It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pareidolia? Or are these objects on Mars real? You decide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am sure many of you remeber the semi famous "Wrench" picture from mars.? It made the rounds a few years ago?. Well I have spent some time looking at this photo, and the "wrench" part, is just the tip of the iceberg in this strange picture. Lets take a look at some other interesting things in it. I have marked each of the objects with a number of 1-6.

Also if anyone is interested, I would love for anyone who has skills in photoshop(I only have basic paint program and no skills) Could take a closer look and maybe crop and post some better/cleaned up images. That would be cool. Ok lets have some fun.

Original Picture from NASA.gov marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Picture with objects marked.........

#1. This is the "Wrench" object that got me interested in this picture. There was a huge thread www.abovetopsecret.com... on it here at ATS in 2009. I do not think this is a wrench, its just very interesting, and like everything else we see in this picture, it could just be rocks.

#2 This was one of the first objects other then the wrench, to really stand out to me. Now here is where some of you will ROTFLOL, and thats fine with me. Chalk it up to a bad case of pareidolia. This thread is just about having some fun. To me it looks like a predator(movie) type space suit, complete with left arm, that has had its lower body cut of at the waist. Crazy right?

#3 This Object is strange, It is hard to see without adjusting the contrast, but it has what looks to be tubes or round curved things coming out of it in the shadow area . To me it looks like a pelvic area, and would match up well with object #2. with the round tubes being in the lower rib area of object #2.

#4 Has that strange funnel piece, that seems to have a rolled lip around the edge of it. And it also appears to me to be a good fit for a lower body parts of objects #2 and #3. You know? Legs and things like that

#5 Looks to be a crowbar or bent tube that is leaning on a rock, nothing more to say about it really.

#6 Looks to be a skeleton, complete with arms buried in the ground, and still clutching onto some type of pie knife. Maybe there was a party going on, and then BOOM!!!

Anyone having fun yet?

edit on 8-3-2011 by Nomadmonkey because: picture not working right.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

Some of them do look like skulls to me. However they could be anything. Intesting none the less! Thanks for posting it!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I just see rocks that are outlined. And why would NASA release a picture with all of those things in it, if they are so well known for hiding, photo-shopping, and suppressing questionable images?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I would say that since you dont know forsure what you are seeing that wouldnt bother with it. Or its possible that didnt see them. It took me a bit to notice the difference between the ones that look like skulls and the ones that just look like rocks.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Do you perhaps have a link to the original photograph?

It seems a bit ridiculous seeing the photo for the first time with yellow circles around what you want us to look at... seeing as how that sets up the photo for your own interpretation.

If I see those things on my own it is better than seeing them through your eyes... Seeing them through your eyes predisposes me to one interpretation rather than another.

Its kind of ruined now... no offense. Just sayin.

cheers

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well normally I lurk but there is one thing in your photo that intrigued me...

Just the one mind, in my humble opinion everything else is rock.

Whats not rock though...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd0fac080195.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6892af1a14a0.jpg[/atsimg]

Thats not rock, Surely?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Actually I lied.

I just played around with the colours/exposure, its all rock... damn you odd looking rock!

First post fail.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DeBuG

I agree that one's always puzzled me

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeBuG

how is it just a rock? Its an image that has got me wondering for a while now, is it something off the rover? Im not seeing much 'rock like' in that image

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Its a trick of the light, its all one rock. Its an odd shape but it is all part of the same rock.

I can tweak the images further and re-upload them if you like?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeBuG

yes please
I'd like to put this one to rest in my head!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

OK, just quickly then,

Here you can actually see the shape of the top of the rock.. as you can see there is nothing reaching above the top of the rock.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9faba8a60921.jpg[/atsimg]

and here you can see that the oddness is actually not leaning against a rock it is actually all rock, there is no void underneath the item that appears to be leaning against the rock. (does that make sense?)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ce315e68af0.jpg[/atsimg]

A very odd rock indeed.

Ps: please excuse the clarity of the images, i spent only a few seconds tweaking them.
edit on 8-3-2011 by DeBuG because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
maybe i'm crazy, but I see fish heads.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Anyone having fun yet?
[/quote]

Yes, you bet! And you missed something extremely important IMHO. Directly between object #1 and #2 is quite a find. It is perfectly obvious that "rock" is not that at all, but the perfectly petrified head of an typical "grey" that we see around Earth sometimes. You can see the mouth, opened unusually wide for a gray as we know them, and the shrunken areas around where the big almond eyes used to be before something awful happened to the little thing. R.I.P. ET!

So that wraps it up, the greys are evidently from Mars and what you have discovered is an old battlefield. super find! Sorry, my quote of flags are all gone for the year already. Give yourself a few.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
To the OP, what do you mean by real? Are they really there yes! Do you imagine things to displace what you may be ignorant about, Yes. Do you see things in clouds too? Double suns or moons? OK, I will try to respectfully exit now.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
BTW, you are seeing transmitted images, (assembled) and you are not standing next to 'it'. So be reasonable about which images you want to imagine and ones you want to believe. Also try to get a grip on the scale of things, the resolution of the images you want to 'see' things in from a third party, OK.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Considering the enormous scale of distance and the watts involved in transmitting the picture i find it amazing we are looking at Mars.......
That said, the pictures you have circled could be anything......
The fish definately has a good resemblance to a tree root segment.
My gawd what a barren place Mars looks .........Like the leftovers of a catastrophe beyond imagining......utterly desolate.....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

Well, it would be great if we saw some artefacts like that on Mars, but I think those pictures are not what they appear to be. I think it is Pareidolia and we're seeing patterns and shapes we humans come to know.

Also, there is not scale given in that picture of how big or small those rocks are. At least I can't see one. So I think it'd be pretty hard to say anything in that picture is a spanner/tool or skull, etc - we don't have any size comparisons.

edit on 9-3-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DeBuG

yup makes sense thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
Do you perhaps have a link to the original photograph?

It seems a bit ridiculous seeing the photo for the first time with yellow circles around what you want us to look at... seeing as how that sets up the photo for your own interpretation.

If I see those things on my own it is better than seeing them through your eyes... Seeing them through your eyes predisposes me to one interpretation rather than another.

Its kind of ruined now... no offense. Just sayin.

cheers

Oh i wouldn't worry, there is *LOTS* more to see in the image...lots.

Have a good look around...you'll see things that cannot possibly be natural.

top topics

join