It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Reactor sites... Check out this map.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I live in the northeast and was curious to see what kind of reactors were near me.... Lets just say my stomache turned.
So if some major something or other happend. There goes the neighborhood. This is definately something else to have to consider for those of us who are activly preping for the day we "BugOut".

I couldnt embed to save my life so if someone else could feel free.
LINK>>>>www.nrc.gov...

Obviously wrong forum... Or is it??? Mr Mod could ya help me out...
edit on 22-3-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: Its sunny out...

edit on 22-3-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: Sunny on the other side too.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Please dont get scared of nuclear reactors. What happened in Japan was very unfortunate and required a number of different things to go wrong. The plants here in the states today are much safer and much better forms of energy (once we figure out what to do with the waste).

I am more nervous that this new fear of nuclear reactors is going to be a push back towards fossil fuels and that isnt the way to go.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Its very interesting that most of the reactors are on or near the new madrid fault.

Plus now we know that Zelda lives in Arizona lol

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Awsome point to be made. Not so much fearmongering the nuclear power scene but moreso pointing out the fact that those certain string of events did happen in Japan. Just a little somethin to tuck and file away, ya know. Just sayin, if ya never knew before you read this post now ya know.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

gotcha! I am happy to hear you arent on the verge of panic about this and you are right. Things can and ultimately will happen sooner or later. Hopefully the group that oversees such things will take what happened in Japan very seriously and do everything in thier power not to let that happen here.

BTW I too live in an area with multiple nuclear reactors around me. I am just happy they are not coal plants

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Nothin beats a case of black lung. Yum.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is just a map of the commercial reactors. There are 32 Research Reactors as well. They are usually not as big, but are located in the middle of campuses or cities, so a meltdown could be just as bad as a commercial one. The one near me is actual about 500 yards from my office (where I am now) on the K-State campus.

The fear set aside reactors in the US are much safer now than they were in the 70's. It is highly unlikely any of them would go critical even if hit with a situation similar to Japan's recent disaster. A lot of them have to build for a larger spectrum of disasters (including tornadoes).

Map of Research Reactors in the US

top topics

join