It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Russian Speaking Mods Here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I am asking because I noticed a new member, whom I am somewhat familiar with from youtube, called olegen77: www.abovetopsecret.com...
He is a friendly cat but has some trouble with English, and it looks like he is getting a little befuddled by our processes. I suggested doing an introduction thread so that he may find the guidelines and such.
Could someone extend the courtesy of getting him started? He speaks enough English to get around and participate, but I think he could use some assistance for his intro.

Thanks,
spec
ETA: I was wondering too, is there a simple translation method for email correspondences? Some free software or something? And I should not restrict my inquiry to mods, if a fluent member wants to step in please do

edit on 4-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't speak Russian but there are a number of Russin's living in my building, don't know if I can get someone to help but if there isn't anyone you can help on ATS let me know and will see what I can do. Hopefully one will sign up on ATS.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I know passable Russian, had a guy in my unit that was teaching me.

If there is any thing I can still assist with, let me know.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Thanks ADVISOR! I believe he could use the MOD intro post like this, but in Russian, just to see the rules and regs.

Welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

Thanks, and here is is profile:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'll see what I can do.

LoL

This ought to be an interesting first...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
ETA: I was wondering too, is there a simple translation method for email correspondences? Some free software or something? And I should not restrict my inquiry to mods, if a fluent member wants to step in please do

edit on 4-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

You can put fairly large chunks of text through Google translate or maybe one of the other online services... Sometimes the translatations into english are a bit comical, I can only imagine it's the same for any language, but hey it's free and it is a mindless computer and not a human. - Copy and paste etc, see what you get.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Thank you for the reply Aquarius, I think just getting the intro info clear for him will help, and it looks like ADVISOR shall, hmmm...what's the word....oh yea, advise him

peace

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Thanks for the suggestion, Now_Then, I knew of this but have not tried it. I shall experiment some first before an actual attempt of exchange. I don't want to offend anyone with a misconstrued effort

spec

new topics

top topics

join