It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just My Opinion on Believers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I agree.

Lot's of people use theory's as proof.
"that cow wasn't mutulated by aliens, most likely it was just an ordinary Yeti"
Not only the believers but sceptics as well, these days all lights in the skies seem to be chineese lanterns.

Many times it's clear that posters haven't even watched the whole movie, read the article or followed provided links.
I've even seen people saying that the moonlanding was a hoax, then later, they show pictures taken on the moon and point out a UFO!

But, looking at all these things without drawing conclusions is difficult, our brain want's answers. It's difficult to keep an open mind and not everybody can do this.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
well this is releaving im glad im a knower and not a beliver....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by M0bstarAnd none of you have answered my question either: Why do you feel the need to come on to a site like ATS with your "logical" ways and skeptic points of view and try to push them on people and stir up $h!t on here?

I didn't know this forum was the "Believers".....appreciation society.......think about it for a moment.....If everyone agree with everyone else......boy this sure would be a dull place!

I can't prove that Father Christmas or the Easter Bunny, doesn't exist....... but If you want to believe in Father Christmas then be my guest.......I'm not trying to change what you believe.

I am merely saying that I don't think there is enough tangible evidence to say with any certainty ET is visiting the earth.......especially as I've already explained there are already so many unusual things in the night sky anyway........ with or without ET spaceships.

As for trying to force my views onto you.........aren't you a little guilty of that yourself?

edit on 30-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

hi, this is a really really interesting site. im glad i found it. I found it through face book. I know this is kind of off topic, but this is kind of fun!
edit on 31-3-2011 by spaceball because: nothing important

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by M0bstarAnd none of you have answered my question either: Why do you feel the need to come on to a site like ATS with your "logical" ways and skeptic points of view and try to push them on people and stir up $h!t on here?

I didn't know this forum was the "Believers".....appreciation society.......think about it for a moment.....If everyone agree with everyone else......boy this sure would be a dull place!

I can't prove that Father Christmas or the Easter Bunny, doesn't exist....... but If you want to believe in Father Christmas then be my guest.......I'm not trying to change what you believe.

I am merely saying that I don't think there is enough tangible evidence to say with any certainty ET is visiting the earth.......especially as I've already explained there are already so many unusual things in the night sky anyway........ with or without ET spaceships.

As for trying to force my views onto you.........aren't you a little guilty of that yourself?

See....always have to come back with something that makes no sense as to what I was talking about...now your involving Santa Claus and The Easter Bunny....wow..smdh. Here you go again with the "believers" stuff...if you would of READ what I put, didn't I not say that I DO NOT "BELIEVE" EVERYTHING I hear or read. Ok...YOU don't think there is enough "tangible evidence"...well that's YOUR opinion, I respect that, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. As for me and others, I think there is evidence to say that they have been here..that would be MY opinion. To be honest we could sit here and argue forever...but the fact is you have no proof that disproves anything nor do I and others have any proof that proves anything. So its like we are stuck in the middle on this situation. I don't see the point in arguing...all I was saying was that I get tired of the skeptical and people who think THEY are the most "logical" people, coming on to sites and forums like this, going into the Alien/UFO sections and starting threads such as this one, just to stir $h!t up. It gets kind of old. It seems like nobody on here can talk or share something about aliens/UFOs without some kind of "logical" skeptical person having to stir something up. Seriously, I'm done with this thread....reply or not...there is no use in carrying on an ongoing argument that is probably in countless other threads on this site. Believe what you want, and I will what I want. 3ND0FL1N3......

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
reply to post by ag893

I disagree with that, I think you will find that the amount of people on here who want proof and are sceptics far outweigh the amount of people who think their is a civilization that lives inside the moon.
edit on 17-3-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

A very informal poll taken on this site just a few days ago would suggest otherwise. Unless only those who think its possible were the only ones responding to the poll.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-4-2011 by karen61057 because: add link

PS/ This is a poll does not include a topic of those who believe a civilization lives inside the moon. LOL.
edit on 8-4-2011 by karen61057 because: duh

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Wow, I can help you out here dude, your opinions about "Believers" and their motivations are pretty much all wrong where this "Believer" and all the others I know personaly are concerned, so here's the help part time for a rethink and this time try to put yourself in the other guys shoes, that way understanding lies.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The OP here is not really looking to debate or argue any side of this argument. He/ she is only out to flame people who believe ET has been here or at least exists.
I believe the possibility exists. In all the infinate space out there and all the infinate suns and planets its less likely that it didnt happen than it is that it did. I've listened to testimony from people that are respected in society and would have no reason to lie about it. Videos of course can and are faked but there are photos taken before the technology that exists today. Photos that would have been much harder to fake when pictures were captured on celluloid and not as data that can be easily manipulated. I dont think the OP really cares about that. I think they just wanted a thread to bash believers.
PS I believe in God too. The existence of other lifeforms only makes his creative abilitys that much more awesome!

To those who do believe: You dont need this guys validation. You've obviously come to your own conclusions without his input and whether you believe in God or not has nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceball

hi, this is a really really interesting site. im glad i found it. I found it through face book. I know this is kind of off topic, but this is kind of fun!
edit on 31-3-2011 by spaceball because: nothing important

Welcome spaceball.
Yes its a very fun and very interesting site.
I hope you enjoy your time here.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey

Originally posted by ag893
Reply to post by BenIndaSun

Well of course yes when you put it in that manner. But I was referring to people who are skeptics of conspiracy stories on a conspiracy site. Makes no sense. Why would you come to a forum like this if you don't believe any of what you hear? Keep being a government sheep and move on with your life.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Is it not equally possible that It could be argued your a conspiracy theory sheep? If you say no, then you truly are deluded, as I can accept and acknowledge the government lie to us or keep secrets.

I am here as a skeptic because I wanted to see if there was any good ufo case studies, also my uncle is a believer so we sometimes have this ufo debate, so I thought I would educate myself and also see if any of these case studies had any element of truth.

edit on 8-4-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

So.... is it possible perhaps.....
that you "want" to believe ...
but have not found enough to convince yourself yet ?
If you were that firm in your convictions you would not be on here at all. You'd be happily going on with your life not caring at all about this "silly subject". The fact that you are here reading and researching says to me at least that you are open to the idea. Hmmmm, think thats possible ???

edit on 8-4-2011 by karen61057 because: to put my reply in the correct position. LOL

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Well said. I've said it a few times before, it's a lot harder to be a skeptic than a believer. Everything is proof to a believer, but the skeptics have to pick it apart and pull and tease out any real information.

I want to believe, I'm sure most of us do. But believe just because is faith, and science has no place for faith. I don't want to think they are here, I want to KNOW. I want testable proof, not conjecture and half pixellated youtube videos.

We don't want to admit we're not alone? Quite the opposite, the believers don't want to admit we might be alone. If I didn't want to admit they are out there, why on earth would I spend countless hours digging through forums and videos looking for evidence?

Some of the skeptics are closed minded, yes, but all of the believers are closed minded as well as they refuse to accept that some of these are hoaxes, and refuse to accept the possibility they are wrong.

i'm 100% willing to be wrong, are you?

God that is so not true. I believe in the possibility but I am no idiot. I know a faked video when I see one and if I am unsure of the legitimacy of the video I am prone to disbelieve it rather than believe. There are logical people who see this possibility as legitimate. We are not all dumb sponges soaking up every bit of drivel out there. I cannot tell you how many tabs I've created on my screen to google something I've read here or to find additional information on a subject being discussed. I do not take every bit of evidence at face value. Nor do I dismiss a claim just because its outside of my comfort zone. I look into it. Before the internet ( yes I am that old) I had to drag my azz to the library over and over again to gain additional information on a given subject. I still use and love the library but the internet has made research so instantanious. Most of the sites I research on end in .edu or .org not .com.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Hey hey now. Just because Santa doesnt show up at your house doesnt mean he doesnt exist. It really only proves that you're on his naughty list!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Lately there's been nothing interesting popping out... The Norway Spiral was the greatest thing that ever happened, but officials said "it was smoke from a rocket" and people accepted it and forgot. It's frustrating.

Aliens visiting us is am exciting topic, but I dunno... maybe we're all just lunatics for even considering it possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join