It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The parables of Jesus (Defined by ATS members...)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I found a few threads on this subject but they didn't get to the root of this issue.

Generally speaking Ats considers itself an "enlightened" community, so why don't we get some inturpretations from "we the people"...lol

Theres far to many to list them all, so if you have an explanation to one of the many parables this man spoke of...feel free to add your own......... but please give at least a general explanation from your own point fo view.

Don't just quote the bible with another quote....

www.rc.net... Link to the parables... Pick your own and post an explanation

The Hidden Treasure and the Pearl of Great Price

44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. 45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

This is speaking of the value of spirituality vs materialism...

The Lamp

14 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. 15 Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

If you understand the ways of God, and express love and careing in all you do in life, anyone can see it and its clear as day. Those that love are easily picked out of a crowd, they're the first to help anyone and give to whoever they can when ever they can. They are the light of the world.

TextThe Body's Lamp

22 "The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is sound, your whole body will be full of light; 23 but if your eye is not sound, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

Refering to your Third eye chakra...(pinal gland?) Also the value of meditation....

edit on 8-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Jesus' parables always remind me of the time my friend went on a pilgrimage to Israel.

On a tour the group he was with stopped by a house. The guide of the tour turned to the group and said "This is the house that the good Samaritan brought the poor, beaten traveller".

Someone mentioned in the group that the story of the good Samaritan was a parable. Instantly the guide returned "Yes, but this would have been the house, if it wasn't a parable". Priceless.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
everytime i read a parable of Jesus or a remark it makes perfect sense. it's unbelievable. so many thing's he said applied to me, and usually the bad ones. so atleast i have some understanding what's happening.

If anyone doubts He is the Messiah, read the new testament.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
everytime i read a parable of Jesus or a remark it makes perfect sense. it's unbelievable. so many thing's he said applied to me, and usually the bad ones. so atleast i have some understanding what's happening.

If anyone doubts He is the Messiah, read the new testament.

I have my doubts about the whole "Messiah" thing....i would definately agree he was a teacher and knew what God and Spirituality was about...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you have doubts try talking to Jesus himself. You might just be surprised with what you find.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
reply to post by Akragon

If you have doubts try talking to Jesus himself. You might just be surprised with what you find.

Lets not go there alright....

this is a serious discussion about understanding these texts...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Divided Realm

22 And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Be-el'zebul, and by the prince of demons he casts out the demons." 23 And he called them to him, and said to them in parables, "How can Satan cast out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. 26 And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end. 27 But no one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man; then indeed he may plunder his house.

This is a great one for debate...Its true that a house divided cannot stand, take our species for example. Divided more so then any other living thing on our planet.

This also brings the roll of Satan into debate, If Gods kingdom was once divided and still is according to religion... how does it still stand?

My arguement on this matter
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join