It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by hawaii50th

The war in Heaven came down to earth when Satan was cast down and given dominion over the air of the earth.

Do you always reply to yourself?

Oops clicked on the wrong one

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why not?

Seems like a cop-out.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

yes but God did not intend for us to follow sacred geometry or to worship the coincidence of numerals.
Dont you see what im trying to say, Yes sacred geometry exists, But those who worship and base thier life on it is just another deceptive belief system more and more new agers are thinking today, But you would be surprised how open they are about Jesus, Alot in many cases have come from those new age movements into fire filled spirit filled followers of christ, And never look back at those rubbish doctrines of yogi, Transcendital meditation, Meta-physics, Sacred geometry, Ect.
Jesus was a carpenter because he was born of a humble family, his father was a carpenter, And jesus took after his earthly father. It was actually a really despised job in the time of year 20

link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
We may not be able to figure it out yet, but we are still a young species.

Want to do some catch up, check out this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

reply to post by Akragon

Why not?

Seems like a cop-out.

dude try to quote what you're replying too...please

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

it was a story...im sure theres a deeper meaning but i don't read much into it

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Why not?

Seems like a cop-out.

Ahh....as i've said theres lessons and stories in the bible...

Read about Jesus my friend, thats all you need

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

you deny the living son of God, And the truth of jesus and word of god.

But you now tell him to read jesus and quote like a preacher 0.o

Are you confused in something dude>?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Satan was cast down in Isaiah 14, or was he? Satan is not the correct translation. Isaiah 14 was a Babylonian King who fell from his place of glory. Is Satan the King of Tyre in Ezekiel? We really don't know what God's word means, only he does. We are the witness, not the judge. It's all a guess. The overall thread of truth is not a guess. Christ died and as Romans 1 says, it's obvious from nature that God exists. Walk with God knowing that you are merely witnessing what happens at this point. The adversary is Satan. Christ is your advocate. God is the judge. Calm down with the interpretation of what cannot be privately interpreted.

2 Timothy 2:14

"Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen."

It's all just words until we know the facts.

Humpty Dumpty from The Looking Glass:

Throughout the Alice stories, and especially in Through the Looking Glass, Dodgson reveals these three facts about his life and clarifies Humpty in a dialog with Alice. This curious exchange between Alice and Humpty in chapter 6 helps us understand the riddle further:

`And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'
`I don't know what you mean by "glory,"' Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. `Of course you don't -- till I tell you. I meant, "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"
`But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument,"' Alice objected.
`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.
`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many different things.'
`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's all.'
Alice was too much puzzled to say anything, so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again.
`They've a temper, some of them -- particularly verbs, they're the proudest -- adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs -- however, I can manage the whole of them! Impenetrability! That's what I say!

Verbs are proud (men) and actively seeking knowledge. Adjectives are easy to influence. Verbs are hard to manage, but God can manage them all.

I purposely lead you down this rabbit’s hole slowly to let you solve the rest of the riddle for yourself. The glory of man (above) is the birthday present when he is created, but the key to the riddle is in understanding what the word impenetrability means. This is a mathematical reference to the fact that two bodies cannot occupy the same space. In other words, evil and good cannot occupy the same space. God made man good, not evil. Regaining the former glory is impenetrable through the efforts of mankind alone. You can draw further inferences by studying the history of Freenasonry and reading some of Dodgson’s poetry.

A final metaphor that relates to this riddle is found in the Genesis story of the fall of man in the garden of Eden. There were two trees in the garden: the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Satan tempts man with knowledge to get to the keys of the tree of life, using man’s potential as his conduit of choice. He lies to man and tells him he can live forever. God then says a curious thing:

"The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

This is then the key to understanding the rest. Remember that Dodgson was a devout believer, a Mason and a mathematician. He understood the connection between Freemasonry and the biblical story of the garden. Now, reread the story as it is in literal terms:

Man sat on the wall of choice when he was vulnerable like an egg on a wall.
Man took knowledge and used it before he was ready (before the egg hatched), and had a great fall (from God’s grace). If he had just waited, he would have become his potential by hatching.
All of the King’s tools (technology) and all of the King’s men (Alchemists/Scientists/Mathematicians) could not put man back in his place of glory again.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
We know that there are divine beings that deceive from Genesis 6. The war in heaven will happen as stated in Revelation. Daniel also talks of war in Heaven. The is spiritual war within all of us. We wrestle not with flesh and blood... The illusion of reality and the warfare is not in the flesh, but in the spirit. The spiritual high places are not bound by time like we see time. There is just the ever present now since God does not change. We are within God since nothing exists outside of him. The war will (has) vanquish(ed) evil. Unless you think there is a chance God will fail, then there is no future. He has already succeeded, which indicates the fact that what we see pass by us now has already been seen and experienced by God in totality. He is not bound by time. We are bound by our frame within the story. It's a forest you move through and witness. You are the witness, not the judge Then again, I am wrong, as only I can be.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
I didn't mention the Bhagavad Gita or the Koran. I was replying to someone who did. I prefer the Dhammapada. 500 years before Christ and this represents Buddha searching for the enlightenment that Jesus brought to the world. I value it as a perspective only. An earlier post on the Koran tells what I think of Muhammad. He was a fallen man like any other. His words were from an angel. By his fruit, I would say a fallen angel may be the case. He represents Ishmael in the Bible so the promise to his seed can be found there. Muslims will recognize Christ and bow a knee like the rest of us. God's grace is for all people.

reply to post by SuperiorEd

My friend i've read every word the man had to say, even the ones that arn't in the bible... Truth incarnate is all i can say about Jesus...

Theres also many references in the bible about reincarnation, not to mention the bhagavad gita and the koran, they're just hard to find

edit on 21-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

You said fallen angel...

Do you believe a war in heaven took place?

edit on 21-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Alright but this war in heaven already happened, which was why satan was cast down to earth correct?

What im asking you is do you believe...an angel would disobey his creator? Do they have free will?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by Akragon

you deny the living son of God, And the truth of jesus and word of god.

But you now tell him to read jesus and quote like a preacher 0.o

Are you confused in something dude>?

when did i deny anything Jesus said?

perhaps you should read my posts again

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

yes but God did not intend for us to follow sacred geometry or to worship the coincidence of numerals.
Dont you see what im trying to say, Yes sacred geometry exists, But those who worship and base thier life on it is just another deceptive belief system more and more new agers are thinking today, But you would be surprised how open they are about Jesus, Alot in many cases have come from those new age movements into fire filled spirit filled followers of christ, And never look back at those rubbish doctrines of yogi, Transcendital meditation, Meta-physics, Sacred geometry, Ect.
Jesus was a carpenter because he was born of a humble family, his father was a carpenter, And jesus took after his earthly father. It was actually a really despised job in the time of year 20

You continue to respond to questions and statements that are simply not being put forward.
We are not talking about worshiping anything. I am talking about the undeniable FACT that patterns, sequences, very SPECIFIC ratios...just NUMBERS - are involved in everything.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

i did say in the post that sacred geometry does exist, But its not God, and its not the way to enlightenment

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

i did say in the post that sacred geometry does exist, But its not God, and its not the way to enlightenment

Well, if God created everything, and numbers seem to run through everything, then God must have used numbers/mathematics as his medium.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Yes that could be true, But people who misuse it in white magic and meditations is ungodly, its idol worship and witchcraft!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yes that could be true, But people who misuse it in white magic and meditations is ungodly, its idol worship and witchcraft!

Using an ability that God gave us is ungodly?
edit on 3/21/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

Bedtime for now.
edit on 3/21/2011 by ChaosComplex because: Nighty night

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

God did not say to use magic, He hates witchcraft, As for the people who meditate and focus on geometry patterns and watch colour videos to bring peace and tranquility is YES against God, and not intended for use.

But when we pray, And when we meditate on Gods word maybe sacred geometry is in use, But i dont back this up because i dont really care about sacred geometry, its not my focus, My focus is Jesus, And reaching the lost and dying, before they can go without knowing the name of christ. That is my purpose and belief

so if you choose to live your life by coincedence and numbers thats cool bro you do that, But one day every knee will bow and all tongues will confess that jesus christ is lord, my question is how will people respond thier heart and give accordance to God in that day?
edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: Im trying to read the bible but this thread has distracted me all day >.>

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
cause we was created by aliens. the bible has some truth to it, but the message everyone gets from it, isnt the message ment to be perceived by

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

God did not say to use magic, He hates witchcraft, As for the people who meditate and focus on geometry patterns and watch colour videos to bring peace and tranquility is YES against God, and not intended for use.

But when we pray, And when we meditate on Gods word maybe sacred geometry is in use, But i dont back this up because i dont really care about sacred geometry, its not my focus, My focus is Jesus, And reaching the lost and dying, before they can go without knowing the name of christ. That is my purpose and belief

so if you choose to live your life by coincedence and numbers thats cool bro you do that, But one day every knee will bow and all tongues will confess that jesus christ is lord, my question is how will people respond thier heart and give accordance to God in that day?
edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: Im trying to read the bible but this thread has distracted me all day >.>

wow...

link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

You are still assuming that sacred geometry is central to me. It is not. It is just obvious to me that our reality has been created using mathematic principles.

link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease
cause we was created by aliens. the bible has some truth to it, but the message everyone gets from it, isnt the message ment to be perceived by

Welcome to the thread, please take a number and go to page one

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join