It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Star reporter quits in protest at tabloid's 'anti-Muslim' coverage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Daily Star reporter quits in protest at tabloid's 'anti-Muslim' coverage

www.guardian.co.uk

Richard Peppiatt admits producing fictional stories about celebrities and accuses tabloid of inciting racial tensions

The Daily Star has been accused of printing fictional stories by a disgruntled reporter who has resigned over its "hatemongering" anti-Muslim propaganda.

In a resignation letter, Richard Peppiatt said he was leaving after the Star gave sympathetic coverage to the far-right English Defence League last month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
For the resident ATS hate-mongers this should be a wake up call, you have nowhere to hide, and your apologists in the media have had their day.

Anti-Muslim sentiment is being spoon-fed to you by the right-wing media to CONTROL you. They want you to hate muslims so that you don't hate your right-wing corporate masters.

Not to mention this particular media outlet in question has been quietly supporting the EDL... how very pathetically stupid.

It's about time that ATS took a stand on this as well - stop the Anti-Muslim racially motivated threads and posts. Put a stop to it - a FULL STOP.

The Revenant.

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
For a copy of the full letter, please look here -

Letter from Richard Peppiat at the Daily Star

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It has been long known that the Star is a disinfo comic, more interested in bums and breasts than real news.

And the Guardian? doesn't it have its own agenda?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wow this is a real gem of a resignation letter,

Someone on twitter has said that the daily star hijacked www.richpeppiatt.com too, it just points to a rather strange kitten website for me, but I have no idea if anything else was there before
edit on 5-3-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Anti-Muslim sentiment is being spoon-fed to you by the right-wing media to CONTROL you. They want you to hate muslims so that you don't hate your right-wing corporate masters.

ATS is really freaking nuts no offense atleast thats how i see people whom are defending Islam» and there actions why dont you book a flight to Bosnia? or some Islamic and then come tell me how are the Christians doing.

ATS becoming an Islamic apologist.

Women who wear burqas have no freedom, women in the middle east are treated as slaves i can see why some men here at ATS enjoy that sort of an excuse for a Concept.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
A Populus poll found that 48% of the population would consider supporting a new anti-immigration party committed to challenging Islamist extremism, and would support policies to make it statutory for all public buildings to fly the flag of St George or the union flag.

www.guardian.co.uk...

-----

OP you are sadly wrong. There is growing support for the EDL, almost 80,000 Confirmed memebers (thats larger than the entire population of an average English City).

What this has shows is that freedom of speech has lost again, and he has caved into the Communist Extreme Far Left agenda.

In the Daily Star phone poll yesterday, 98% of readers said they agreed with the EDL’s policies.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

The people have spoken, and the EDL have answered.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

It's about time that ATS took a stand on this as well - stop the Anti-Muslim racially motivated threads and posts. Put a stop to it - a FULL STOP.

The Revenant.
www.guardian.co.uk

Wow.

That is one Fascist ideology you hold.

Talk about beating down freedom of speech. What next? Ban all Christians?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
ATS is becoming an Islamic apologist.

Coming from a known defender of racism and bigotry? No offence - seriously, that's not an adhominem attack, just an observation of your posts.

Religious people kill each other all the time. That's the way religion often works. Christians dish out just as much as Muslims do - but on ATS, and in other media outlets, we see a CONSTANT war of attrition against Islam, the racial subdivisions of Muslims, and anyone of an Arabic persuasion. It's racist bigotry pure and simple.

The Revenant.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The leader of the Extremist communist group.

edit on 5-3-2011 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
OP you are sadly wrong. There is growing support for the EDL, almost 80,000 Confirmed memebers (thats larger than the entire population of an average English City).

What this has shows is that freedom of speech has lost again, and he has caved into the Communist Extreme Far Left agenda.

In the Daily Star phone poll yesterday, 98% of readers said they agreed with the EDL’s policies.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

The people have spoken, and the EDL have answered.

Haydn, you're obviously a member of the EDL. Anything you post on here is therefore probably biased and generally unworthy of attention.

HOWEVER, I will quite happily let you know that as far as Communism in the UK goes, it's laughably non-existent. You just label anyone who opposes your sick neo-nazi ideology as Communist because it's beyond your articulation skills to insult them in any more interesting and intelligent manner!

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Islam isn't a race. Its an Idealogy.

You can be a white Muslim, a Black Muslim, a chinese muslim.

Your still a Muslim.

Im not racist. I oppose a Religion, not the color of someones skin.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

The Revenant.
www.guardian.co.uk

Wow.

That is one Fascist ideology you hold.

Talk about beating down freedom of speech. What next? Ban all Christians?

Who said anything about banning Christians?

If you want to get rid of religion, we're on the same team brother. But picking one over the other? I will leave that your fascist ilk.

The Revenant.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I quote again:

There was a total of 67 arrests, 55 of which were UAF supporters and the remaining 12 EDL, police said.

Yep you read that right.

The EDL are not violent, don't listen to the commies. The stats speak for themself.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Islam isn't a race. Its an Idealogy.

You can be a white Muslim, a Black Muslim, a chinese muslim.

Your still a Muslim.

Im not racist. I oppose a Religion, not the color of someones skin.

For the record, I'm not a Muslim. Look before you jump dear boy.

Secondly, why oppose one religion when they're ALL bad? Christianity is just as bad as Islam.

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And you call anyone who opposes Islam a Nazi?

Heres a video for you;

Black members of the EDL burning the Nazi flag.

Come back when you have a good enough argument

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I quote again:

There was a total of 67 arrests, 55 of which were UAF supporters and the remaining 12 EDL, police said.

Yep you read that right.

The EDL are not violent, don't listen to the commies. The stats speak for themself.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The UAF are not communists, and please stop trolling by calling them commies. What they DO belong to is a wide-ranging group of people who oppose the EDL's sickening stupidity. Which therefore gets them labelled as commies by people too stupid to articulate their correct name which is 'opposition'.

The EDL will get their comeuppance, just as the Nazi party did, just as the IFP did, just as the Blackshirts did, just as the Vichy did.... need I go on?

You're on quicksand mate.

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

And you call anyone who opposes Islam a Nazi?

Heres a video for you;

Black members of the EDL burning the Nazi flag.

Come back when you have a good enough argument

Child, seriously, you do know Fascists CAN be colours other than white? The Nazi party was a FASCIST party, just like the EDL is going to become. The EDL will meet the same fate - hopefully before needlessly killing a lot of people.

The Rev.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I guess you dont mind women been slaves or the fact poor children as young 9 have to be married to a grownadult men in islam i guess you dont see a problem with that.

we see a CONSTANT war of attrition against Islam, the racial subdivisions of Muslims, and anyone of an Arabic persuasion.

And you know what i see? i see a constant war of attrition against Christianity everyday you hear in the news a Muslim killed a Christian and yet there is no out cry outcry from any nation.

Sorry to say but you sir have Fascist ideology there.

Muslims aren't very nice to Christians.

edit on 5-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

UAF NOT COMMUNISTS?

Dont make me laugh

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join