It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter Betrayal in Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, not too long ago the people of Ireland voted in a new government with the promise not to follow the IMF guidelines as it would basically rape them financially.

Further information can be found in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But shown in this article:

Voter betrayal: FG/Labour to ditch pledges on economy

The Fine Gael/Labour coalition Government is to implement in detail the outgoing Government's four-year austerity plan as approved by the EU-IMF, the Sunday Independent can reveal. In what will amount to the most barefaced breach of election promises ever perpetrated by an incoming Government, the coalition partners' programme for government will cause uproar when it is published today.

www.independent.ie...

In that agreement, about 80% of their tax revenue will be used to pay off that debt by 2012 - which means nothing for the Irish people. Once people learn of this, you can expect trouble in the streets of Ireland.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Absolutely terrible...it seems in this day and age we can't trust anyone claiming to be 'helping' us.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It's just another example that politicians can "promise" whatever they like, but as soon as they get in, it's almost as if someone is waiting for them, telling them how things will be. Seen and repeated over and over again!

But damn this was a fast 180!!

It bring me all back to the post I made on the video issued by Jim Corr, before all this happened. You remember when Ireland was still a sovereign country!

My link to Jim Corr Video

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Western countries need a lesson from Egypt etc. If they keep peeing on the eyes of the voters there will be consequencies.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So much for Fine Gael's 'Unilateral' burning of the bond holders, this is no surprise to some of us, well to me anyway, they are just the next puppet's for TPTB ie : The IMF and EU
This may/should result in the burning of government buildings, and old government functions, lets just hope the opposition in the form of the independents and Sinn Fein knock this on its head, otherwise there will be trouble ahead!
The sale of our forests and energy to make the fat cats fatter, while we throw money at banks that report profits a year earlier to a suggested economic collapse, what a joke on the Irish people and yes i'm mad, mad as hell i tell you!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Oh and i forgot to mention the fact that they now they want to meter and charge us for water, in Ireland where it hardly ever stop raining, what a complete piss take of the Irish people, this water that smells like a swimming pool, that you cannot drink straight from the tap, i boil it before even giving to my plants, mad is an understatement at this stage!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ha and we still believe in politicians. They willpromise anything to get into power. Once they are in office, they screw the population over and over.

Typical. Seems Ireland is repeating what the coalition Government is doing in the UK. Completely disgusting.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

The gov't better think twice. Just because the Irish are not bombing each other now, doesn't mean they forgotten how to make bombs.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I thought all the other promises broken by politicians were gruesome but this is beyond words. About a week after their election championing the renegotiation of the bailout they have already announced the bailout will go through as-is and that includes 80% of the taxes through 2012 to pay off the debt. All this so that the banks could be bailed out, oh god I am beyond furious and I am not even in Ireland, do not be surprised if you see some assassinations, massive riots, general strikes, or bombings.

People of Ireland please, please I am begging you, light this match and reclaim your country. You DO NOT and SHOULD NOT have to pay for the greedy and immoral practices of international bankers, rise up and inspired us all! Do not let them do this to you, never again shall you be slaves in your own lands, through off these shackles now! This is not your debt to pay for!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Euro will fall soon and then we will be back to the good aul punt, though I think we should jump to the Sterling at the moment before it falls.

new topics

top topics

join