It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Star reporter quits in protest at tabloid's 'anti-Muslim' coverage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

For the resident ATS hate-mongers this should be a wake up call, you have nowhere to hide, and your apologists in the media have had their day.

Anti-Muslim sentiment is being spoon-fed to you by the right-wing media to CONTROL you. They want you to hate muslims so that you don't hate your right-wing corporate masters.

Not to mention this particular media outlet in question has been quietly supporting the EDL... how very pathetically stupid.

It's about time that ATS took a stand on this as well - stop the Anti-Muslim racially motivated threads and posts. Put a stop to it - a FULL STOP.

The Revenant.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I admit to being an Islamophobe, but not a racist. There is nothing "racially motivated" on my part that causes me any concern. My concern is with sheer inequality of life suffered by those on the end of radicalized Islam. It is not all like that, I understand, but the good muslims need to come and condemn the bad. It would do their religion the world of good. That is the extent of my Islamophobia, and I reserve the right to call up any issues I have with the freedom of speech that I enjoy as long as people are suffering because of this religion.

Also, I am an atheist, no religious ties to any group that would influence my personal opinion. Quite simply, I feel this way and probably won't stop until that particular ideaology starts to examine its shortcomings and say no to extremism.

Just as I do not like zero tolerance dictatorships, I do not like zero tolerance religious groups.

On the subject matter, people don't "read" the Daily Star. They slobber over and onto it. It should be in the adult fiction section. I applaud the journalist for following his morals, but sadly, the Daily Star will retain the same amount of audience as it did before.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by invetro
I admit to being an Islamophobe, but not a racist.

In your case, with what you've said, and the way you've said it, I can believe you.

There is a difference, and I applaud your effort to point it out. Me, as an atheist, I can quite happily call myself an Islamophobe. I do not agree with or condone religion.

What I cannot condone is the singling out of one or another religon on the basis that it is culturally incompatible with any given group.

In this case, Islam is singled out above and beyond sickening Christianity and other religuous rubbish. If religion is going to be targeted - target it all for the dangerous tripe that it is.

The Revenant.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yawn, another islamist apologist thread.
Another person asking for speaking the truth about this sick form of government to not be tolerated on here.
Deny ignorance, don't encourage it................surely there is a reason for so many anti muslim threads. Just as thee must be a reason for you singling out only those when so many other groups are targeted on here..................OOPS, your hypocrasy is showing.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join