It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

I've been ridiculed for years because of my belief that the Mole Men from the Underdog cartoon were real. They have repeatedly chewed into underground wires at my dad's house in an attempt to steal power for their civilization.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by steaming
I live in London, UK and have heard whe rator that seems to run

Not sure what you mean. It's either your typing skills or my reading skills.

As for the digital (square wave) vs analog (sine wave) as long as the sound is in our hearing range you can hear them. They will sound different and can be felt differently if loud enough. There is also a difference between true digital (square wave) and digitized analog wave, the only way I can think of describing it is using a digital camera to take a picture of a ball. Then zoom in close to the outside edge of the ball. Instead of being smooth like an analog wave it will be jagged.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Heard a weird noise outside at 2 am until 2:04 am, it was so loud, I am in New York on Long Island. It seemed to be coming from the sky and from the south east, I asked my mom if she heard it too, she said yes, and also sent a text to my friend who lives about 6 miles away and she said she heard it as well. Oh well back to sleep

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
One thought on the rumbling noise and where it comes from,we all know that animals are very sensitive ro changes,a appoaching thunderstorm,earthquakes,tornados,now my dog if she hears even a low rumble of thunder she goes into panic mode,so if us humans hear this noise and it is coming from the sky or earth itself,why are the animals not going crazy,it seems the animals would pick this up because their hearing is way better than ours,any thoughts to this?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Very good point. If you go in the other direction with it. Pets can sense your moods and to use the old phrase, they can smell your fear and will react to it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here's one from Norway, uploaded Oct.25

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by underdogradio

Well, first, Niagara Falls is more 'N' than Buffalo 'E'.I have never heard the noise from the Falls, 30km away,here where I live (15 years) the loud roar was three separate occasions, once on a Sunday, once in the evening., both clear/partly cloudy weather. next, Rumble is usually best heard at night, with LITTLE TO NO WINDS. I doubt it is windmills. then,the 'feedback' sound is exactly that... feedback like when a mic. is placed near speakers, fading in and out. I had tried to record the feedback sound that night, with my video camera, but no feedback sound was played back. Very strange. it was lightly raining that night, and the raindrops were clearly recorded. This was also the first time I sought confirmation and the noise was heard 40 km away... watching and listening...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

This video really doesn’t give us anything to use towards figuring out what the sound is. Only view is looking out a second story window (based on the two story house down the road). No date/time stamp so no reference to go by. My first impression of the sound reminded me of an Amy Winehouse song. I can’t tell you which one they are all the same to me.

It would appear it is a normal sound for the area since the dude working on the house doesn’t seem to notice it. I wish she would have gone down to ask him or even went out to a more open area to check it out. The sound could be coming from the house he is working on. A view down the street following the truck would be nice. To see if it is just passing by or related to some work going on close by. It looks like a load of scaffolding materials to me.

Since she appears to be in Fredrikstad, Norway, It would help if she showed the surrounding area to see what industries are nearby and how close to the river, highway, quarries, bridges, or tunnel she is.

The window is not open all the way and could be channeling the sound to her and the slight wind can affect the way the sound comes and goes. The other video she has on YouTube shows her cat acting normally, unless her cat doesn’t normally act like that.

I will go out on a limb and suggest the sound is not coming from the sky since the main direction of the camera is towards the house being worked on. It looks to me like they are in an older part of the town (not ancient) by the looks of the wooden window casing and the houses that do get shown, along with how close they are to the roads. Indicting to me they are closer to the center and busier part of town.

Without any other information there is no way for me to tell what the sound is or what is causing it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by handeroo

The feedback is probably outside the frequency range of the recorder so you might not be able to catch it. For the rumble, I have a link to the EFO seismic unit in near Effingham. It is a real-time short term (3 hours) recorder but could help indicate if the sound is coming from the ground.

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

Living in a rural are myself, the farmers in our area usually run their equipment late into the night, and around the clock certain times of the year. They have some big equipment and when we are indoors we feel it before we can hear it. Depending on the equipment it can put out a higher pitched sound also. Now I'm officially out of suggestions. Hopefully you can get it on tape someday and we can figure out what it is. I'll keep checking back to see.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am now convinced after studying this phenomena that it is coming from the Earth. The "Hum" is a vibrational frequency coming from our Mother Earth. We need to tune in when they become apparent. Here is a link I just read and found it pretty cool. www.pursuitofhappiness.info... and this one too. emotionalsoundtechniques.com...

Maybe our Earth is trying to heal herself AND us from what our sweet deceiving PTB are doing to us. Hopefully it will not get to a point where it so loud across the entire planet as to sound like a huge trumpet.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am so happy that I finally found a place where I can talk about this growing phenomenon that keeps spreading around the world. At first I didn't think much of it but then I started seeing more and more videos made with ordinary cameras and in so many different places that it just seems very strange to be just a coincidence, besides almost all the noises are exactly the same or extremely similar. At first I didn't have a clue as to what it could be, but then I read many different theories and the only logical explanation that I can find is HAARP. I have heard of this project a long time ago but I guess nobody at that time linked it to these eerie noises. It is impossible that those enormous frequency waves that they "shoot" in the Ionosphere can hide from our ears, so it only seems logical that we should here stuff. The scary thing is we don't have an official answer and so we are forced to speculate to try to understand what is going on.
But really folks what is going on? Because there is something going on that's for sure!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SoutherStar

It's always nice to read others opinions on this. But, I'm just curious about how much research you did on HAARP? And if you realized that you can't hear radio waves, they are completely different from sound waves. Radio waves are electromagnetic and sound is caused by pressure waves. Even if they were beaming sound waves into the ionosphere. You can't hear or feel the frequencies they are using.

I believe there is a simple explanation as to what the sounds are. The reports sound similar but to me most of the recordings are quite different. Due to the frequency response and handling of the recorders I don't think we can ever link them or tell what the sound is. That's why I encourage people to go looking for it rather than staying in one place or walking around the yard. I hope you keep looking for an answer.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
One thought on the rumbling noise and where it comes from,we all know that animals are very sensitive ro changes,a appoaching thunderstorm,earthquakes,tornados,now my dog if she hears even a low rumble of thunder she goes into panic mode,so if us humans hear this noise and it is coming from the sky or earth itself,why are the animals not going crazy,it seems the animals would pick this up because their hearing is way better than ours,any thoughts to this?

Just a thought.....maybe they get used to it? This sound has been going on for quite awhile now. Maybe when it first started (or became more noticeable) the animals did react and people just didn't attribute it to anything other than the mundane things animals usually react to? Now the sound seems to be pretty wide spread and frequent so maybe they just adapted to it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i feel compelled to write in here though i may be scoffed at.
this hum is the reason i sought out a sight such as ATS.
i hear it fairly frequently... im just a little south of windsor ontario so im near a region with some reportings of it.
ive posted it on my facebook and people within my neighbourhood have indeed heard the same although we cant pinpoint the cause.but curiously most people dont take notice of it.. or say they were sleeping and thus didnt hear anything.
it sounds and feels (and most of it is the feel) like a big truck running a street over. but we've gone on a drive and nothing is there.. and its always later at night.

rationally: sound carries farther at night.. it could be a big ship on the river.. it could be the nearby quarry running sometime of equipment (at midnight)..

but rationality goes out the window when i cant sleep and this goes on all night..........im tired lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Is it a possibility that it's noise from the sun with its solar flares? It's pretty active and it would explain why i hear it by the countryside of Holland. The nights have been very bright on the horizon too (different from usual).

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
www.wvec.com...

hamptonroads.com...

The two links above reference booming and shaking that has taken place in the Hampton roads area of Virginia.
There have been no explainations for this shaking but enough people felt this that it made the news twice. The first one was in May of this year. In August we had an unusual earthquake and have had many many aftershocks since then. The second unexplained shaking took place just this past Weds night. This morning at around 6:47 AM I felt a very mild shaking. I was not even sure that I was really feeling the shake but my cat who was sitting on my bed at the time reacted to it also. I called out to the livingroom where my husband was having his coffee and watching the Today show to see if he felt it too. He said he did not feel anything. It was bearly decernable what I felt this morning. Have there been any clues about what this could be?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

We also are having them 30 miles to the east of my area in Ocean City, MD . They have been going on for 4 or 5 weeks.

Our local news reported them the first few times but now I think they've given up. They even posted on their facebook that they will report them when someone tells them what they are .

Wish we could figure out what is causing them .

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

Can you locate a link to your local news station reporting of this? Would be interesting to have a list of news agencies who are covering what ever this is.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sorry I was unable to find the link to the reports because they were 4 or 5 weeks ago .

I am posting the link to their Facebook page . Please look for their post yesterday @ 11:06 am where they ask for a time and date from everyone who experienced the booms and shaking.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I had a similar experience....if you want, come listen to the recordings I made of it and tell me if it sounds the same....this is the last page of my thread where I just posted a video which I recorded an hour or so ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the next link is to the first page where I have 2 other videos.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join