It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
6.2 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 13 11:23am at epicenter (24m ago, 151km ESE of Iwaki, depth 25k… j.mp...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

From what I've heard, it's not the salt in the water that's bad, it's all the impurities in the seawater, and it will definitely start up again, but can never be used safely, so yes, it must be trashed.

its also the boron, which absorbs protons, if i remember correctly. Disrupts the reaction.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Thread for the Nuclear talks..

Nuclear emergency as Fukushima cooling system fails after Japan quake!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lot easier its only 3 pages so far

You all are cracking me up....that thread was started later, has less information, and is behind the information we have in here.

Are flags and stars really that important to people?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

# 0235: More than 200 bodies found at Higashimatsushima, police say - AFP. First time I've seen that placename mentioned.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
this is the thrrd 6. after shock recently are they not supposed to be going down in magnitude ? are these high 6. for shocks of another big one noone answerd that
6.2 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 13 11:23am at epicenter (24m ago, 151km ESE of Iwaki, depth 25k… j.mp...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sunday March 13 2011, 01:30:43 UTC 29 minutes ago off the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.2

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by blackcube

Wish the links you provided were in English. I was getting good feed yesterday on AlJazeera but now not much there on the quakes, etc.

I understand a little japanese AND I wouldn't follow to much english based news because by default they will be outdated. Its exactly what is happening when I watch the japaneses channels and later I read "breaking news" in english based news site.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Officials say death toll in #Japan may now exceed 2,000 huff.to...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
can anyone that uses GEE confirm that station II.ERM.00 went offline thanks trying to see if its just my end or for evryone thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

No but a mod did ask that we move the topic there... but carry on... seems there is little new stuff on quake and tsunami anyway

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
AP: Japanese government spokesman says partial meltdown is likely under way at second reactor

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

No but a mod did ask that we move the topic there... but carry on... seems there is little new stuff on quake and tsunami anyway

yes they did, and i respectfully declined. If it is truly that big of a deal i will move to the other thread, but its pretty silly in my mind.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i heard on NHK that the Japanese meteorological Agency bumped the quake up to a 9.0

www.livestation.com...

they repeated it 4 times, i wonder if the USGS will change it as well.

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
AP: Japanese government spokesman says partial meltdown is likely under way at second reactor

absolutely. Same as the first, when the levels got around that high. Honestly, Im expecting an explosion....

link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for that RS I get it now. Your answer is much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"Assuming meltdown occurred" at 1 reactor, chief Cabinet secy says #quake on.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Authorities presuming meltdowns may be under way at 2 other reactors #quake on.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
As this has become a rather large thread in short order. Let's try to keep sub-topics organized please for the benefit of those wishing to research multiple facets of this event. Discussions of nuclear dangers would be best served in the thread Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

Thank you for your cooperation.

Please discuss the earthquake and it's aftermath here.
As has been mentioned earlier, there are threads devoted to the nuclear reactor issues.

Some other threads about different aspects of the earthquake:

relief information

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
this is the thrrd 6. after shock recently are they not supposed to be going down in magnitude ? are these high 6. for shocks of another big one noone answerd that

This . . .

what is the deal with the 6.* aftershocks?

Good omen? Bad omen?

Anyone?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

THIS is awesome breaking news! Thanks for the update. S is HTF seriously now.

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join