It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Sumerian Literature and the Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
As an aside, I want also to mention that no date you gave coincides with Sumer, where the tale of Utnapishtim is thought to have originated.

Your Sumerian dates are Akkadian and Babylonian, actually, as are the tablets with the stories of both Gilgamesh and Utnapishtim.

Scholars refer to the region and culture as Sumerian, which causes confusion. Part of the reason is the written language is that of Sumer, which was adopted by the Akkadians when they conquered the Sumerians around 2270 BC and continued to be used as the "official" written languge by the Babylonians, who took over the place around 1700 BC.

Now, which Sumerian date are you asking about?

Harte

From what I can tell, the 3rd Dynasty of Ur was still Sumerian. The reason I did not give a date that coincides with the "actual" Sumerian civilization is because like you say, it is all considered Sumerian. The ruling parties did change as it was conquered and reconquered. The earliest tablets that have been transcribed were from the 3rd dynasty of Ur.

source

the wiki for a general idea of the dating -

* Ubaid period: 5300–4100 BC (Pottery Neolithic to Chalcolithic)
* Uruk period: 4100–2900 BC (Late Chalcolithic to Early Bronze Age I)
o Uruk XIV-V: 4100–3300
o Uruk IV period: 3300–3000 BC
o Uruk III = Jemdet Nasr period: 3100–2900 BC[2]
* Early Dynastic period (Early Bronze Age II)
o Early Dynastic I period: 2900–2800 BC
o Early Dynastic II period: 2800–2600 BC (Gilgamesh)
o Early Dynastic IIIa period: 2600–2500 BC (Early Bronze Age III)
o Early Dynastic IIIb period: ca. 2500–2334 BC
* Akkadian Empire period: ca. 2334–2218 BC (Sargon)
* Gutian period: ca. 2218–2047 BC (Early Bronze Age IV)
* Ur III period: ca. 2047–1940 BC

edit on 22-3-2011 by Vizzle because: nudity

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The Sumerians were not Akkadian. Technically, Sargon the Great ended the Sumerian reign over Mesopotamia.
But, everyone still lived there, and they still called themselves Sumerian. And scholars refer to the civilization there as Sumerian all the way up to the Late Babylonian period, IIRC.

Harte

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I know if I thought like an elitist, and were that powerful of an organization, I would do just about anything to stay that way and retain power for as long as possible. What better way than to discredit a possible god-like figure before he even gets here? What if the Sumerian myths of Enki are true and he returns and claim his place here on Earth as the creator of all humans? What if he shows proof to us, dazzles us with his knowledge and abilities, just like the good book says he will? The Vatican would immediately declare him the Antichrist and since he's been described as a god-like figure as I just mentioned, whether it be a Sumerian God or a Mayan God or Jesus himself, is likely going to threaten the power of the Church and therefore be deemed "evil" so that 2 billion people can turn into an army overnight and help the Vatican keep its power. Like I said, it's a classic tactic of those in power to discredit their opponents and a simple way to amass and army of people to die for your cause without even questioning it. I do believe in God Almighty, a great Creator of all, but not in the way religious Dogma teaches.

You make a very good point here, SonOfTheLawOfOne. I have heard, and read posts of many Christians who label ALL ET Beings as Satan/Devil/Demons/Anti-Christ. I do not really know why this is, but they do this, in this, and in every forum I have ever belonged to. I have to think, with the constant labeling of things not in the Bible and things not known to them, the religious crowd must really want Demons and Satan to come down and get them. That is all they seem to talk about in these threads. Very cult like thinking, if you ask me.

Then Vatican has admitted that extraterrestrials are a reality, and even have plans to send missionaries into space to convert the ETs to their ways, and into their cult. I have some rather sad news for them, it will never happen. I think Enil and Enki, and Marduk are all dead now, and Inanna is now in charge. Perhaps she will come and correct all of humanity's many mistakes. Perhaps she would like to be the Queen of Earth. Wonder what the Vatican and Christians would have to say to that?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It was simply to pacify the masses (Pagans) so that they would conform to the new religion (Christianity) and to move away from the Jewish Sabbath so that the Jews would abandon Judaism and move to Christianity.

I really doubt the Pagans were "swayed" into joining Christianity. like they were forced into it, probably at the point of a sword, or fear of torture, something the Church seems to be very good at. I'm just saying.....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Enki/Lucifer has certainly overthrown most of the other princes involved to reclaim his seat of power

OK, if Enki is Lucifer, then who is Enil? They are brothers, you know. And what about Inanna? She was a daughter to Enki, so is she Lucifer's daughter? Inanna's name is commonly taken from Nin-anna "Queen of Heaven" (from Sumerian NIN "lady", AN "sky") So I take it then that Lucifer is Kink of Heaven and his daughter is Queen. Right?

The Goddess Inanna "The Queen of Heaven"

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I've read several books about Sumer, mostly written by Samuel Noah Kramer. The parallels between the Sumerian tablets and the Bible are astounding to me, even though more than a thousand years separates the two cultures. (That would be like something from 1009AD influencing what we think of in 2009AD)
For example, the Sumerian "Cain and Abel" story of Enten (winter) and Emesh (summer) ended much more peacefully in the Sumerian myths than it did in the Bible. The brothers, after receiving the judgement of Enlil (their God and father) , gave each other presents and drank beer and ate a huge feast. Neither brother committed murder.
Kramer says that the Sumerians were long gone by the time Moses came along and that is true, however Abraham was from Ur which was a Sumerian city and he was born (from what I could find) at about the same time that the Sumerian culture disappeared. (Sumerians texts speak of "Great Weapons of Terror" being used in the wars of the Annunaki) So it is possible, I suppose, that Abraham knew the Sumerian myths and stories, and might have passed them on to his progeny. It is also possible that Moses himself was a Sumerian, and the famous story told about him being found in a basket was made up.
If those myths and stories were passed down orally from father to son, that would explain how Moses knew all of those old Sumerian myths and incorporated them into his writings, giving them his own spin, of course. The comparisons between the Sumerian writings and the Old Testament are shocking, to say the least, and it is very easy to see where the Bible stories came from. Thanks, OP, for a fascinating post and subject matter.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

The first five books of the Bible were written by Moses

You state that as a fact, KJV1611, can you prove this statement with solid evidence? I didn't think so. There is no conceivable way to tell who exactly wrote the stories originally, is there?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

It was simply to pacify the masses (Pagans) so that they would conform to the new religion (Christianity) and to move away from the Jewish Sabbath so that the Jews would abandon Judaism and move to Christianity.

I really doubt the Pagans were "swayed" into joining Christianity. like they were forced into it, probably at the point of a sword, or fear of torture, something the Church seems to be very good at. I'm just saying.....

That would depend on the pagan, I would think.

It is known that Christians were brutilized by the Romans originally. Do you think they were all immigrants from Canaan?

Why would anyone risk being fed to the lions?

Originally posted by autowrench
(Sumerians texts speak of "Great Weapons of Terror" being used in the wars of the Annunaki)

Source?

I doubt that Moses ever existed. Same for Abraham.

Harte
edit on 3/24/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Just found this thread ... excellent information. Much of the Old Testament froms from the Summerians and Egyptians. To the OP - good job. Star and Flag. *and shameless bump of good info*

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Just found this thread ... excellent information. Much of the Old Testament froms from the Summerians and Egyptians. To the OP - good job. Star and Flag. *and shameless bump of good info*

Thanks! I found the comparison between the Epic of Gilgamesh and the story of Noah and the Ark really interesting. If you are interested in sumerian literature, I highly recommend the ETCSL website. I wish they would update it

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Bible is an Astrological Theological literary hybrid. If the Bible or similar holy books are the word of God, then why did God not write them in a universal language that all men from all ages could understand? It would seem that if a God is an all knowing being, that God would implant a language into all sentient creatures at their creation so they might be able to read his word, and comprehend it without error or misunderstanding. Likewise such a writing would not require any interpretation by anyone such as a Priest, Rabbi, or similar religious person of advanced education.
Much of the Old Testament Bible is a rehash of older Summerian and Mesopotamian myths. What reaches us today is copies, of copies, of copies. Translations, that were good or more often bad. In fact some translations are so far off from the original language that it is a joke.
“Religions are not revealed: They are evolved. If a religion were revealed by God, that religion would be perfect in whole and in part, and would be as perfect at the first moment of its revelation as after ten thousand years of practice. There has never been a religion that which fulfills those conditions.”
Robert Blatchford, Author, (1851-1943)
RE: The Old Testament “When I see, throughout the greater part of this book, scarcely anything but a history of grossest vices and a collection of the most paltry and contemptible tales, I cannot dishonor my creator by calling it by his name.” Unknown.
The old Biblical Joseph was a prototype for Jesus. (Joseph was born of a miracle birth he had 12 brothers, he was sold for 20 pieces of silver, his brother Judah suggests the sale of Jesus, Joseph began his work at the age of 30, there are many more parallels.

Bible (Southern Mesopotamian) - A series of scriptural books (Old Testament) begun when the Israelites were held captive in Mesopotamian Babylon from 586 BC. Earliest Hebrew scriptures were compiled between the 6th and 1st centuries BC. Thus their representation of facts from thousands or even hundreds of thousands of years before are not accurate. Some books of that period were not selected for inclusion in the canonical Old Testament, for instance the books of Enoch and Jubilees, the book of Joshua and Samuel, the book of Jasher. Book of Numbers and the book of The Wars of Jehovah, and the book of Isaiah and the book of The Lord. All referred to in the Bible but were not included.
A problem with translation to English does not connote the difference between Jehovah and The Lord. Christianity has embraced a one God belief however ancient texts refer to two who were brothers, that is Enlil or Ilu-kur-gal or El Elyon. El Elyon is Jehovah (Yahweh) which came from and original Hebrew stem (HYHWH) or “I am that I am”. Also known as God or El Shaddai. El Elyon is a vengeful god, a people suppresser. God retaliated against Education and enlightenment of the people. Indeed he obliterated the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, because they were great centers of wisdom and learning, not because they were dens of wickedness.
His counter part or brother is Enki or Baal who is Adon. Or Lord. This was the Lord of the people, or a kind people supporter. He set up the escape strategy during the Flood, and passed on the tables of Destiny or tablets of scientific law which became the bedrock of the early mystery schools in Egypt. Enki also gave the Sumerians access to the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life.
The reason for God to take preeminence with the Israelites was that God Jehovah retaliated against them with tempests, famines, floods, and other destruction. Jerusalem was overthrown by God in about 600 BC. At this time tens of thousands of Israelites were taken into Babylonian captivity. Within 500 years of the birth of Jesus Christ the Israelites developed a new religion around Jehovah or God. The concepts of Adon were totally discarded, thus the religion became a faith of fear. Thus was born the Trinity of the Christian Church. God the father - El Elyon, God the son - Christ and God the holy spirit - Baal.
This may also give you some insight into why the angels revolted against God before man was put on this earth.
Some of the records recently found (1920's) and discovered in Syria were old Canaanite texts. They tell of the Sumerian records of about 3,700 BC which relate that the two gods were brothers.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Noah, Noah’s Ark, Nereus (Hebrew ) - [“The wet one”]. [May 10th 2807 BC.] The Grandson of Methuselah. The son of Lamech. Methuselah advised Lamech to keep Noah’s name hidden because the earth was evil and magicians would use his name against him, so Lamech called his son Menachem [the Comforter].
Noah is called [“Halios Geron”] meaning [“The Salt-Sea Old Man.”] Of the line of Seth. The Lord instructed Noah to build a large boat (Ark) [box] and to bring on board two animals of each species. The boat was said to measure 300 x 50 cubits. Today this might equal 500' x 83'. (See “Cubit” for various measurements) The earth flooded and destroyed civilization. The boat was said to have eventually landed on Mt. Ararat. Noah, his family, and the animals repopulated the world. The ark was said to have landed some 36 - 48 miles from Babel of Babylon It was said to have been afloat about 30 days. Noah’s great grandson was Nimrod (son of Cush), he rebelled against god. Noah was about 600 years old at the time of the flood. He lived another 350 years.
2.) - Noah Lamechson ???
3.) - Cessair was described in the later Irish Celtic legends as a granddaughter of Noah, and the first inhabitant of Ireland ; but probably she was a tribal goddess or divine ancestress of the pre-Celtic people in Ireland. He refused her a place in the ark and so she with 3 ships and several hundred women plus 3 men set sail for 7 years, eventually ending in Ireland. Two of the men deserted the expedition, the third jumped overboard to become a salmon.
4.) - (Authors observations) - Although the likelihood of all the earth’s ice melting is small, even if it did the oceans would probably only rise an additional 36' from its present sea level. Additionally even in this day and age with 6.7 billion people on earth, we still are discovering new species of animals, birds, and insects, not to mention fish so to acquire a pair of all earths land animals would be impossible.
Most likely this story represents an actual occurrence in the area of the dead sea, or similar area, in which a great flood occurred, destroying the people and animals in the area. Thus Noah might have saved two animals of each species, relative to his geographic area. Or more likely he would have saved domesticated animals ensuring at least two (Male and female) of each species were to survive, with additional animals such as chickens, cows, sheep or goats for food for the 30 or so day float. The huge space of the Ark was likely for storage of hay and grain to feed the livestock. A cow, goat, horse, mule, sheep and camel might consume 70 cubic foot of bailed hay a day. Of course they didn’t have bailed hay and so the hay would have been much less dense and therefore more likely 100 to 120 cubic foot of hay a day just for those 6 animals. If he had only two of each of the above animals they might have consumed 3,600 cubic foot of hay for the 30 day trip. This in addition to grain, plus grain stock for future crops. Thus between a quarter and three fifths of the ark’s space was set aside as storage for hay and grain for the animals.
Most likely if it rained each day, he was able to use the rain as a source of water and not needed to store any, but if the rains were not clear, that is if they contained volcanic matter or other impurities, then they would have needed to store potable water as well. This would have consumed a great deal of space. A horse alone could consume 10 gallons of water a day. The animals themselves would have needed about a half of the ark’s space for living and food storage.
Noah and his family (It is said 80 people issued from the Ark when it landed) would have needed another quarter of the boat for living and kitchen plus some form of cooking facility to cook the meat, of if they stocked salted dry meat, then reconstitution of the meat. (Cooking would have required fire which would require fuel. This would have taken more space, and would have been a dangerous fire hazzard.) Dry salted meat or fish would have been the better choice. Of course someone could also fish from the boat, but feeding 80 people would have taxed even an expert fisherman, especially since the ark was fully enclosed, no open decks!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
While we don’t know the accurate dimensions in modern terms and we don’t know the enclosed area above and below decks, it is likely that this space would have been sufficient for only the above animals in addition to many chickens, ducks, geese, etc. But hardly sufficient for all the known animals of the world, and certainly two elephants would have greatly challenged the food and water supply on board. All of the grain and human food would have been stored in wooden barrels to prevent contamination and being eaten by rats. Also the amount of urine from the animals that flowed to the bottom (Bilge) of the ship would have to have been pumped or bailed out regularly or it would have been a serious problem after 10 days, not to mention 30 days, the supposed length of the voyage. There were several flood myths which predate that of Noah, and from which obviously Noah’s was copied.
5.) - The generally accepted explanation of the story of the Flood is that it told of a local event experienced by ancient Sumerians who spread the tale by diffusion to the surrounding cultures.(abubu = Flood).
"In 1929, the English archaeologist Sir Charles Woolley reported finding water-deposited layers as much as ten feet thick in excavations near the Euphrates..." - Isaac Asimov, In The Beginning, (1981) pp. 153-154
There are approximately 175 flood myths. 14 of them specifically mention a full solar eclipse, these date to May 10th 2807 BC. That particular date coincides with an asteroid impact off the coast of Madagascar. The Tsunami would have been in excess of 600 feet and likely double that . Half the myths talk of a torrential downpour, A third talk of a tsunami. Worldwide they describe hurricane force winds and darkness during the storm. All of these could come from a mega-tsunami. Four wedge shaped chevrons or wedge shaped sediment deposits in Madagascar indicate such an upheaval, they point to an 18 mile wide crater some 12,500 below the water surface demonstrate that such an impact point. That crater is in the middle of the Indian ocean. Some newer scientific speculations lean toward dates between 7 and 10,000 years ago.
6.) - (Author’s conjecture) - Another possibility was that the Great Flood was actually some form of cataclysm such as an asteroid hitting the earth and causing, not a flood but some other problem such as debris in the air and very poor breathing for anyone in the open air. As such ancient writers might have been stymied in their accurate descriptions, yet most of the descriptions given in the bible would have been reasonable.
In such an instance it would be possible that Noah found a large cave, modified it for habitation, the dry storage of crops, feed, food, and various animals. He would not have had quite the problems with manure and bilge water, although there would have needed to be a supply of potable water. Indeed such a cave would have allowed a fire and storage of fuel for same. In this instance a cave of suitable dimensions might have been found, and modified. Such a cave, with proper thought given to its adaption, could also have a way of precipitating particulate’s from the outside air so that fresh air would not have been a problem.
A cave would have been a better choice if a Tsunami were expected. If its location were high enough, it might have been above any flood waters, while a properly chosen entrance would have prevented the Tsunami from causing havoc inside. It is interesting that today (2008) there exist three known arks which are high tech caves dedicated to the storage of seed crops in the event the planet suffers a great natural cataclysm. Another thought; the flood most likely originated in the tsunami created by the eruption of Thera in the 17th century. B.C. (Compare to Xochiquetzal ). See Cubits, Deukalion (the Greek version of Noah)
Another possibility would Noah having a cave in which he stored the DNA of our civilization. Of course he would have to have been quite advanced scientifically, at least on par with our present scientific advancement.
6b.) - (Author’s conjecture) - Another distinct possibility of the Great Flood would be the sinking of Atlantis. The strongest possibility of Atlantis’ location would be the Great Atlantic Plateau which is located mid Atlantic Ocean and stretching from Britain through the Azores, and ending approximately in the Canary Islands. This would have been Plato’s legendary location, likewise to Herodotus’.
The offspring of Noah are listed below.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"But, as the case now stands, we do not hesitate to declare that,
far from being a myth, the Biblical Deluge 'is a real and historical
fact', having, to say the least, left its impress on the ancestors
of three races--Aryan, or Indo-European, Semitic, or Syro-Arabian,
Chamitic, or Cu#e--that is to say, on the 'three great civilized
races of the ancient world', those which constitute the higher
humanity--before the ancestors of those races had as yet separated,
and in the part of Asia they together inhabited." (François Lenormant - 1879)
The Bible does not include the Black man, the Red man or the Yellow man as the sons of Noah. It strictly mentions European/Middle Eastern stock.
Atlantis sank in one day. The Azores is even now a volcanic turbulent area.
6c.) - Another possibility is that Mt. Ararat has an underground series of tunnels similar to Derinkuyu (see), a major underground ancient city located in the Cappadocia region, and one of over 200 such ancient underground cities in Turkey. Along with this the dimensions of the ark may have meant for a main room of the tunnels to be of those dimensions. In Derinkuyu there is such a room, fashioned as a church.
6d.) - There is conjecture of the Dwarf Dark Star Niburu (G1.9 official astronomical designation) being involved in a tidal flood that washes over earth for 6 days. The tide could be up to 10,000 feet in height. If the star exists, it is a small or white dwarf star that never ignited, and so it projects X-rays which can be harmful or fatal to life on earth depending upon how close Niburu comes to earth. It is said that Niburu makes its circuit every 3,600 years and that 2012 is the time of the next close encounter with Earth. If this is the case, then a ship would not be a wise choice while tunnels would, if properly constructed to keep them dry during a deluge. A tunnel, especially one constructed under Granite would afford the best protection from X-rays and other harmful radiation.
7.) - Flood myths of consequence include those of Serbia in which the deity Burkhan commands the great ship to be built. The Babylonian myth mentions Utnapishtim’s ship
8.) - Other flood myth’s of consequence include those of India’s Manu, Sumeria’s Ziusudra, Armenia’s Xisuthros, Mesopotamian’s Gilgamesh. (Funk & Wagnalls)
9.) While the Egyptians have no mention of a Great Flood in their history, there is a reference to Hathor, who also went by the name Mehit, meaning great flood. This reference is not to be confused with the flood of Noah. Rather it refers to the primal waters of creation and the yearly flooding of the Nile
10.) - Naamah, (Bible) - a woman identified in the Midrash Genesis Rabbah as the wife of Noah, who is not named in the Tanakh. However, the 17th century theologian John Gill identified Naamah as the name of the wife of Ham, son of Noah, whom he believed may have become confused with Noah's wife.
11.) - The 7th Manu was the Hindu Noah (each Manu lived for 4,320,000 years.)
The wife of Noah is identified in the Book of Jubilees as Emzara. Compare Sitchin's extraterrestrials
12.) - Utanapishtim was the one god contacted to build an ark in the Gilgamesh epic.
13.) - Atrahasis / Ziusudra was instructed by Enki to build an ark in Sumarian myth.
14.) - The ark measured 300 x 50 cubits. If you consider that a cubit measures from 17.4" to 25.0266" inches, depending upon the particular ancient scale you use. The maximum size of the ark would have been 628.67 x 104.27 feet. It would have been impossible to hold two of all the animals of the earth, not to mention their food and water, in that much space, even if it were also 50 cubits high. Even a vessel three times that size would not be large enough for that task. Author
15.) - Some say the ark eventually came to rest on the mountains of Mt. Ararat in Turkey near the Iranian boarder. Since the mountain is some 16,946 feet tall, and if all the earths moisture were available in the oceans, the oceans would not rise more than 55', certainly the ark would be sitting at the bottom of the mountain where it would have long since rotted, rather than at the top of Mt. Ararat as many suggest.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I really enjoyed reading this thread and I can't believe I missed it when it was first posted. I'm going to bookmark it so I can come back and read what I hope will be many future replies.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by DanUKphd

TORH TORH YHWH HROT HROT (1st 5 books).

The code is more complex than just the Torah (for those who don't know, starting from the first "tau' characher in the first two books, and taking every 49th [7 x 7] letter, we get the hebrew name for the five books. The third book reveals the name of God using the same distance between the letters and the last two books reverse the order of the letters in the torah, as shown above).

There are also much more incredibly complex encodings within the text. So complex and pervasive that it is unlikely that a human genius would have been able to do it. These encodings work for all three "original' versions of the Torah in Hebrew.

"Code" can be found through any large text. I believe they proved this will Moby Dick by finding a "message" that was not there, making the Torah code argument definitely not proof of validity...but back on topic...I find this astonishing and the parallels are very similar....But I wonder if the Sumerian stories were second-hand knowledge? Who were the original characters in these stories?! Awesome stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I only recently read the story of Sumerian (creation story) a few days ago! and had the same thought, it's pretty much the same but 1 big difference, Eki (god), seemed like a star traveller with different people, like scientists, likely with very very advanced machines. But in this story, God(Eki), doesn't seem 100% perfect, while in the bible he seems without fault etc.

Not really a god, more like a leader, coming from a planet where 1 day is like a few thousand years here, but maybe still mortal?. While in the Bible you really have no idea was god is like, only showing his 1 hand when Moses climbed a mountain.

But for me the story of the sumerian tablets, could make it much more easy to believe that there is or was a god/creator, since non-believing always just say; haha the earth is 6.000 years old! It's more easy for many I bet, god was coming from another planet and created life on this planet (and destroyed while not being happy about his creations (former people), maybe with his war space ships?

It doesn't matter how the story is told it's about the message, some kind of knowing, the basics of our history, if these stories hold the truth that is.

I just had this thought, maybe there was ''a saved guy/Noah'' for each of the different races, with their own different kind of animals, given by our creator(s). Makes sense also, more sence then we just all came from Africa at least.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

Also sorry for going a bit off topic maybe.. but I have this crazy idea.

Lets say godour creator lived on this planet, remember all those unexplained buildings (pyramids, very big statues everywhere, some 20 meters high from 1 piece big granite on different continents!, building which could not be made by the first people basicly.

So maybe all those things are from the world before the latest creation (the people who live today).

On all those big ancient buildings, with the same kind of big granite stones, or the recenty found old spot somewhere in Turkey, you always see it's about animals! Even that big building below sea with a big turtle.

Now back to the pyramids, lets assume our creators made the Pyramids (or we helped them), it seems impossible to make! and so many things unexplained. Those 3 little pyramids infront of the big 3, probaly made by the egyptians, when they settled there long after the big pyramids where made.. trying to make them by them self, but failed horrible.

But back to Eki, you read in that story about the mother of birth or something, if you look at these guys, I can just imagine it's her on the left in below picture, maybe some of the statues is Eki himself. But of course this is a very big guess, also could be the half gods (mixed with the creators blood), who once lived here, before the big flood/destruction.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just look at for example these 2 pictures (especially the second picture), when reading the story of the the sumerian creators, when I look at them, I see them making animals and people (with their heads not attached yet). Just saying if I had to make a drawing of that story it would be close to that.

[Without] the sperm of a ma[le] she gave [birth] to offspri[ng.,] to the [em]bryo of mankind. (Harps 157) Thus man was created to relieve the gods of their work. The gods then decide to have a feast to celebrate their new creation, and Enki and Ninmah begin to drink beer and start "to feel good inside." Ninmah boasts that she, as the goddess of birth and gestation, is the one who determines whether "the build of men"

So for me the whole Egypt pyramide area with their pyramids and all the (huge) statues (resembling the image of the creators (gods), is a facinating look at where our creators lived once and how they looked like, and to be honest, they look like us but still not really the same!.

edit on 30-1-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
Just look at for example these 2 pictures (especially the second picture), when reading the story of the the sumerian creators, when I look at them, I see them making animals and people (with their heads not attached yet). Just saying if I had to make a drawing of that story it would be close to that.

That's the Narmer palette. Your pics show the front and back sides of it.

It is an actual palette in the sense it was used to hold makeup like a palette today holds paint.

It commemorated Narmer uniting Upper and Lower Egypt and shows him beating on a foe with a cudgel. It also shows dead enemies (decapitated) lined up - meaning Narmer was a bad dude if you crossed him.

It has nothing to do with any god (other than the god-king of Egypt) and certainly has no involvement with anything Sumerian or Babylonian.

Harte
edit on 1/30/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by troubleshooter
Abraham later came out of Ur of Chaldea and had lived in the household of the aging Noah while a boy...
...so Abraham was contemporary with the Sumarians and their stories...
...which were just different versions of the same Noah event...
...that changed like a Chinese whisper as it was retold within each split.

Right, also keep in mind that Noah would have been alive the same time as Abraham and Nimrod. I believe Noah was an instrumental component in bringing about the event at Babel, the downfall of Nimrod (and Luciferianism) which led to the division of history from that point forward.

I agree with this connection between Noah, Nimrod/Babel.
edit on 30/1/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join