It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Touchdown: B-2 stealth jets return after epic 11,500 mile journey to bomb Libyan aircraft shelters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Touchdown: B-2 stealth jets return after epic 11,500 mile journey to bomb Libyan aircraft shelters

www.dailymail.co.uk

Pilots in the cockpit for a stamina-sapping 25-hour mission
They dropped 45 satellite-guided bombs weighing 2,000lbs each
Six hero pilots return home safe and sound from a bombing mission to Libya which saw them in the cockpit for an incredible 25 hours.
Three B-2 Spirit bombers, piloted by two men each, made it back after the 11,418-mile round trip from the Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri - where they are kept in special hangars - to Libya, where they hit targets on forces loyal to Colonel Gaddafi and back again.
At $2.1bn, they are the most expensive warplanes in the world and rarel
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Please go to the source article for the complete story and AWESOME Freaking Pics of these Aircraft marvels.

Pretty amazing stuff-if you think about it. Look at the cost figures alone 2.1 BILLION dollars for the mission. Who in the Hell is paying that one!!!!!?

Our enemies must be licking their chops at we (USA) continue to spead our forces and use up our military resources.

China could probably walk right the hell in... even without the Loan Pick Slips/Payback Demands letters!!!!

One heck of a long way to fly to do what it did? Thoughts?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3/21/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
amazing isn't that how you americans can yourself friends of humanity and do acts that Luciferians drool for ?

amazing , how the world is being led to hell

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I was literally just watching this and reading your post at the same time.
www.youtube.com...

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yeah I get all choked up and warm and fuzzy about our 'brave' 'heroes' who from thousands of feet in the air, using satelites to guide their bombs after travelling 10,000 miles from where they actually live, to bomb, destroy, murder and injure, men women and children who have never done a thing to hurt any of us.

Yep you can't get much more noble than that, blindly obeying orders, riding a mountain of sophisticated computer equipment, to unleash death and destruction on a target you can't even personally see, or know what is or who or what is in it.

But hey why worry because we all know that they knew right where those weapons of mass destruction where in Iraq and not one civilian has been killed in Afghanistan by our troops to date.

All thanks to our heroes, and their epic struggles to eliminate people until there is nothing left but ZERO.

Yeah military industrial complex!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Look at the cost figures alone 2.1 BILLION dollars for the mission. Who in the Hell is paying that one!!!!!?

Actually, $2.1-billion is the cost of the B-2, not the cost of the mission.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Aw jeez not this # again. Iraq part 2 here we go.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Yeah I get all choked up and warm and fuzzy about our 'brave' 'heroes' who from thousands of feet in the air, using satelites to guide their bombs after travelling 10,000 miles from where they actually live, to bomb, destroy, murder and injure, men women and children who have never done a thing to hurt any of us.

Yep you can't get much more noble than that, blindly obeying orders, riding a mountain of sophisticated computer equipment, to unleash death and destruction on a target you can't even personally see, or know what is or who or what is in it.

But hey why worry because we all know that they knew right where those weapons of mass destruction where in Iraq and not one civilian has been killed in Afghanistan by our troops to date.

All thanks to our heroes, and their epic struggles to eliminate people until there is nothing left but ZERO.

Any proof of men women, and children that are innocent have been murdered by our bombing runs? Since your so privy to information that the rest of us aren't, maybe you can enlighten us? Or, are you comments once again based of emotion, and not sound evidence. I think the latter of the 2 sounds about right.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The US military looks real tough against small, weak opponents. I wonder how 'heroic' our forces would be going up against a Russia or China--people who could actually fight back.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think they would look even better as a pile of junk in the desert of Libya. We need a good bloody nose to stop all the aggression of our government against helpless countries.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
while there's no doubt in my mind the people who fly these craft are very clever, they are certainly not hero's. hero's save people. hero's are firemen, medics, policemen, mountain rescue and many others whom help there fellow man even though it puts there safety at risk. not people who kill

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What a waste of time, fuel, money and pee bottles.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
The US military looks real tough against small, weak opponents. I wonder how 'heroic' our forces would be going up against a Russia or China--people who could actually fight back.

Not that I condone the actions against Libya, but yo do realize that Libya isnt weak like you would like to think. The massive arms were bought from Russia, China, and you guessed it, the US. By no means are they considered weak.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Any proof of men women, and children that are innocent have been murdered by our bombing runs? Since your so privy to information that the rest of us aren't, maybe you can enlighten us? Or, are you comments once again based of emotion, and not sound evidence. I think the latter of the 2 sounds about right.

You guys repeat this evidence chant until it happens, because it always does...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Exactly! While you are at it, I'd like to recommend you a song about how soon there will be nothing more to destroy. Listen to the lyrics of the awesome chorus.

All Hope Is Gone - Slipknot

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Care to enlighten us with your viable evidence?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Ya, but with fuel burn rates on that jet, the length of the mission, the cost of each bomb, the support logistics that kept it in the air and on target, I wouldn't be surprised it the mission was in the hundreds of millions!

Along Proto's line of thought, I am always struck with mixed emotions. I am from Missouri, I love having the B2's housed there, I love the ability the US Military has, and I am glad that I am an American, but these guys are certainly not "heroes." They never see the enemy, they aren't sleeping in some desert for months on end, they are drinking beer in a club one night, bombing some village in Libya the next night, and back partying a night later. They don't compare to the grunts on the ground witnessing the blood and gore and missing their families for months and years at a time. The Libya involvement was supposed to be a "no-fly" zone, not a bombing raid from halfway around the world. We weren't supposed to be killing Ghadaffi's sons and asserting our will, we were supposed to be ensuring a fair fight between revolutionaries and a military dictator. All in all, I am not proud of these actions.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by starviego

Not that I condone the actions against Libya, but yo do realize that Libya isnt weak like you would like to think. The massive arms were bought from Russia, China, and you guessed it, the US. By no means are they considered weak.

Everyone is weak compared to the US Air Force. Nothing even comes close to comparing. No matter how fervantly people will argue about Russia and China, it is a little league batter up against Nolan Ryan's fastball. Like I said in my earlier post, I am not proud of all of our actions, especially this one, but there is no doubt that the US Air Force can do whatever it wants, wherever it wants, whenever it wants, there is no solution for defending against it. The B2s, F22s, and F35s are declassified and still generations ahead of anybody else's cutting edge tech. Imagine what we have that is not declassified!

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Tell ya what? Go to flight school, become an pilot for one those bombers, endure the stress of flight, and bombing run...then come talk to us. You guys act like these pilots have no emotion. Yes the followed orders, but you'd be surprised how many come back shaking their heads....and are disturbed. pilots are not mindless robots, they do understand the harm they created.

( face palm )

link   

Originally posted by USAisSatanic
amazing isn't that how you americans can yourself friends of humanity and do acts that Luciferians drool for ?
amazing , how the world is being led to hell

I bet you'll be the 1st one to cheer if your country needed some help and US came to help.
Just say Thanks to the military for now regardless of what the politicians do. Politics is a very very dirty and filthy game. The Airmen are doing their job and following their orders. I'm sure they have a conscience as well but they are bound by duty. Imagine if each and every individual decided to question their orders worldwide?
I'm sure you did many things as a child when your parents asked you to without asking any counter questions or you're still probably doing it when your wife orders you around

Indeed war is dirty and so are natural resources. Its been that way since caveman's days. If you have it and someone wants it, there are only finite ways to get the resources. Everyone would love to complain but nobody is willing to provide the solution.
edit on 21-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join