It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Gaddafi is telling the truth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
reply to post by Albastion

Just curious, but how does a poster prove anything?
Who prints those posters and makes those old flags? Where does the funding to organize a massive protest come from? Who fired the first shots? You know the last conflict in Lybia we were involved in turned out to be a nasty little Mossad game and we bombed them over it.
www.google.com...
And just out of morbid curiosity, what do you think the US government would do to an armed uprising?
edit on 14-3-2011 by twitchy because: I had Holes in my Doughnuts

Protest wasn't organized, it was grass-roots, so it didn't take money. Who funded the Egyptian protests? How about the Tunisian protests?

Who prints the flags and posters? Are you saying there are no printers in the country of Libya, home or commercial?

Your Google link just leads to speculative links, some of which claim that Qaddafi himself is CIA.

I guess if I make a good point and you can't provide any specific evidence as a counter-example, the logical next step would be just to cast any sort of doubt upon what I'm writing that you can.

Nobody can "prove" to me that the world is round, but I believe it because the evidence says so. You can send me vague links to Google that indicate that the world might be flat, but the quality of your sources would be pretty low.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Why would people arm themselves and rebel against the US in the first place? You want me to answer "they would get killed," but the fact of the matter is that the situation is more complex than that. The great thing about the United States is that we get to discuss issues among one another and get government representation, to the point which it is unnecessary to get guns and start actually fighting the government. They don't get that in Libya. Instead, they get shot in the face by snipers.

By the way, the Libyan protests started off peaceful, just like the Egyptian protests as well.

The difference between Egypt and Libya is that the Egyptian army refused to fight their own brothers, sons, daughters, and friends.

Qaddafi is using mercenaries...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albastion
Protest wasn't organized

Oh.
They all just woke up one morning and decided to beat street and had posters and flags in their pockets? The poster fairy was very busy in Tripoli then, and I don't know any printers who work for free.
As to my 'sources', I didn't provide any. I linked to google so people could read for themselves rather than listening to one sided poli-garble from biased partisans.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Sometimes people choose to take a stand for themselves and just do the right thing. My family was involved in commercial printing for about 10 years. It isn't that hard for me to believe that someone would print things for free out of patriotism.

Who organized the protests in Egypt?

Who organized the protests in Tunisia?

www.google.com...

Grass roots.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

If that's what you like to believe than that's great, if that's what you want to preach, then preach it, but don't expect a bobble head congregation at ATS to accept your gospel in the form of condescentions. We've been screwing around regime changing and exploiting over there since Barbary and not everyone here swallows main stream media. Unorganized mass protest? That's delusional.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Quoting from your signature

The Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility Or Liability, nor makes any Warranty or Guarantee of the Accuracy, or Validity of material Presented in this Post. Material Contained or Refered To in this Post is presented by Twitchy as Literary Material Only and is for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Read, Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or otherwise Factual Information.

You trollin?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

reply to post by twitchy

Quoting from your signature

The Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility Or Liability, nor makes any Warranty or Guarantee of the Accuracy, or Validity of material Presented in this Post. Material Contained or Refered To in this Post is presented by Twitchy as Literary Material Only and is for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Read, Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or otherwise Factual Information.

You trollin?

I won't let you spread your propaganda and LIE about the nature of these protests.

No, trolling is posting crap like that in order to elicit emotional responses, at least in my own definition of the word, and of course to point out the utter delusional nature of what you call an unorganized protest and to point the other members in a direction by which they can research the crap Mossad pulled back in the 80's to dupe us into a military strike there during the Reagan Administration. I'm not trolling, I'm calling you out.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
the media is demonizing him that means he is not as bad as they say, they like to call their enemies evil but it's the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Here's something for your pipe...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
"There are now only 5 nations on the world left without a Rothschild controlled central bank: Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; and Libya."

You know what else these nations happen to have in common? That's right, they are all terrible, evil, rotten, dictator run nations that must be stopped at all costs (trillions).
edit on 14-3-2011 by twitchy because: My Hat Fell Off

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You can believe Qaddafi is telling the truth about the protesters are being backed by Al-Qaeda. You can deny that people can organize themselves via social networking programs... ever heard of Facebook or Twitter?

You accuse me of "one-sided poli-garble"... but I am very clear about what I believe and I provide concrete evidence to substantiate my thoughts. Who is guilty of poli-garble?

I'm not doubting that Qaddafi has skills as a leader. He clearly is an excellent tactician, and he has some great public works projects under his belt. That's great. But he's also guilty of some horrible crimes against his own people who just wanted reform. He has lost his political authority among his own people, who don't want him to rule anymore. He has lost his moral authority among the rest of the world, even among the League of Arab states who unanimously support a no-fly-zone. He is guilty of serious crimes and he is trying to cover it up by lying to anyone who will listen.

I am straightforward with my beliefs: I believe Qaddafi is lying and trying to justify his slaughter to anyone who will listen. I believe that the protesters are real people who want reform in their government. I believe there is ample evidence to show any concerned parties that Qaddafi is guilty of some serious crimes against his own people. I want a no-fly-zone but no other military intervention beyond knocking Qaddafi's planes out of the sky! You are vague, you keep changing topics and bringing up convoluted issues that are impossible to research, and you don't say anything outright. And you say you are calling me out!? Calling me out for what?

Here's why I asked if you're trolling. You don't contribute to the discussion with anything concrete. You also are hypocritical: you say I'm being condescending, while at the same time you call my point of view delusional. I have offered perfectly rational explanations to back up everything I'm saying; you just make vague references to Mossad and the 1980's while saying that I am the one who is guilty of "one-sided poli-garble". You are clearly not neutral.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Here's something for your pipe...

"There are now only 5 nations on the world left without a Rothschild controlled central bank: Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; and Libya."

You know what else these nations happen to have in common? That's right, they are all terrible, evil, rotten, dictator run nations that must be stopped at all costs (trillions).

I'm not well versed on conspiracies on international finance and it is something I will look into... I was strongly against both bailouts, and I really hate how much influence the oil companies have on our lives.

I'm not one of the bad guys, so don't act like you're calling me out: I'm just a person who has an opinion. I have a big concern for human rights. If it turns out that international banking conglomerates are violating our rights, I'll be right next to you calling them out on it.

I'm going to sleep now, but all I want is for the Libyan people to have a representative government. I want them to get it without having their sovereignty threatened. I believe that peace and prosperity there is good for all of us, and turmoil there is good for nobody. Good night.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Albastion because: my snake bit me

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I want a no-fly-zone but no other military intervention

Well good luck with that. You're Lybian?
If not you're getting all worked up about people you don't know that live literally 6790 some odd miles away from you in an entirely different culture and accusing other people here of lies and propaganda because they question a VERY dubious western media take on political events that have about as much relevance in your life as the fly that just flew past my window. You want to bang the war drums and enforce a no fly zone because you saw the protests on television? What if we were the little guy and Russia had seen the staged florida 2000 election riots and decided to enforce a no fly zone here because Bush was dictator. I'm not calling you a bad guy, I'm calling you a partisan and I have a really hard time watching you accuse other members of lies and propaganda when Lybia has been at the center of western wrong doings since the 1700's. The crusades continue Albastion.

The last time Muammar Gaddafi was out to kill us all it turned out to be a bunch of Mossad's crap, and we bombed the crap out of them over it killing his daughter if I'm not mistaken. He might be the devil incarnate, he might be the anti-christ, he might be out to steal babies and make your cereal soggy, but aside from what you've taken from corporate sponsored news, what the hell do you really know about Muammar Gaddafi or Lybia? I don't know anything about the man, but I'm not going to support military intervention based on our media's lying arses AGAIN when there's kids downtown here that need food in their bellies and a roof over their head and for the cost of one Nuclear Air Craft Carrier, we could send every high school student in this country through a four year university. But no, let's police the world instead.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I don't have to be Libyan to care about the people getting killed there. There is nothing wrong with wanting something to be done about a humanitarian crisis. I'm glad we are over in Japan helping people, just like I'm glad we are outside of Libya helping people. If we can knock some planes out of the sky to give the people on the ground over there a fighting chance so they can get a fair government, then that is a good thing, and that's where I stand on the issue.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What if we were the little guy and Russia had seen the staged florida 2000 election riots and decided to enforce a no fly zone here because Bush was dictator.

Not even a close comparison. People weren't getting shot in America while protesting after weeks and weeks of carnage with the Bush/Florida thing. There wasn't an all-out civil war, with civilians getting hit by airstrikes, with no way of fighting back.

If our own government started bombing its citizens with impunity I would hope that Russia would take those birds out of the sky, while respecting our sovereignty and right to self determination. That is what we are talking about here.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If gadaffi was right then why massacre his own people why give them a reason to hate him why risk his armies and air force mutiny? Gaddafi has been manipulative his whole life he was just fortunate to be in a position of power to extend that manipulative streak, and quite frankly i can't believe you guys are lapping up his BS. -.-

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Good find!! I certainly did not know that.

The last time Muammar Gaddafi was out to kill us all it turned out to be a bunch of Mossad's crap, and we bombed the crap out of them over it killing his daughter if I'm not mistaken. He might be the devil incarnate, he might be the anti-christ, he might be out to steal babies and make your cereal soggy, but aside from what you've taken from corporate sponsored news, what the hell do you really know about Muammar Gaddafi or Lybia? I don't know anything about the man, but I'm not going to support military intervention based on our media's lying arses AGAIN when there's kids downtown here that need food in their bellies and a roof over their head and for the cost of one Nuclear Air Craft Carrier, we could send every high school student in this country through a four year university. But no, let's police the world instead.

thanks for your imput. I agree completely.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Thurisaz because: insert

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

What if he's not?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ok to be honest,i can't be as~ed to retype what i have alreadly explained many times.

so i just post the links to my findings about the truth of this libya situation,also some great posts of other ATS members....so before people like Albastion say things like go educate yourself...we could say the same my friend

Please educate yourself

Do yourself a favor..and move away from the MSM new source,that are owned run and control by these private banking cartels,they are not reliable news sources.

I do my own research,and come to my own conclusions,not what i'm spoon fed to be the truth by the main-steam media,that you keep repeating from in this thread.

concrete evidence

you haven't provided any concrete evidence what so ever ?

all you have done is re-spew what you been told is the truth by the media new source you watch.

the whole rebel uprising (Rolls eyes) is a MI6/CIA creation.

the corparate megalomaniac warmongering scumbag private bankers are the real terrorist here..

Conservatives Echo Qaddafi, Insist Al Qaeda Is Behind Libyan Rebel Uprising

– AFA’s Bryan Fischer: “Al Qaeda is behind the rebellion in Libya. So this no-fly zone is in fact helping the Muslims who killed 3000 Americans on 9/11. But helping our sworn enemies, especially if they are Muslims, does not seem to be a bother to Obama.” [03/22/11]

– Hateblogger Pam Geller, writing at Andrew Breitbart’s BigGovernment: “And now [President Obama] is essentially backing Al-Qaeda in Libya. Al-Qaeda has already established an Islamic emirate in eastern Libya, and is playing a leading role in the revolt against Gaddafi. The Libyan Islamist Fighting Group is also involved.” [03/21/11]

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

source

The NCLO web site (Arabic) carries a document (Arabic; Google Cache; legible in automatic translation) dated February 15th (the day the protests began), which clearly spells out NCLO's objections to Qaddafi's rule. The main points of "Qaddafi: Islam's no.

1 enemy" are as follows:
Qaddafi has closed an Islamic university and a seminary, has forbidden some Islamist publications, and has thrown thousands of Islamist activists into jail.
Qaddafi has urged to put the Qur'an on the shelf, as no longer appropriate for this age. Qaddafi has made fun of the Islamic veil, calling it a "rag" and a "tent".
Qaddafi has dared to say that Christians and Jews should be allowed to visit Mecca.
Qaddafi has rejected the Hadith and Sunnah, and said he follows the Qur'an alone.

The leaked State Department memos describe Eastern Libya (2008) as an area of fervent Islamic sentiment, where "a number of Libyans who had fought and in some cases undergone 'religious and ideological training' in Afghanistan, Lebanon and the West Bank in the late 1970's and early 1980's had returned [...] in the mid to late 1980's". There they engaged into "a deliberate, coordinated campaign to propagate more conservative iterations of Islam, in part to prepare the ground for the eventual overthrow by the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) of Muammar Qadhafi's regime, which is 'hated' by conservative Islamists". While Qaddafi's position was perceived to be strong, the East Libyans sent jihadis to Iraq, where "fighting against U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq represented a way for frustrated young radicals to strike a blow against both Qadhafi and against his perceived American backers".

More Infomation You May Find Intresting To Note

EDIT:
so as i've clearly shown you,the eastern part of libya were the uprising started,has been over run by fundamentalists in recent years...and in gaddafi attempt to modernize his country,(which in fact are the doings of his well educated sons and daughters who have turn libya around into a strong economy) and put a end to the barbaric ways of these fundamentalists groups and organisations that seemed to sprung up over night.

coupled with the fact you have over 250,000 libyans women and children on the borders starving while few UN look on...and who by the way,say they left because the west is bombing them..NOT gaddafi...but all the while the rebels set up a central rothschilds bank..and get large loans to fund there war effort..to kill more libyans,and blow up there country...that some humanitarian mission your supporting there...

like iv'e said ..do your own research and your be surprised/shocked/disgusted by the truth....the western populus live in a television illusion.

edit on 15-4-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
ok to be honest,i can't be as~ed to retype what i have alreadly explained many times.

so i just post the links to my findings about the truth of this libya situation,also some great posts of other ATS members....so before people like Albastion say things like go educate yourself...we could say the same my friend

Please educate yourself

Do yourself a favor..and move away from the MSM new source,that are owned run and control by these private banking cartels,they are not reliable news sources.

I do my own research,and come to my own conclusions,not what i'm spoon fed to be the truth by the main-steam media,that you keep repeating from in this thread.

concrete evidence

you haven't provided any concrete evidence what so ever ?

all you have done is re-spew what you been told is the truth by the media new source you watch.

the whole rebel uprising (Rolls eyes) is a MI6/CIA creation.

the corparate megalomaniac warmongering scumbag private bankers are the real terrorist here..

Conservatives Echo Qaddafi, Insist Al Qaeda Is Behind Libyan Rebel Uprising

– AFA’s Bryan Fischer: “Al Qaeda is behind the rebellion in Libya. So this no-fly zone is in fact helping the Muslims who killed 3000 Americans on 9/11. But helping our sworn enemies, especially if they are Muslims, does not seem to be a bother to Obama.” [03/22/11]

– Hateblogger Pam Geller, writing at Andrew Breitbart’s BigGovernment: “And now [President Obama] is essentially backing Al-Qaeda in Libya. Al-Qaeda has already established an Islamic emirate in eastern Libya, and is playing a leading role in the revolt against Gaddafi. The Libyan Islamist Fighting Group is also involved.” [03/21/11]

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

source

The NCLO web site (Arabic) carries a document (Arabic; Google Cache; legible in automatic translation) dated February 15th (the day the protests began), which clearly spells out NCLO's objections to Qaddafi's rule. The main points of "Qaddafi: Islam's no.

1 enemy" are as follows:
Qaddafi has closed an Islamic university and a seminary, has forbidden some Islamist publications, and has thrown thousands of Islamist activists into jail.
Qaddafi has urged to put the Qur'an on the shelf, as no longer appropriate for this age. Qaddafi has made fun of the Islamic veil, calling it a "rag" and a "tent".
Qaddafi has dared to say that Christians and Jews should be allowed to visit Mecca.
Qaddafi has rejected the Hadith and Sunnah, and said he follows the Qur'an alone.

The leaked State Department memos describe Eastern Libya (2008) as an area of fervent Islamic sentiment, where "a number of Libyans who had fought and in some cases undergone 'religious and ideological training' in Afghanistan, Lebanon and the West Bank in the late 1970's and early 1980's had returned [...] in the mid to late 1980's". There they engaged into "a deliberate, coordinated campaign to propagate more conservative iterations of Islam, in part to prepare the ground for the eventual overthrow by the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) of Muammar Qadhafi's regime, which is 'hated' by conservative Islamists". While Qaddafi's position was perceived to be strong, the East Libyans sent jihadis to Iraq, where "fighting against U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq represented a way for frustrated young radicals to strike a blow against both Qadhafi and against his perceived American backers".

More Infomation You May Find Intresting To Note

Awesome post
Im glad people actually do this kind of research

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
In light of the many hundreds of hours of research I have done on muammar qadhafi and on the current and past situations in Libya as well as on al-Qaeda both online and offline I have com to believe muammar qadhafi was telling the truth in that speech that he made that was broadcast live on state television, that blamed al-Qaeda for the uprising in Libya.
I believe there is an alliance between NATO and al-Qaeda, and that al-Qaeda was just following orders because they (NATO and the UN) wont muammar qadhafi out because he is a thorn in the cede of democracy ( which is just a way to control the peoples, who think they have a say in what there country does but don’t.)he has a form of government that is better than democracy his form of government is called Islamic socialism(it is Islamic because it is baste on the Koran). If even 25 percent of the Libyan people wanted muammar qadhafi out he would be out with in 2 weeks. (rather than the less than 2 percent it was when all this started) because of the way he has the up his form of government, Anyone can raze an issue in there weekly local basic peoples congress in Libya and there representative 1 day later will go be for all of they other hundreds of representatives (who the people have chosen previously
to represent them and put there mater for would before rest of the country’s representatives, also all every day people get a chance to be a representative, the people choose a different representative every week, and they all agree on there chose unlike democracy were you get a chose of # or poo and if 49 percent of the people don’t like it as is the case with democracy too bad.) from across Libya which if the rest of the country people representatives agrees on gets past by muammar qadhafi, and if the people wont it and muammar does not he haze know chose, so there for the people control Libya not money or government unlike democracy were it is gust a celect few who control the country.

LONG LIVE MUAMMAR QADHAFI and my he stay just and true, and may his vision of a UNITED STATES OF AFRICA ONE DAY COM TRUE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join