources makes tracing contamination challenging...

The report said inspections at produce-processing facilities are rare, and when problems are discovered, FDA relies on the industry to correct them without oversight or follow-up. Between 2000 and 2007, FDA detected food safety problems at more than 40% of the 2,002 plants inspected, yet half of those plants were inspected only once. The plants with food safety problems received only warning letters from FDA, and even those ended in 2005...

Salmonella Source Found
The Salmonella strain associated with the lastest foodborne illness outbreak has been found, in irrigation water as well as in a sample from some serrano peppers at a Mexican farm. The farm is located in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. “The agency seized no fresh produce, sought no injunctions and prosecuted no firms” www.americanvegetablegrower.com...

The USDA has cut back on disease testing by up to 90% and has shifted what testing is done to dead animals at slaughter instead of testing live animals at the farm. This allows a disease years to be passed from one farm to another before the animal is finally sent to slaughter.

The US government is also closing down testing labs.

“USDA is moving toward supporting fewer labs nationwide, with the remaining labs serving as regional labs and supporting larger geographic areas..” www.tahc.state.tx.us...

“Cattle crossing facilities on the U.S. side of the border are operated primarily by private firms... at Santa Teresa, NM, Chihuahuan [Mexican] cattle producers operate both sides of the cattle port-of-entry” www.ers.usda.gov/publications/Agoutlook/june2001/AO282d.pdf

“Free trade makes it easier for Mexico to sell us cattle," Mr. Suppan said. "Mexico does not have in place the infrastructure to eradicate tuberculosis."...Bovine tuberculosis is fast becoming an important reason that carcasses are being condemned as unsafe in American beef packing plants. The number of carcasses found infected is 15 times higher than in 1986. Dr. Billy Johnson, said about 80 percent of the condemned carcasses were traced back to animals raised in Mexico.” query.nytimes.com...

To Make matters worse the USA exports 700,000 tons of quality beef while importing 1,500,000 tons from countries with: Naegleria fowler, Encephalitis, vesicular stomatitis viruses, Leptospirosis, Trypanosomiasis (Chagas disease), and foot and mouth disease. The US imports 2.5 million live cattle from Canada with BSE (now found in USA) and from Mexico with tuberculosis (now found in USA), brucellosis (now found in USA) cattle tick fever, (now found in USA) Trypanosoma cruz,, (now found in USA), Bluetongue (now found in USA), and Vesicular stomatitis.

“..new disease challenges are emerging. Some are domestic diseases that are increasing in significance. Others are foreign diseases that may be imported as result of the exponential increases in international importations of animals and animal products. Our industries and our economy are threatened by diseases and pests that heretofore we only read about in disease text books...” www.tahc.state.tx.us...

Of course the ones who like to play with little girls and little boys are the same ones responsible for trashing the system that gave us "the safest food in the world.” -Secretary of Agriculture Dan Glickman in 1997.

Enjoy your dinner -

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I just realized, I got caught up in the hype, there is a possibility he is innocent. Sometimes children are used in nefarious ways, other than sex. Like accusing someone rich of abuse, in hopes they settle for a big payment. I hope if he is guilty he don't get off like RKelly, because he can hire a big gun attorney
Dude can get caught on videotape released on the net, and get off, that shows how corrupt is really rampant in our system of "justice".

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

40 years in prison....that is an outrage.
This guy should be executed!!

I'm assuming that he has the money to pay the restitution.
Maybe all his assets should be siezed and divided among them.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

40 years in prison....that is an outrage.
This guy should be executed!!

While we all have that reaction to this, you might want to read my analysis of why the 40 yrs is actually a "reasonable" call on the part of the judge based on our legal system.

The two posts are

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I can be bought and you just bought me. If we abolished all the BS "Protect a person from themselves because we are big brother" such as prostitution, gambling, drugs and so on and so forth I would personally throw away the key on this guy. My biggest pet peve is the laws that protect people from themselves like we are all morons and big brother knows best. I know it is these laws that color how I feel about the justice system.

Personally I'm surprised nobody called me on the dangers of LEO using sophisticated monitoring equipment outside of a prison...

<< 3  4  5   >>

join