It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get the people out of Japan!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Considering the ramifications of the on going disaster in Japan, why hasn't there been any calls to evacuate non-essential people from the island?

Why are other countries not opening their doors to these people and working to get them out of there?

Japan is just a title. It is in all actuality, just an island occupied by people. They are not "Japanese" they are people. The offer should be made to get as many out as are willing to leave. This nuclear disaster is only going to grow and the damage done is just beginning. Get the people out before it is too late.

Of course, many will not wish to go. They will not want to leave behind their country, their culture, their wealth (if they have any left), and their family. These things are illusions and some will see past them. Get the people out who wish to leave.

Those who wish to save their lives will lose them

Are we mad keeping people trapped on a doomed island?

Has there been any calls for a mass exodus?

With Love,

Your Brother

51And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, 52And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. 53And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. 54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 55But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village. 57And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. 58And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. 59And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 60Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. 61And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. 62And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

edit on 15-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What do you think? Cite me several examples of when a government or corporation REALLY did something to help a population after a natural or man made disaster. The people in Haiti are still waiting for that Red Cross money to help them, many are camped out right outside the Red Cross base there and still no help.
We radiated Japan 70 years ago, we put Japanese Americans in internment camps in their own home country, the world is sick, don't expect much improvement with the same crew running things.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
if i recall,

there are a lot of fri'n people in japan.

200 planes a day forever.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
What do you think? Cite me several examples of when a government or corporation REALLY did something to help a population after a natural or man made disaster. The people in Haiti are still waiting for that Red Cross money to help them, many are camped out right outside the Red Cross base there and still no help.
We radiated Japan 70 years ago, we put Japanese Americans in internment camps in their own home country, the world is sick, don't expect much improvement with the same crew running things.

You are correct my friend, the world is sick. What I suggest here, should have been done with Haiti. It should have been done with New Orleans. It should always be done when disaster strikes. We see Haitians, Japanese, New Orleanians, instead of seeing people.

We need to open our eyes soon and change our way of addressing these problems. They are only going to get worse until we do.

Every person on this planet should be regarded as your closest kin.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As if it were that easy...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
if i recall,

Like I said, many would not want to leave because they are attached to the land. It is who they are.

But for those who want to leave, do you know how many people could fit in a C-5 transport? Do you know how many could be fit into an aircraft carrier?

Don't tell me we do not have the means to do it. We have the means, we prefer to use it to destroy one another rather than help one another.

It is time we turned our swords into plough-shares.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by fooks
if i recall,

Like I said, many would not want to leave because they are attached to the land. It is who they are.

But for those who want to leave, do you know how many people could fit in a C-5 transport? Do you know how many could be fit into an aircraft carrier?

Don't tell me we do not have the means to do it. We have the means, we prefer to use it to destroy one another rather than help one another.

It is time we turned our swords into plough-shares.

With Love,

Your Brother

Listen dude, there are plenty of safe, undamaged, untouched places in Japan. Hokkaido is practically good as new at the moment.

Stop acting like Japan is a third world country.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
This earthquake is a judgment from god. I say screw the japs and see if godzilla saves them.

You see a harsh judgement issued by a bitter vindictive God. That isn't MY God my friend.

My God has given mankind another blessing in this earthquake and nuclear disaster. It is the blessing to let go of our hate for one another, let go of our earthly attachments, and work together to build a better world.

He will keep giving us these blessings until we accept them.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I fear Japan is doomed,with all that is going on i do not think they can overcome this and more threats loom for them. I say if every country can lay down their petty squabbles and think as compassionate people we could evacuate Japan,think of every country sending in planes on a daily bases it can be done

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Japan is not a 3 km island , it`s not like japanese people suffer extinction . Even if it`s logical to leave , it`s their home , it`s hard to abandon your home and go to another country ( i know from experience) . Further more think about the consequences, sure , we find it "humane" now , but when the disaster begins to fade from memory , racism will start to show , hell look at the thread about taking advantage from the disaster , see how many stars the OP has .

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There are 127 million people in Japan covering 146,000 square miles, cannot move that amount anywhere. Keep out zone is 12 mile radius or 452 sq miles per reactor site or 1357 sq miles for all 3 reactor sites (1357/146000=.009 of the land mass). No reason to move them. Reactors will just be capped and shielded. Releases are currently minimal, not great but no Chernobyl. Let's keep our coal-fired power plants running with the 300 years of coal supplies in the USA - just cleanup the output.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Listen dude, there are plenty of safe, undamaged, untouched places in Japan. Hokkaido is practically good as new at the moment.

Listen poor fool, Japan is an island which is already suffering under the strains of over population. What good is the land when it is irradiated? How will a population survive that is already at it's limits when it loses half it's land?

Stop acting like a blind man who cannot see the obvious.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I can usually agree with you brother but not this time. They have been there for Centuries. It is in their blood and God Bless them For it. This is nothing like their ancestors went through when we murdered several hundred thousand men women and children in two cities in two days. You don't see pictures of them crying over material loss. They are not material and individualistic. They are collective. They mean as much to each other and are as bonded to one another as much as they are bonded to their land. Many farmers in the US would rather be shot shot and buried on their land than leave it. That has nothig to do with their faith. They will rebuild it. Their lives and culture are formed by that land. They write Haikus to cherry blossoms, they make paper walls and doors from their rice patties. They spend half a year to make a sword formed from the iron ore of the ground. They eat fish daily from the waters that make their shores. They are creative, respectful, honorable, dutiful peopleswho have many Christlike characteristics that come from way before Christianity ever hit their shores. And now I must Chastise you....HOW dare You use inappropriate scripture against them!? You wanna use scripure go use the one that says go pray in your closet for them and not let youre left hand know what the right is doing as it rights out a fat pentitent check to aid them from www.shelterbox.com or some other useful charity for them. It is times like these that some blowhard goes and starts spouting of scripture claiming they are Christian making the love and Work of Christ look tarnished and short sighted and selfish. But that isn't Christianity that's you and no wonder as your ground is solid under your feet and your keyboard is warm and dry you blaspemously refer to you thru your vicarious avatar as God God or maybe I am God. Turn of your screen and go sit in the corner facing it and pray to God and not yourself god, Iam Iam, that for by the grace of the God the Japanese suffer and you aren't!!! And in haiku form. And for the next month do some cultural homework by reading nothing but Japanese info texts paintings and try to work on your ethnocentricity. Shame

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by PoorFool

Listen poor fool, Japan is an island which is already suffering under the strains of over population. What good is the land when it is irradiated? How will a population survive that is already at it's limits when it loses half it's land?

Stop acting like a blind man who cannot see the obvious.

One can't just give up like that. I know for sure that the Japanese would rather go down with the ship than to leave while there's still hope. The situation isn't as bad as you think it is. Or I could just be in denial.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Find a booming economy that can absorb 127 million people while not negatively impacting the citizens of that country(s), then we can discuss relocation. I'm all for moving those in danger to safety; however, I would not implement such actions if it will only create a crisis elsewhere.

my 2-cents

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join