It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA won't return to the Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have seen aliens here on earth so I don't think it is impossible for them to be living on the moon.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
they already have the being that they were looking for so now they have the knowledge that they needed from the moon. although they are not lookin at the moon anymore doesnt mean that they are not planning to go to another place. And yes they are planning to go elsewhere, too bad we wont be able to find out where and it will be a long while till they let us know, they need to work on their crafts.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not only are they within the Moon same goes for Mars so on so forth blah blah blah

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I dont get it, we are going back to the moon, as we speak the USA is preparing for a return, Japan were going too but I imagine they may have just had a setback which will affect their budget (or it might speed up the necessity for Japan to move somewhere else).

As far as Apollo, it acheived as much as it could, it was unsustainable, did you see the size of those rockets to push such a small ship into space, need to rethink to make it more sustainable or else cripple tha nation with a debt which landing on the moon wouldnt repay.

As far as a base up their, well if thats the vision,

1. Go there and do some experiments on rocks and atmoshpere (and neighbourhood). (DONE)
2. Develop autonomous building techniquest / robots (ONGOING)
3. Develop more economic travel (ONGOING)
4. Send out UGVs to terraform and build.(4 July / September 11, 2021)
5. Send out first inhabitants. (4 July / September 11, 2022)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Are they actually going to terraform the moon????? I thought the term terraform came up when they discussed about Mars. Mars is the planet that has about the same rotation as earth, some atmosphere and oxygen and ice.
It does not make sense to terraform the moon instead of Mars.

Originally posted by MisterBurns
I dont get it, we are going back to the moon, as we speak the USA is preparing for a return, Japan were going too but I imagine they may have just had a setback which will affect their budget (or it might speed up the necessity for Japan to move somewhere else).

As far as Apollo, it acheived as much as it could, it was unsustainable, did you see the size of those rockets to push such a small ship into space, need to rethink to make it more sustainable or else cripple tha nation with a debt which landing on the moon wouldnt repay.

As far as a base up their, well if thats the vision,

1. Go there and do some experiments on rocks and atmoshpere (and neighbourhood). (DONE)
2. Develop autonomous building techniquest / robots (ONGOING)
3. Develop more economic travel (ONGOING)
4. Send out UGVs to terraform and build.(4 July / September 11, 2021)
5. Send out first inhabitants. (4 July / September 11, 2022)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't think they will terraform it. Perhaps they may build military facilities for extraterrestrial craft research or simply missile or death laser stations. If a major disaster occurs lie a major meteor impact or a rogue planet or dead star crashing into the planet it would be pretty niffty to have important people to abandon ship. They should convert the moon into a giant hollow space station or moon ship. That would rock.

The only reason for humans returning to the moon is to establish a military facility.
edit on 15-3-2011 by michaelknives52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded

Originally posted by DomCheetham

If the moon is so freaking interesting to you, then go to college.

I know you should.

you are hopeless

I'm not going to get into an argument with someone so stupid.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
says the person who probably buys every single conspiracy theory and snake oil thrown at him

I know you should.

you are hopeless

edit on 15-3-2011 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

says the person who thinks we cant get astronaut out to space

I know you should.

you are hopeless

Would you mind telling me when i said that please.
edit on 15-3-2011 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I cant thats why I fixed my response above. But you did imply that aliens warned us off the moon as the reason why we haven't gone back to it

says the person who thinks we cant get astronaut out to space

I know you should.

you are hopeless

Would you mind telling me when i said that please.
edit on 15-3-2011 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelknives52

yo they been mining on the moon for years!! before the buzz and the crew arrived.

not just humans too.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Pretty sure I read and heard for a number of years that the Moon would be used with a kind of base on it for easier travel to Mars (ie fly from Earth to Moon, fill up on supplies then head off for the red planet) instead of spending 9 months from Earth to Mars and then 9 months back.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The political, financial and scientific reasons for not going back to the moon at this point in time FAR outweigh any silly and ignorant conspiracy theory. How people can not understand this yet have an opinion is beyond my ability to understand. The ignorance of reality and current technology displayed in threads like this is a constant reminder of how stupid conspiracy theories get legs and continue walking for decades.

Political: No politician can hope to get elected in these trying times by telling the taxpayers that he/she wants to spend their money to go back to the moon, and there would be no ROI (return on investment).

Financially: The cost of going to the moon does not currently make fiscal sense. There are no resources there that we are currently able to process and make use of. So it would be like throwing money into a waste bucket. Going to the moon can be done. No big deal. But until there is money to made by doing it you can expect the financial folks to not be bothered.

Scientific: While there might be resources on the moon that could provide a return on investment, we currently do not have the technology (or are anywhere close) to having the equipment to make use of it. More time and energy needs to be spent here on Earth developing the reliable tech needed to make those resources profitable before wasting the time and money to just go there and look around. We can do what we need at this time remotely, no need for manned missions. When we have the technology developed to make use of the moon's resources, then manned missions can begin, and the political+financial reasons will work themselves out obviously.

It's simple, and not hard to understand. No silly and ignorant conspiracy theory needed. I know my explanation is not very exciting, but reality is what it is.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Because of the weight genius, for example for GAMA and XRAYS you need LEAD to shield yourself and as everyone knows LEAD is pretty heavy, imagine if a suit used at Cernobil had the weight of 30-40 KG how much whould a shuttle weigh ...

First of all, the Van Allen Belts consist of alpha and beta particles, not gamma and X-rays. This particle radiation is relatively easy to shield; a couple of millimeters of aluminum will reduce it to tolerable levels. Lead is not a very good means of shielding against gamma and x-ray because its dense nucleus leads to a secondary radiation called "bremsstrahlung." This is one reason why spent nuclear fuel is kept under water. The astronauts did run the risk of increased exposure to solar flares and cosmic rays, but, short answer, they got lucky.
edit on 16-3-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct typo.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I watched the "In the shadow of the moon" doc just yesterday and all I can say it's very recommendable. All of the astronauts shown got to a high age (and still alive^^) so it seems the radiation levels didn't do any harm to them... (btw. to the ones who also watched the doc why didn't they include Neil Armstrong???)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I'm glad that someone said some of what i was going to say.

Besides, only the crew compartments would only have to be shielded, and not the the whole craft.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
hey they found money to support a new war... they can find money to go to the moon

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

We have been to the moon 6 times (I believe)

The twelve who landed on the Moon were:

Apollo 11 July 20, 1969:
Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin

Apollo 12 November 19-20, 1969:
Pete Conrad & Alan Bean

Apollo 14 February 5-6, 1971:
Alan Shepard & Edgar Mitchell

Apollo 15 July 31–August 2, 1971:
David Scott & James Irwin

Apollo 16 April 21-23, 1972:
John W. Young & Charles Duke

Apollo 17 December 11-14, 1972:
Eugene Cernan & Harrison Schmitt

However, why go back to the moon, it is expensive to get there and it is just a big rock, nothing there... unless the story of ruins/aliens on the moon are true, in which case the return visits then make a whole lotta sense.

Whether the President knows anything about the truth about the Moon, Mars, UFO's, etc is probably unlikely, a need to know basis and he does not need to know! I think it is reasonable to suggest that there is a government within the government that guard these secrets, however the budget comes from the mainstream government, so there is a level of "unknown" control. it is all cloaks and daggers! Why can't the public be trusted and finally have governments that are transparent and can be trusted.

There is more going on with regards to the Moon, however, we will never know the truth until commercial spacecraft gets there, until then the official lines will always seek to mislead and hide the truth.
edit on 17/4/11 by pst007x because: add additional stuff

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join