It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I have a question.
On that very first Easter morning, when the women went to the tomb of Jesus and saw the stone rolled away from the entrance, what did they find inside the tomb?
The four gospels give different answers. Which is correct?

Are any correct?
ETA: I'll accept answers form anyone.
edit on 22-3-2011 by butcherguy because: to add

First of all, the four Gospels never have to match word for word. If that was the case, why would four accounts even be in the Bible. The 4 different accounts come from 4 different writers, easy enough right? To top it off, these four never got together and made sure their stories match.

Some have more information in them, and some less since one person may not have been at an event in Jesus's life. With four different accounts, we can see almost all aspects of the ministy of Jesus.

As for what they saw in the tomb, grab you a King James Bible and read the ends of all the Gospels for your answer. I'm not going to post something that easy to find. Not being negative here.
edit on 22-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by KJV1611

A few questions:

Why is the Bible such a horrid book?
Why is the Bible so inconsistent?
Why is the Bible irreconcilable with history and the natural world?
Why is the Bible internally contradictory both between books and within books?
Why is the Bible wrong about so many things?

Examples please.

And please make them intelligent ones, I have enough questions to answer.
edit on 21-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

Where to begin...ok, the Bible is misogynistic (Old Testament as a whole, the Letters of Paul.), endorses slavery, instructs mass rape of captured women, demonizes those who don't believe, etc.

Inconsistencies can be found between the Gospels so that it would be impossible to form a coherent narrative of the life of Jesus, the death of Judas, etc.

Irreconcilable with history...well, there's no evidence for most of the events in the New and Old Testaments. Furthermore, the life of Jesus as described between the four gospels simply doesn't fit in with history. As for the natural world, there isn't a single passage relating to the operation of the natural world in the Bible that fits in with science. There isn't a dome of heaven, we don't have a flat earth, we don't have a geocentric universe, the earth wasn't created in 6 days, there wasn't a global deluge, etc.

Contradictions abound...

And the Bible is just wrong about a great many things. Atheists aren't horrible people, slavery is wrong, women aren't property, rape is horrible, etc.

I love how you just simply dodged the questions.

link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Hi Mr. Wendal.

well, if the OP won't speak to it, maybe I can.

I'm a Christian - I read the bible, try to keep up with the current scholarship involved. I'm a lay scholar, but I can back mine up with some serious linguisitics and textual criticism as I am trained in both linguisitics and medieval and renaissance literature from UTSA. My bona fides may or may not meet your standards, but there they are.

Let me ask you to clarify your second question.

Please list a few contradictions and let's see if they can be sorted with Biblical knowledge.

Unlike the OP, I like to draw from aprocrypha as well. Is that ok?

link   

Originally posted by 2012king
Slightly off topic but, if Jesus was the son of god and he existed on earth, in theory, if we managed to find remains of him of which DNA could be extracted, would we actually have the DNA of god? and if so, would we be able to create a replica of him? if we did create that replica, what would happen? surely there couldnt be 2 gods in existance could there?

This goes in line with the shroud of Turin. Which is a lie.

And no, there would be no DNA of Jesus as he rose from the dead and thus no body according to the Bible. As of now, we can barely even clone a sheep (pun) let alone God. Lets work on regular humans first....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

The passages you're citing weren't written in English. Jesus wasn't in the book of Deut and he most certainly turned water into wine in the place where he is mentioned. Did you not go to the link I posted? The word is unequivocally wine, it can be defined as nothing else.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I have read them.

That is the point. Each one is quite different in describing the same event. One event.

To tell us that four different writers wrote four different versions, well that's pretty much telling us that we are reading mans word, not Gods.

Is the Bible Gods word? If so, which one of the Gospels got that one simple event right? Then what about the other three? That would make Gods word wrong? Wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Why do you take only part of the Bible seriously? Why do Christians pick and choose?

I mean, You wouldnt stone someone to death for eating shellfish would you?

Why are christians friends with everyone else? Christians say if you dont accept Jesus, you will go to Hell. Why make friends with people that in your eyes are going to Hell for not believing what you belive in?

These are my Bible questions

First part of your question has already been answered, although I don't know where
look it up!

Second part is clear:

JAMES 4:4
"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the FRIENDSHIP of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. "

Christians should not be friends with worldy people. If they are, then they are just being disobedient.....what else is new?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthwormJim
Do you think the "Trumpet blown from the eastern hemisphere could be the tsunami sirens we heard from Japan??..
You know what I mean revelations i think.

Strange idea, but I see your point. I do not think this is the case as the other trumpets that came before this one have not came to pass. There is still no anti-christ, and life as we know it is very good right now compared to the judgements found in these trumpets.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by bluemirage5

Those are the first four books of the New Testament. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Each covers the event, but with glaring differences. Most Christian sects teach that the Bible is infallible and the word of God. I don't know which story might be true or accurate.

I starred you just because you were being honest here: "I don't know which story might be true or accurate."

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by IAMIAM

awwwwww shucks, I really was looking forward to KJV's answer because I did'nt think you knew the answer

Here is an alternate point of view for those interested...

I share this so that I do not derail the thread of the OP.

Seek the truth...

The Truth

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by bluemirage5

I agree with you. There are far too many nearly identical stories in most civilizations, whether Osiris and Horus, even the story of Noah is repeated.

I find that most of the mean stuff, as in not suffering a witch to live, stoning adulterers and homosexuals, that stuff, is found in the Old Testament, which are the Jewish scriptures. Not an Anti-Semite, just saying.

edit on 22-3-2011 by butcherguy because: grammatical correction

Once again, with any common sense, would this just verify the account found in the Bible. Could so many people and cultures really have all got it wrong???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by KJV1611

Are you a priest?

Yes. I am a biblical priest, not a catholic or orthodox priest. Just a King James Bible Believing, hell firing preaching, pro Israel loving child of God. Can you guess my denomination?

You're a Baptist - you said as much in another thread.

"hell firing"? You surely meant "hellfire." I believe in the Bible, am fond of the KJV, but I don't subscribe to the common notion of Hell. I can not find it in the Bible. Explain.

"pro Israel" Are you saying true Israel, the tribe of Judah, only or the Jews? In light of Revelation 2:9 and 3:9, how do you justify your support of the Jews? Have you fundies not made them into an idol?? Explain.

BTW, I took a look at both Genesis and Jasher - Sarai/Sarah is not tagged as Abram/Abraham's sister. The sister idea is based on Abraham's lie to Pharaoh, is it not? Explain.

It is only fair to tell you that I am a "Kingdom Identity" believer. However, as I type this I am wearing a tee-shirt with "Gashland Baptist Church" on the back. The front reads, "The Church Has Left the Building."

It takes courage to even start a thread like this - my fez is off to you.

Your bro' - Laz
edit on 22-3-2011 by Lazarus Short because: more to say

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by KJV1611

This is hilarious. The thread was guaranteed to collapse into chaos because even the pope can't understand the bible hahaha.

I can understand it. Quite well actually. And yes, the pope cannot understand the Bible, your are most correct sir. Star.

Mattew 23:9
"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."
This is dealing with RELIGIOUS LEADERS. read the context before any comment on "dads"

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

I have read them.

That is the point. Each one is quite different in describing the same event. One event.

To tell us that four different writers wrote four different versions, well that's pretty much telling us that we are reading mans word, not Gods.

Is the Bible Gods word? If so, which one of the Gospels got that one simple event right? Then what about the other three? That would make Gods word wrong? Wouldn't it?

I quoted myself.
Didn't want you to miss this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

Sooooo, whats your question? or are you just ranting out of not being able to understand the Bible?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Thats ok Mr KJV..........Butcherguy told me all I needed to know in regards to the variety of "gospbels" from 4 different men.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by DrChuck

Never seen Zeitgeist, don't even know what it is!

As for the rest of your posts, I find it lacks common sense to even a reasonable thinking person. Torah and the New Testament (or Bible) is open to interpretation. However if you think I'm incorrect you are welcome to debate it with sources other than verses of your bible and I'll have a look at it.

If your threads are not debatable then perhaps you need another forum?

Can you explain which of my posts lack common sense? Or will you dodge this question again?

I welcome all debate with my posts, but your posts are debating arguments I have never brought up.

For example: I was explaining how Jesus was rightfully the descendant of David without Mary being from the line of Levite. And you shoot off about God condoning rape, and asking how God is man enough to rape Mary, and then you state that Sara was barren until 90 years of age when God promised her a child. What the hell does that have to do with my post?

In any case, I replied with questions regarding your reply, and yet you have not answered any of them. Instead you go off on about Moses going out the door and the ten commandments he received, and the covenant that Abraham received. What were you replying to at this point?

I asked you to elaborate your argument concerning the Moses comment you left, and you just attack me, stating I have been subjected to the Romans. What the?

Yet again, out of nowhere you ask a random question - What is the meaning of Amen? I answered correctly according to your definition of it. And you say that I failed at answering it correctly.

How can I debate with a moron? Perhaps it is you that need another forum, including lessons in courtesy, debate and most of all reading comprehension.

I graciously bow out.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join