It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens Help Build The Great Pyramids

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here is a decent article on how to build a pyramid....

unmuseum.mus.pa.us...

There are hundreds more like this. Just search a bit, you'll find 'em.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by aukaiman8000
Aliens obviously helped.

Read somewhere that the pyrimids were actualy built BEFORE man.

It's only obvious to those that are willing to look past real evidence.

How about you read the hundreds of articles and essays by experienced researchers and archaeologists before insisting the Pyramids were built before man. Silliest thing I've ever heard.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by el cid
.....those blocks weighed a ton

How many men can pull a ton? Do you know? Do you figure more than 1,000 men could pull a ton in an hour? How about a day? Now consider a slave labor force of 100,000 men. Not including children, women and the elderly.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte

Originally posted by el cid
.....those blocks weighed a ton

How many men can pull a ton? Do you know? Do you figure more than 1,000 men could pull a ton in an hour? How about a day? Now consider a slave labor force of 100,000 men. Not including children, women and the elderly.

In the other post you stated fitst to "read the hundreds of articles and essays by experienced researchers and archaeologists", and you making the same mistake by saying that there was a slave labor.

Recent documantaries(?) showed that several findings shows that there(they) weren't slaves at all.

[edit on 20/7/04 by Vault]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
To be honest - i believe that something else helped them build the pyramids, and i have done my research and have come across quite a few things pointing to the theory that aliens or whatever may have helped.

For all those who have trouble believing or taking the chance to consider- may want to pop down to their local library and pick up a copy of the Atlantis Enigma. Its an amazing book, it opened my mind to more theories.

Im not saying that it is all true, and Im certianly not overlooking the number of archelogical digs( i am incredibly interested in history) but man does not know everything , take stone henge, how did they get stones from Wales to salsbury?( i think thats where they are now)??

Somethings we may never know, and theories will just fly around...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vault
In the other post you stated fitst to "read the hundreds of articles and essays by experienced researchers and archaeologists", and you making the same mistake by saying that there was a slave labor.

Recent documantaries(?) showed that several findings shows that there(they) weren't slaves at all.

I never said that the Great Pyramids were primarily built by slaves. I simply said slave labor was used. I'm quite aware of current essays and studies by researchers that claim to disprove slavery was used to build the Great Pyramids. The use of slaves has not been disproven though. It's simply been proven that a workforce of 60,000 men could have "easily" built the Pyramids and that many were hired workers. Most researchers who claim to disprove the use of slavery are looking to de-villainize ancient Egypt. You might want to read my posts a bit closer next time. I suggested that the poster below "read the hundreds of articles and essays by experienced researchers and archaeologists" after reading his following statement:

Aliens obviously helped.

Wouldn't you agree this poster should be encouraged to read articles and essays created by true researchers and not New Age UFOlogists?

[edit on 7/20/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by misspickle
take stone henge, how did they get stones from Wales to salsbury?( i think thats where they are now)??

A dozen workers, a series of ropes, pulleys and logs?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
quote]
A dozen workers, a series of ropes, pulleys and logs?

umm... i dont think so- very far distance for people to be pulling stones!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Once they were almost finished, and needed to place the highest stones in place (apex), HOW DID THEY DO THIS??!!

We are talking 20 stories and more, how can you possibly lift a stone up to this height????

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I too have done my research...20 some odd years of it! Did aliens help? I don't know, but I do not think man did it entirely alone.
falundafa-newengland.org...
www.nmia.com...
www.csicop.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I visited egypt 4 years ago and i gotta say the first thing that i thought when i saw the great pyramid was "bollocks if man built this". The structure is so immense and detailed it really is like not from this planet. I was in the army when i visited and all the guys from my platoon where speechless when we pulled up in the coach and believe me it would have to have been somethin out of this world to shut these guys up. You just stand there in awe at its beauty and size its an experience believe me.

Thank the aliens for the pyramids.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I never said that the Great Pyramids were primarily built by slaves. I simply said slave labor was used. I'm quite aware of current essays and studies by researchers that claim to disprove slavery was used to build the Great Pyramids. The use of slaves has not been disproven though. It's simply been proven that a workforce of 60,000 men could have "easily" built the Pyramids and that many were hired workers. Most researchers who claim to disprove the use of slavery are looking to de-villainize ancient Egypt. You might want to read my posts a bit closer next time. I suggested that the poster below "read the hundreds of articles and essays by experienced researchers and archaeologists" after reading his following statement:

Aliens obviously helped.

Wouldn't you agree this poster should be encouraged to read articles and essays created by true researchers and not New Age UFOlogists?

[edit on 7/20/2004 by Sinobyte]

"obviously" is maybe a little overstated, and i was wrong in saying you "said" there was a slave labor, but i find it very hard to think that slaves built them since it must have been one hell of a job. And beeing a slave doesn't really add up to your percistance faculty(don't laugh i used babylon)

Another thing is that i find it hard to think that the pyramids where build by humans as we currently know them. i believe they where build both by humans and by aliens, but then a whole while ago, when humans were a little different then the humans we are now.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by misspickle
umm... i dont think so- very far distance for people to be pulling stones!!!

It's not possible?

You know, it's a shame that UFO/Alien believers feel the need to denigrate the immense accomplishments of ancient man simply to bolster their rabid and often times unfounded belief in some type of alien benefactors.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Another thing is that i find it hard to think that the pyramids where build by humans as we currently know them. i believe they where build both by humans and by aliens, but then a whole while ago, when humans were a little different then the humans we are now.

Once again more denigration of ancient mans accomplishments.

"It couldn't of been ancient man because they were so weak and stupid...no, no it must have been SUPER ancient men who got help from Aliens!"

Do you base this theory on your own physical and mental limitations or on research?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

"It couldn't of been ancient man because they were so weak and stupid...no, no it must have been SUPER ancient men who got help from Aliens!"

Do you base this theory on your own physical and mental limitations or on research?

I don't think that most people who believe man couldn't of done it by himself believe that because they think man is "so weak and stupid"
I think it is because the pyramids are so massive, precise and would be hard to duplicate today.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The average temperature of Egypt equals the average temperature of earth = avg. temperature of Queen's Chamber = 68 degrees Fahrenheit. With the original surrounding courtyards and temples in place, the pyramid was used as a sundial.

The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was probably exactly aligned at one time.

The Great Pyramid is located at the center of the land mass of the earth. The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the earth, one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid.

The curvature designed into the faces of the pyramid exactly matches the radius of the earth.

The average height of land above sea level for the earth is 5449 inches. This is also the height of the pyramid.

North Star Pointer:

The Descending Passage pointed to the pole star Alpha Draconis, circa 2170-2144 B.C. This was the North Star at that point in time. No other star has aligned with the passage since then.

The 344 ft. length of the Descending Passage provides an angle of view of only +/- 1/3 of a degree. Alpha Draconis has not been in alignment for thousands of years. The next alignment will be with the North Star, Polaris, in about 2004 A.D.

Polaris in Greek means Satan.

this is all from www.crystalinks.com..., dont know if its true but if it is it would suggest some alien help OR that there was an ADVANCED HUMAN civilization that no longer exists.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Truly, i was hoping for a nice discussion, but unfortunately that is not what happened. I have never stated or pointed that our ancients are not capable of achieving things which lookst extraordinary to us plus i really do think our ancients have much more understanding of things than we do. Whether they got it from aliens or not im not saying but THINKING and BELIEVING.

Please do not make false statements if you only think that i believe that aliens roamed at the time of our ancients, and that they gave all their knowledge to them and that the aliens made everything we see today.

or is it not possible to believe in aliens, and in ancient "accomplishments"??

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The exact number of stones was orginally estimated at 2,300,000 stone blocks weighing from 2-30 tons each with some weighing as much as 70 tons. Computer calculations indicate 590,712 stone blocks were used in its construction. It area covers 13.6 acres with each side greater than 5 acres in area.

Source

MOD EDIT: Gave credit where credit was due.

[edit on 7/2/07/02 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I don't think that most people who believe man couldn't of done it by himself believe that because they think man is "so weak and stupid"
I think it is because the pyramids are so massive, precise and would be hard to duplicate today.

Pyramids are so massive, precise and hard to duplicate...MEANING...ancient man would not have the intelligence to be precise or the strength and manpower to move massive amounts of weight. THEREFORE...most people, without coming out and saying it, are making the assumption that ancient man was "weak and stupid".

Simply because a feat or construction is hard to duplicate today does not mean it's impossible, which, it would stand to reason, would mean that it was not impossible back then either.

Instead of real research most people provide new age links or links to "researchers" not even closely qualified in archaeology or egyptology.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Pyramids are so massive, precise and hard to duplicate...MEANING...ancient man would not have the intelligence to be precise or the strength and manpower to move massive amounts of weight. THEREFORE...most people, without coming out and saying it, are making the assumption that ancient man was "weak and stupid".

Simply because a feat or construction is hard to duplicate today does not mean it's impossible, which, it would stand to reason, would mean that it was not impossible back then either.

Instead of real research most people provide new age links or links to "researchers" not even closely qualified in archaeology or egyptology.

i think the more people actually rather think that ancients were muche more advanced than us, thats also what i thought BEFORE i ever even thought of "weak and stupid" ancients

[edit on 20/7/04 by Vault]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join