It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunken Continent of the Tamil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
.wow! it could be if we stop the stupid metaphorical interpretations of texts!

Unfortunately "modern" Academia treats everything that does not view ancients as primitive hunter-gatherers as "mythical" and "metaphorical". Because of this we now teach and believe a distorted view of prehistory. As human knowledge progresses and more similar finds are made, they will eventually rewrite the books and re-think their views.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timetraveller
Another interesting info about the 'Tamil language' from a totally unexpected place.

Linking the Tamil to the Pleiades is unexpected indeed. If find both the sound and the looks and complexity of the language very attractive so Im not averse to the idea.

The most favourite God of Tamil people is Murugan. One of his names is 'Karthikeya' - One who was raised by the 6 Krittika devis (The six stars in pleiades represented in goddess form). He is the eternal youth and provider of the supreme wisdom and also destroyer of evil demons. According to the belief of Tamils he is supposed to have codified the 'Tamil language' in the Tamil kingdom that existed long before the first flood]

This is all very interesting. If you know more about the Tamil, do share. The Pleiades in the form of six or seven stars are also featured in connection with a flood myth of ancient china.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
Are the Tamil Tigers anything to do with this.

That relates to modern political conflicts and not directly to ancient History, although indirectly, some political Tamil use their rich ancient History to justify feelings of present day superiority. Some academics take offense to this and use it as a grounds to dismiss their entire History, but thats spilling the baby with the bathwater. The literature and the ancient temples and the sunken cities and the land bridge to Sri Lanka are all obviously real.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The other mystery of Easter Island

There really does seem to be a link between the Easter Islands and India.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
very interesting indeed. Im sri lankan but of neither tamil or singhalese origin. i have family there and also grew up there. the tamil singhalese rivalry is thousands of years old and there are buildings thousands of years old that defy even modern explantion like how they got water to flow up to the Sigiriya fortress
en.wikipedia.org...

also i have heard of a place somewhere in the middle of the jungles where scientists suspect an ancient nuke was set off as nothing has grown there for as far back as anybody can remember and there is still to this day higher than normal levels of background radiation. there are some sri lankans that know of the place but most locals in city have forgotten the ancient past.

also there is a point at Adams peak (which i have not been to myself but know countless people who have) where if you stand there are sunset it casts a perfect triangular shadow over the land. it looks like a giant pyramid.
www.indiamike.com...

the info is wrong its not in india i can assure you its sri lanka but the pic is real. i know a lady friend who has multiple pics of the shadow.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Lemuria was between asia and austrailia. Where you are pointing to Lemuria as you can see there is no land under the water.

Lemuria is in light blue (submerged)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Lemuria was between asia and austrailia. Where you are pointing to Lemuria as you can see there is no land under the water.

Lemuria is in light blue (submerged)

Note: I am not using the word "Lemuria" or "Atlantis" because they are just words for various pieces of land around the world that are submerged. So saying that Atlantis and Lemuria was here or there is not the main point. Considering that plate tectonics may have moved masses of land, its hard to say where anything was at all. The main point is that all ancient cultures have a story about those submerged masses of land.

Your picture is interesting because it gives us a hint of where to look for submerged cities.

Tamil may originate in Malaysia and Indonesia, its spoken there. That would neatly match your picture.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

Yes, I read about this stuff - Awesome! - put havent had time to write about it in a way that puts it into the context of this thread. Following the lead you provided, I will do so.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

there is actually quite a lot about sri lanka even the sri lankan people dont know about. its interesting that Sir Arthur C Clark who lived in colombo and was an avid scuba diver would dive off the east coast. and there have been mention of submerged cities off the coast of india. wonder if he knew something we didnt. i should have asked him when i met him in 1998 but i was too much in awe to make a coherent statement apart from " nice to meet you sir im a huge fan can i have your autograph " im sure he would have known more about the ancient history of sri lanka than he lead on.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

I know that Sri Lanka is a hotspot for rumours of sunken cities but I didnt know that Clarke was a regular diver there.Interesting. Ive travelled to Sri Lanka before but was oblivious to its rich History. Sadly politics does seem to get in the way sometimes:

In the sacred city of Anuradhapura and in the vicinity are a large number of ruins. These have not been identified properly and many have been destroyed either by Tamil invaders or by vandals. Neither the tourists nor the pilgrims had paid much attention to these ruins and information regarding this is meager. Although Avukana is not situated in the sacred city of Anuradhapura, the pilgrims never fail to pay homage to this statue.

You mentioned that Sri Lankans themselves are not aware of the rich heritage and this somewhat confirms that.

Source

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Not only was he a regular diver he moved to Sri Lanka in the 50's and while on a scuba dive discovered ancient ruins so there you go. en.wikipedia.org...

Clarke emigrated to Sri Lanka in 1956 largely to pursue his interest in scuba diving;[11] that year, he discovered the underwater ruins of the ancient Koneswaram temple in Trincomalee.

my aunty knows his daughter well and she is in australia and his grand daughter is very good friends with my ex gf. i dont think they would have been privy to any juicy info but i can always ask my aunt if his daughter wouldnt mind a meet and greet. who knows what death bed confessions he might have given her.
edit on 22-3-2011 by tim3lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
On the map I provided before could be Lemuria, this map here shows you "atlantis". Either way without labeling the submerged land it is obvious that in our not too distant past much land was lost and knowing humans, we most likely built many great civilizations in those coastal areas.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Excellent post and very intriguing topic.

I've never heard of the ancient history of the Tamil people until now.

I've been looking at the area around Sri Lanka on Google Earth right now and I'm planning on checking it out a bit more.

Rest assured I will look further into it later today and report back when I find something interesting.

S&F !!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Your way of seeing atlantis and lemuria does make sense. Just check what the highest elevations under water are and you can make a fair assessment of where submerged land might be.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

I've been looking at the area around Sri Lanka on Google Earth right now and I'm planning on checking it out a bit more.

Great, me too. I have the sense that this is only the tip of the iceberg regarding this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Your way of seeing atlantis and lemuria does make sense. Just check what the highest elevations under water are and you can make a fair assessment of where submerged land might be.

Here are some screen shots I took. I un-submereged the land to -112m and and took shots from around the globe. The water is black. Light blue was habitable land. I used nasa worldwind with a flood level plugin.

I like this one. Florida. Some say the tip of Atlantis. Either way the Americas is rich with ancient mysteries and civilizations. Check out the canals around the Bhamas, Cuba , Florida.

This one is of Newfoundland. I doubt anyone lived around there during those times. Ice age.

Here is a shot of what some believe is the sunken area of 'Lemuria'

Here is England. Lots of lost land as well but most likely harsh conditions considering the preflood ice age.

Added video that I made 1 hour before the Japan Tsunami,,, Eerie. But anyways, the video gives you some idea of water depths in our history.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What if modern humans arose from this so called Continent "Tamil'?? I mean if you have huge sunken cities that are 10k+ years old, maybe this is where the "Bibles Great flood" happened and a number of advanced Civilizations where wiped out. Just speculations that came to mind...
edit on 22-3-2011 by csinvis because: no reason

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just wanted to comment on the de-evolution of language for the Tamil's. In the US the language is doing the same thing. Proper English is no longer common, we are using abbreviations; such as "OMG" in language and mispronouncing words and even spelling has decreased. I believe that if you have technology grammar and speech become less focused upon, where and when language 100 years ago was the main media for socializing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just wanted to comment on the de-evolution of language for the Tamil's. In the US the language is doing the same thing. Proper English is no longer common, we are using abbreviations; such as "OMG" in language and mispronouncing words and even spelling has decreased. I believe that if you have technology grammar and speech become less focused upon, where and when language 100 years ago was the main media for socializing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord

Not only was he a regular diver he moved to Sri Lanka in the 50's and while on a scuba dive discovered ancient ruins so there you go. en.wikipedia.org...

Clarke emigrated to Sri Lanka in 1956 largely to pursue his interest in scuba diving;[11] that year, he discovered the underwater ruins of the ancient Koneswaram temple in Trincomalee.

Wow...there you go! Your suspicion turns out to be true. I bet thats what Clarke was specifically looking for. It is known that Clarke had an interest in the ancient Vedas. He even used vedic themes in some of his science fiction. This is very intriguing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join