It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mount Fuji In Red" A nuclear premonition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
"Dreams" by Akira Kurosawa is a series of short films by Kurosawa. They are surreal films that were adapted to the screen from real dreams that he (Kurosawa) had.
The one that really stands out is called "Mount Fuji in Red". it revolves around Mount Fuji erupting and six (yes 6) nuclear reactors exploding.

Could Akira Kurosawa have had a premonition via a dream about the current events? or more than likley is it just another coincedence?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Great movie, one of my fav directors of all time. Kinda want to watch it again after you mention it

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

What year was this made, do you know?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

It was released in 1990 according to IMDb
www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You know I saw Dreams a couple years back I thought about posting this exact video.

The next part of the movie fits in with nuclear disaster also, It really gives me the chills.

edit on 20-3-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Maybe a coincidence, but maybe we'll see if his dream will come true

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
ok, just watched the video. shocked, speechless, simply at a loss for words.. extremely extremely powerful and very very real... this was made 21 yrs ago???

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Thanks for that video
i had not seen that one before. It gave me the chills aswell.
I think there is alot we dont know about dreams. i had an experiance that changed the way i see things when it comes to dreams and "deja vu".

About 20 years ago (i was in grade 5 or six) my friend and I used to share our dreams with each other.
Now jump forward to a few years ago; I was working away in a minilab (camera store) when i had a strong feeling of "deja vu" come over me.
Next i felt my hair stand up on my neck and goose bumps all over, as i recalled in detail telling my friend about a dream i had. In the dream i was sitting in front of a screen, i was changing colours on the screen using a small keyboard, I was changing the colours by using letters on the keyboard.
This is what made me remember telling him about the dream, I found it strange that i could change colours by pressing letters.

Now the keyboard i used at work had six main buttons/keys two for changing density (light and dark) and four for changing colours cmyk = cyan, magenta, yellow and black. here is a pic of the keyboard

at that stage in my life i had never even sat in front of a computer.
I have seen my friend since this happened and he claims he can remeber me telling him that particular dream.

Sorry to rant on and get off topic on my own thread, but i though it may have some relivance.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Thats a ridiculous coincidence.... But honestly its just that. nothing more.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Thankfully the movie ends on a really optimistic note

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Kurosawa has been argued as one of the best, if not the best, film makers of all time.

This is obviously a case of an artist who's creativity came from a connection to another plane of existence - and a message from the future came to him in the form of a dream.

It felt so real, and it obviously moved him so deeply that he included it in his movie.

And now the future has come to pass and we see the story unfolding before us. As has been mentioned, fortunately the message at the end of the movie is one of hope.

new topics

top topics

join