It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Believes He’s Following Orders from the Lord

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
www.progressive.org...

This article is chock full of nuggets from another religious psychotic. Here's a few examples:

“I was focused all too much on the choppy waters of my life, about how uneasy it would be to look people in the face. I wasn’t trusting and obeying my Savior. That morning Christ said to me through that devotion, ‘This is what you’re going to do. Look at me. Find that point on the horizon, and you’re going to be just fine.’ ”

“God had a plan further down the road. Little did I know I just had to trust in Christ and obey what he calls me to do and that was going to work out.”

Walker said that God has told him what to do every step of the way, including about what jobs to take, whom to marry, and when to run for governor.

‘I’m going to trust in you Christ to tell me where to go. And to the best of my ability I’m going to obey where you lead me,’

No matter how you feel about the debacle in Wisconsin right now we should always be wary of placing people in charge of government who are under religious delusions and not only shameless about it but proud of it. "God told me to" is likely the worst phrase to accompany someone's behavior, especially when it comes from an individual with a tremendous amount of political power.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Two words I hate to read in the same article.. GOD, and GOVERNMENT.. Good find op!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
God told me to put seven ounces of Vodka in my shmoovy this morning.

Oh, and god also told me that Scott can kiss both side of my butt

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Of course, if an individual, not someone in a position of power or in the public spotlight, acts based upon these delusions, well, there's quite another standard for them.

Keep your gods out of my government. How dare you enforce your beliefs on me through government? You have no right to take away my rights because of your beliefs.

I think this sums up the article nicely:

“It is frightening that the highest executive in our state suffers from the delusion that God dictates his every move,” she says. “Consider the personal and historic devastation inflicted by fanatics who think they are acting in the name of their deity.”

This is the same way the Iraq war, religious wars, and wars untold have been waged, how parents have killed their children, and any other untold horrors related to religious delusions. Why do we tolerate this absurdity, this insanity? Does it make us feel less alone, someone with whom we feel is identifiable?

This is quite frightening, indeed, and it seems to be getting worse, these religious delusions, and it's tearing the word apart.

Everyone's losing it...
edit on 8-3-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
God told me to put seven ounces of Vodka in my shmoovy this morning.

Oh, and god also told me that Scott can kiss both side of my butt

I might convert to your religion

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

How embarrassing... This guy sounds like he was born in the 1700's and doesn't know that the world has moved on from its stupid enfatuation with the man in the underpants.

Ridiculous. Great post drummer. S+F

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh, this is just too disturbing....it was bad enough to endure eight years of George (dry-drunk "born-again") Bush...and the 'Palinator' of late.....now this?

It seems to be a pattern....the more insane they behave has an almost direct linear correlation to the insane fantasy "beliefs"....full-blown hypocritical activities included too, at no extra charge....

I had been mulling over something, this reminded me of it.....the future, (i.e., 2012) holds for us the potential of the three most scary words of all time (IMO):

"President Mitt Romney"!!!

It's interesting to realize the huge controversy about JFK, when he was running...his opponents tried to use his Catholicism against him. Yet, hardly a peep about Romney's Mormonism??

Funny, again, how the right wing will display such hypocrisy, across all time boundaries....never changes much, in politics......

edit on 8 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
the potential of the three most scary words of all time (IMO):

"President Mitt Romney"!!!

That would be extremely bad. Almost as bad as "President Mike Huckabee".

The U.S. political right wing has sabotaged themselves with this religious extremism. We have eight anti-evolution bills being introduced in the states currently. We have governors and federal candidates who believe in things such as witchcraft and that deities speak to them. We have divisiveness originating from religious nuts like Huckabee who recently got busted sending a targeted mailing to religious constituents that was wholly anti-atheist and secularist (even though the non-religious are numbering nearly 20% in the U.S.).

We need to get these psychotics out of "public service" before they end up wrecking things.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Politicians whom are under the spell of religious delusions and having imaginary friends who "tell them what to do" ARE DANGEROUS politicians!!!

How many NUTCASES have there been in recent history who have reported hearing similar "Godly voices" and "instructions from god" while they committed HORRENDOUS ACTS AND CRIMES against innocent people around them???????

Folks in POSITIONS OF POWER under such delusions ARE EVEN MORE DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!

Wisconsin folks, DEMAND THIS BUM OUT OF OFFICE!!!!!!!!!

DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention that the bum is also trying to take WHAT LITTLE THE WORKING STIFFS have there in Wisconsin away as well.

Get rid of the BUM NOW!!!!!!!!!
edit on 8-3-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yeah, I've never understood how hearing voices in your head of someone telling you to do something is considered
Psychotic and delusional for EVERYONE except Christians/religious nuts.

Somehow stating that Jesus told you something makes it all ok.
If I tell you that Aliens are talking to me and telling me things I get a visit to Sunny Acres.

Someday we're going to find out that there really were Aliens that have just been (text removed) with us this whole time and telling people to do stuff in the name of Jesus.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3-8-2011 by chissler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Somehow stating that Jesus told you something makes it all ok.
If I tell you that Aliens are talking to me and telling me things I get a visit to Sunny Acres.

Ain't that the truth?

You hear voices, doctors reflexively believe you're insane.
You hear god, constituents reflexively believe you're electable.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

No, you and some others may be losing it, but not everyone is.

I will provide you with a few examples, out of the many, of people who do not have God in their lives who are losing it and of people who's lives were saved because they invoked God and are obviously "gaining it" instead of losing it.

Here's a God-less man who recently STABBED a football player.

"A Lombard man who spent time in prison for attempted murder was held on $250,000 bail Monday after being charged with stabbing a North Central College football player working at a Naperville bar early Sunday."

articles.chicagotribune.com... ootball

Seems Jesus Christ and a little "love one another and humbleness" instilled in his belief system may have prevented this no?

Here's another recent one. Gee, tons of Godless folks walking around here:

"A homeless man has been stabbed to death in the Queens district of New York. Police believe the 31-year-old man was killed when he tried to stop a woman being attacked. A video obtained by the popular US tabloid New York shows Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax, an immigrant from Guatemala, bleeding to death on the sidewalk. It seems the hearts of New Yorkers were not filled with pity last Sunday night as they walked on by without coming to his assistance.Tale-Yax’s killer is still on the loose."

Bet the homeless man sure wished a bunch of die hard Jesus Loving Folks were walking around on that day, no chance for him though, just a bunch of self centered God-less scardy cats.

www.euronews.net...

On a brighter side, down in FL...

"A man who tried to rob a cell phone store in Pompano Beach last week apparently had a change of heart after the Christian cashier evoked Jesus to talk him out of the crime.

The incident, which was captured on surveillance video, occurred last Friday morning at the MetroPCS store on South Cypress Road.

According to the Broward Sheriff's Office, the man entered the store pretending to be a customer interested in buying a phone. He engaged the employee in conversation before pulling a gun and demanding money from the cash register.

Nayara Goncalves, who was alone in the store with the man, told him she wasn't judging him and that "Jesus (has) something way better for you."

During their five-minute-long conversation, Goncalves was able to convince the repentant would-be robber to take the right path and not hurt her.

When Goncalves told him that she would be charged for the missing money, the gunman apologized and left the store empty-handed.

Before he left, Goncalves claimed that Jesus can help him.

"He can change your life," she said. "Go back to church. Find a job. Get real friends in church.""

www.wpbf.com...

Then there's the robbery in Indianapolis and it seems Jesus Christ prevented this woman from taking a bullet to the cerebellum:

"...Montez says she started talking with the gunman.

"I said, 'You don't have to do anything like this.' I said, 'Don't lower yourself to something so bad'," she said.

Those words, police say, brought Smith to his knees in prayer.

"He was heartbroken. He was crying and he told me he didn't want to do this," Montez described. "He said, 'I've got to have this money by 4 o'clock, or I will be on the streets with my baby'. He said he'd been looking for a job for months."

Montez says at one point, Smith asked for a hug.

"I said 'I'm so scared' and he's like, 'No ma'am. No. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise' and then he cried and he hugged me," she added.

Montez says when she thought about dying behind that counter, she thought about how hard she'd already fought to live. She says she had a kidney transplant at Methodist Hospital just six years ago.

"I said, 'Life is so precious, you don't understand.' I said, 'God gave me a transplant and he gave me a second chance at life'," Montez said. "I said, 'God loves you and you think this is the end, but it's not'."

But Montez says she still feared the worst when Smith reached into his pocket and pulled out his gun.

"I was like, dear Jesus, please don't let this man hurt me. Please take care of my family," she recalled. "Then he said, 'No ma'am. No. I'm not going to.' He said, 'I'm taking the bullet out' and he gave me the bullet."

Then, Montez says Smith made an unusual request.

"He said, 'Ma'am, I'm not going to hurt you. Will you pray with me?' I said, 'Yes, I'll pray with you.'"

www.wthr.com...

So ah, God and Jesus Christ tearing the world apart? I think not. Look again. I am so glad our politicians have Jesus Christ in their lives and hope more turn to Him, including the posters on this thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The sad truth about stories like this is that these morons don't really hear voices at all . Those who claim that god or jesus or any other deity tells them things , are nothing but attention whores or others who have draconian agendas that they try to give credibility to by saying that it is all somehow divinely-inspired , knowing that all of those who believe in this nonsense will give them their vote and support them .

Every bit of it makes me want to slap the stupid off of someone .

Anyone remember good ol Oral Roberts ? Yea , a 900-foot jesus told him he was gonna kill him if he didn't raise ten million dollars .

Karl Marx said it best , religion is nothing but an opiate for the masses .

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Key-Minder

Do I really have to post a List of all of the things done by people who had JESUS in their hearts and God on their side???

If we are going to have someone post a list of all of the bad people doing bad things because they didn't have "Jesus" then don't we need to balance the scales and talk about all of the "good" people who went ape$heet and killed everyone in the house because Jesus told them to?

Haveing Jesus in your heart apparently makes no differance because at the end of the day,
crazy is till......CRAZY!!! Jesus or no Jesus.

It isn't my job to systematically tear down someones deeply held firmly rooted Mind prison so I'll
just let this one go,.....for now.

Hearing Voices isn't something to brag about unless you say it's the voice of Jesus?

edit on 8-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Throughout history, god has been the motivating factor in countless deaths and many conflicts.
Does not matter which god, I cannot disprove that god ordered these wars and murders I refer to.
But is clear that god tells some people to do these ungodly things, government is the machine that can
enable such thing to occur.

HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS NOT SATAN WHO IS TALKING TO SCOTT WALKER?

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT GOD IS NOT IMPARTING "HIS" WISDOM THROUGH ME TO YOU?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Some people read what they want to read...

What are you talking about?

I said religious delusions are tearing the world apart, not god and jesus. I also said that people should keep their god out of my government. Period.

Originally posted by Key-MinderSo ah, God and Jesus Christ tearing the world apart? I think not. Look again. I am so glad our politicians have Jesus Christ in their lives and hope more turn to Him, including the posters on this thread.

Therein lies the problem. The occurrences you posted are not necessarily exclusive to Christianity alone, but you seem to be one who thinks that "jesus is the (only) way." One could start talking about Buddhism (selflessness) or Satanism (as it pertains to the empowering Self) and still get the same result. Belief is FINE, but do NOT use your beliefs to forcefully influence others or take away the rights of those who do not think like you. Especially when you are in government. Our nation is secular and was created that way precisely to try and prevent the things we are seeing. This is one of the reasons some of our (my) ancestors left England: they were tired of the state dictating which religion they should follow because of how it negatively affected their lives.

You can believe whatever you want, but do not try to force your beliefs on me through policy (Sunday alcohol sales: you might be against religiously (because it's the "lord's day") but do NOT take away my right to buy it simply because of your beliefs).

Plus the bit about religion and wars: from the old testament to the Iraq war, it's all there in the historical record.

Pretty Simple.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't realize the Christian God was anti-union.

Seems like that's a bit contradictory to me, bur I suppose it goes with the territory. It baffled me always that the religion that proclaims peace, love, forgiveness and brotherhood for all was so warlike, hateful, unforgiving and exclusive, but hey, what do I know? I'm just an ignorant savage who doesn't believe in that claptrap.

What I do know is that Walker lacks the intellect and empathy required for the job. He's a pretty good example of :

Why you should NEVER vote for anyone who promises "to run government like a business."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Business people shouldn't be allowed to run for office without first passing a humanity test.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Can we perhaps read this article a little more carefully? The quotes mentioned above do not dictate policy. Rather, Walker is discussing how his life has been guided by his faith.

Whom to marry....where to go to college....when to apply for a job [as governor]....are all personal decisions and matters not whether God told him to get married or his mother.

Walker also mentions that God does not choose sides in Politics.

I think this article has been blown out of proportion. To assume that a person in Government, arguably an institution separate from religion, has not been affected by faith throughout their life leading up to and including during their term in office is rather naive.

There have been many politicians, through all walks of life, that use their faith as a guide for how they conduct themselves and the decisions they make. It is simply, part of who they are but not exclusive to who they are.

For example:

Obama:

But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people, and do our best to help them find their own grace. That's what I strive to do, that's what I pray to do every day.

Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

Obama:

My family, frankly, they weren't folks who went to church every week. My mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew but she didn't raise me in the church, so I came to my Christian faith later in life and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead.

Clinton, Hillary:

In the Bible it says they asked Jesus how many times you should forgive, and he said 70 times 7. Well, I want you all to know that I'm keeping a chart.

Reagan:

We are never defeated unless we give up on God.

We might come closer to balancing the Budget if all of us lived closer to the Commandments and the Golden Rule.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

Not to mention that the bum is also trying to take WHAT LITTLE THE WORKING STIFFS have there in Wisconsin away as well.

WRONG - that is very wrong. Please do a little research before posting something as fact.

Gov Walker is trying to level the playing field between the government workers and the private sector. I have had for 3 years now what the Gov is trying to force onto the unionized state workers.

- Higher healthcare costs
- A wage freeze
- No standard "cost of living increase"

I, as a private worker, have been dealing with this since 2008 and its about time EVERYONE in Wisconsin shares our pain! Theres your bottom line.

Is Walker doing it the proper way, no he is not. Should the democratic senators hiding in Illinois come home and work, yes they should.

What would happen to you if you left your job for 2 weeks to hide out from working? You would lose your job. yet we as taxpayers have no power to fire them for not doing their job, even though we are paying them.

You may not agree with Scott Walker, but at least he is showing up for work.

Dorian Soran

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Key-Minder
Here's a God-less man who recently STABBED a football player.

"A Lombard man who spent time in prison for attempted murder was held on $250,000 bail Monday after being charged with stabbing a North Central College football player working at a Naperville bar early Sunday."

articles.chicagotribune.com... ootball

Seems Jesus Christ and a little "love one another and humbleness" instilled in his belief system may have prevented this no?

That's funny. I don't see anything in your link or about the story giving any indication that this suspect is "godless" in any way.

I also fail to see how believing in Jesus prevents people from committing crimes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join