It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

I've seen this weird California question mark thing a few times now but this time I got a screenshot...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

text 90999 to redcross and donate $10............i think

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hey guys read this! The supermoon didn't cause these quakes like I've seen some people suggest on this site heres a small article www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
Unconfirmed report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

* Radioactive contamination then released into the reactor vessel
* Radiation escapes into an outer, concrete containment building
* Radiation escapes into the environment.

Source:
modernsurvivalblog.com...

West Coast USA Danger IF Japan Nuclear Reactor Meltdown

"...Not only would such a disaster be horrible for the local region and Japan, but other countries, namely the U.S. would be effected next by airborne radiation particles, the magnitude of which is yet to be determined.

Why would the west coast USA be in danger?
The prevailing jet stream winds are blowing from Japan directly across the Pacific ocean to the west coast of the United States. Any airborne radiation would make its way across with the jet stream, reaching the U.S. in approximately 36 hours, depending on the actual speed of the jet..."

This is not getting any better.......

Time to pray HARD.

Sirric

Just to mention, the part about the concrete containment building is moot. I think thats the part that got fragged to kingdom come in the hydrogen explosion.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
FACT SHEET: Fukushima Nuclear Plant

- The earthquake has led to the shutdown of 11 of the Japan's 55 nuclear power plants, representing nearly 20% of the country's capacity. The Fukushima Daiichi unit is just one of five reactors severely imperiled by the earthquake.

- The Fukushima plant covers about 865 acres and it is built on solid bedrock.

- Opened in 1971 -- the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (No.1) would be marking its 40th anniversary on March 26.

- Some 40,000 people had evacuated from the areas around two Fukushima plants as of Saturday afternoon, according to reports.

- Authorities evacuated a 12.5 mile radius around the reactor, and told residents within 16.5 miles to remain indoors.

- Virtually any increase in ambient radiation can raise long-term cancer rates.

- A partial meltdown in one of the light water reactors at Three Mile Island in 1979 resulted in the release of radioactive gases in the most serious incident in the history of the U.S. nuclear power industry.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Chances of particles hitting Australia after hitting west coast of the US?

Where does the jet stream go after it hits west coast and moves down?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The thing about donating money is WILL THE PEOPLE ACTUALLY GET IT.

I hear most of the Katrina money is still sitting in a bank somewhere, same goes with the Haiti relief funds. I would donate in a heartbeat, but that is what is holding me from doing so.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Did the redcross or any other agency state that they where collection for Japan already? if not read the following. Because allot of people speak of donation when it's not even clear if they started a campagn to help Japan. So your money would not go directly to japan. In fact it's not sure what will happen with that money you already donated.

did-your-donation-really-reach-japan-probably-not

Also on a different topic,

I read this news article and they are saying that there is a connection between "global warming" hypocrites imo..

some-respond-to-japan-earthquake-by-pointing-to -global-warming/

edit on 12-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: fixed links

edit on 12-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

You know, there really is no need to report anything like that, a 2.3 hardly matters at any time, less so now. I'd say even if it is in North America nothing under magnitude 5 is worth reporting, it just junks up the thread, adds to hysteria and misleads the uneducated. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
With all the news on the coast of Japan sinking, have there been reports of any land masses rising up?

link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
The thing about donating money is WILL THE PEOPLE ACTUALLY GET IT.

I hear most of the Katrina money is still sitting in a bank somewhere, same goes with the Haiti relief funds. I would donate in a heartbeat, but that is what is holding me from doing so.

thats my problem as well,i've given money before but always worry it won't get to the people who need it,overheads & things like that,i heard about not all the haiti funds not all getting there.

link   
there does seem to be an influx of very small 2.0 or 3.0 earthquakes all over the world-
something very odd is going on, especially with the announcement that the earth's axis shifted a bit from the earthquake.

not fear mongering, or giving answers, just something all of us here should be kept aware of-

part of being on ats is sharing a community of like-minded people who can help prepare for an event in the immediate future where any of us may live-
keeping up with all the possible angles can be helping more out there than we think

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
Population list for the Cities & Towns which were along the direct impact-line of the Tsunami. Makes for some sobering viewing, and I expect the reduced figures of below 500 is just the MSM bracing the world for whats to come. Remember all these people had was 7 minutes, if that, to get to higher ground. Assuming they even heard warning of the impending Tsunami at all.

Shiogama 59,429
Natori 72,757
Kitaibaraki 47,455
Takahagi 33,624
Kashima 12,341
Iwaki 344,570
J-VILLAGE 8,230
Tomioka 54,132
Minamisoma 71,296
Sendai 1,031,704
Watari 35,132
Iwanuma 44,379
Tagajo 63,256
Scichigahama 20,803
Shiogama 59,429
Rifu 31,832

Adding that up by the way. It comes to a mind-staggering total of 1985369 people who were recorded back in 2010, all along that part of the Coast now completely gone.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
reply to post by Extralien

That is massive!!

I have not seen a comparison like that side by side...

Mother nature can be cruel.....

No...Mother nature is indifferent.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I've been asking myself that for years, how much money that we donate will actually go towards helping people in Japan, I think your money just goes to an organazation and then they decide how much to give to said country in trouble. dont know if thats true but thats how i feel, I'd say its 70-30 70% to the organazation 30% to the cause

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab5a5887d22c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0511518dea3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ee9147a24bf.jpg[/atsimg]

Authorities have said they were preparing to distribute iodine to people living near affected nuclear power plants.

Thousands undergo radioactive screening after explosion in building housing nuclear power station reactor

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
In an effort to separate the Earthquake posts from info about the nuclear reactor, please post your information on the reactors here from now on:

abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.
edit on Sat Mar 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Sorry mods a little off topic,but goes for a previous post....Anyways who knows where your money goes. One time my mother adopted one of those children you see on T.V to where they send you pics of the child you adopted and update you monthly on your childs progress, yeah well one time they sent a pic of a kid toatally different from the one they sent in the first place so ever since then I wonder where your donated money goes, makes me think if my mothers money even made it to that child

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hermes8

Not trying to get you out of here , but maybe you have a good topic for a separate thread there? what do you think?

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join