It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual symbolism in new military patch?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Did everyone miss the TASK FORCE in the top of the top patch. If the NRO needs a TASK FORCE then we are in big trouble and its earthbound. The NRO already has satellites that can see a gnat on a dogs ass from space so they don't need a Task force for that but they probably never had many to look at space in a very classified way.

Makes sense to me anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Military units get to design their own patches and it seems they're allowed a LOT of leeway in what they depict in them. Some like to have a lot of fun with their patches, like the nuclear missile silo crews who display a rather startling level of gallows humor with their famous Death Wears Bunny Slippers patch.

Also, the more secretive the military unit, the more fun they seem to like to have with their patches. Another great patch is for the 509th B-2 Stealth Bomber Bomb Wing, which features a Gray alien clutching a B-2 bomber in its hands, and the inscription "To Serve Man," on top and the Latin phrase "Gustatus Similis Pullus” on the bottom.

"To Serve Man" comes from a classic Twilight Zone episode, where aliens appear on Earth and are very friendly and helpful to us, but we find a book of theirs with the title, "To Serve Man." Once we translate the rest of the book, we find out that "To Serve Man" is actually a cook book! The Latin phrase at the bottom of the patch means, "Tastes Like Chicken."

Personally, I find all of this stuff pretty amusing and not sinister in any way. I do tend to have a very dark sense of humor, so it all appeals to me for that reason, probably. Maybe nuclear annihilation isn't something to joke about, but sometimes humor is the only way the human mind can cope with such a terrible thing. It worked for Kubrick in the movie "Dr. Strangelove," after all.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Reminds me of sun/moon worship if thats what is depicted in said patch. in correspondence to what is being discussed about the end times makes it a very interesting patch indeed

Also what do you guys think the significance is of the letters on the moon? since we're talking about symbolism.

(This is probably a cigar is just a cigar moment and im looking into it a bit to much but sometimes i believe that can be a good thing perhaps not now but you never know.
L
4=D
9=I which is displayed on the patch a quick google search will lead you too
www.ldishow.com...
First thing you'll see is a banner saying "The Sky is the limit" following a link from that banner will lead you to www.knight-of-illumination.com...
The websites seem to be related to lighting and music technologly which referring to my first comment about sun worship kind of relates.

lol i think this could be a great example of how you can make connections out of anything
edit on 4-3-2011 by thefreemasontruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Wo - To Serve Man / Taste like chicken.

Alien holding stealth bomber.

They do seem to have a sens of humour...but why one that always involves alien/apocalypse/devil....?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Pretty interesting. The military has many weird slogans and symbols. To me the first patch looks like a devil leaving the earth. And "Betty" is probably from the song Whoa Black Betty by Lynyrd Skynerd(I forgot how to spell the name). I'm pretty sure I saw a boob on the flying devil thing making the name Betty fit. The second patch got my attention more. It is a Phoenix in front of the American flag. Which probably means that we are going through a rebirth. And the Phoenix is burning its old nest and has to build a new one. Nice find!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

that was a song by ram jam not lynyrd skynyrd...unless they had their own.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
Pretty interesting. The military has many weird slogans and symbols. To me the first patch looks like a devil leaving the earth. And "Betty" is probably from the song Whoa Black Betty by Lynyrd Skynerd(I forgot how to spell the name). I'm pretty sure I saw a boob on the flying devil thing making the name Betty fit. The second patch got my attention more. It is a Phoenix in front of the American flag. Which probably means that we are going through a rebirth. And the Phoenix is burning its old nest and has to build a new one. Nice find!

Might be Black Betty..but also a nic
for someone named Elizabeth...also think the positioning of
the stars have a significance...the trident is Poseidon's symbol of ruler ship, representing
earth, and then at the top is the rocket breaking free of earth and reaching for the stars.

Some stars are left behind...but, stuff happens...the letters and numbers on the grey orb
may also hold a key...fire is cleansing and renewing...in the shape of the daemon, might mean
going to hell and back may be a requirement for change.

Whatever...just a few thoughts

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I guess i saw the large grey ball as a large comet it close to earth as appose to a huge chunk missing now i see it the other way..just my perspective i guess

I though it was depicting the far side of the moon...

Weird patch indeed!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
look, people....

these stupid patches are the creation of overgrown 13 year-olds. They try to create the baddest, scariest, most "cool" and "awesome" patch, because they are competing with their other stupid federal employee friends in other departments and divisions.

the patches mean NOTHING. Nothing, of course, than those guys seeing how "bad" of a work team patch that they can use to impress their girlfriends.

Sure. Sorry, I have to believe there is meaning beyond some overgrown teen's crazy construction.

The second one is a phoenix rising from flames (ashes) and, believe me, THAT has meaning.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
You all failed, to do your research.

Delta IV Heavy launches on debut West Coast launch with NRO L-49
January 20th, 2011 by William Graham

The United Launch Alliance (ULA) Delta IV Heavy has made its first launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base on Thursday. The rocket, launched on schedule from Vandenberg Air Force Base, lifting off at 21:10 UTC, en route to placing a classified payload – L-49 – into orbit for the US National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).

Delta IV-H Launch Overview:

The Delta IV which launched is Delta 352, which appears to have been named “Betty” by its launch crews.

The truth is here

Classified payload, eh? Hmmmm....

Still, what you offer above says nothing about the symbology. It does explain "Betty" I suppose... But that could also be a cover. If "Betty" is a diminutive of Elizabeth, it could be a hidden homage to to queen of England. Who knows.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
List of NRO launches - Wikipedia

USA-224 Mission (NRO-49)
The payload was a KH-11 Reconissance satellite.

Spaceflight now tracking site

The Space REview patch discussion for LSO 49

There seems to be letters on the grey material over the earth. I was also thinking that maybe instead of a comet / object, it does resemble an exposed brain. Placing it over the Earth would insinuate human know how / knowledge. This satellite was put togethr using spare parts from other satellites, which played into the symbolism in the patches.

14 stars present, with 1 or 2 of them hidden / obscured coincides with the number of KH-11 launches to date, etc etc etc.

The devil you know part comes from the old saying -

The devil you know, beats the devil you dont. - translation - While Gorbachev is a communist and head of the Communist government, and we hate communism, we at least know what to expect when dealing with him, as opposed to an ultra nationalist who is unpredictable.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Fun Fact: All military patches are designed by members of the unit/task force that wears them.

Essentially what you have here is that several members all throw design ideas out there and they vote on which they think looks the best. There is no hidden meaning behind it, unless of course your suggesting that the person who designed this (who is also is most likely a pvt or an spc) happens to be in on some grand conspiracy that only the elite of elite know about.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This isn't a grand conspiracy...each unit when standing up creates a patch. This is done with members of the unit giving their input. There are many young people in the U.S. Armed Forces and with all the video games they have grown up with it's only natural you would see this type of patch. After all the inputs are received and the proposed designs are evaluated the Unit Commander will decide which he likes best and submit the proposed entry to the Armed Forces Heraldry for approval. Everything on the patch will have a description of what it means all the way down to the colors of the background and every symbol. That's how it works folks...it gives a sense of identity to each unit and helps promote esprit de corps.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Above is the link...below is the first paragraph from their facebook page:

The United States Army Institute of Heraldry furnishes heraldic services to the Armed Forces and other United States government organizations, including the Executive Office of the President. The activities of the Institute encompass research, design, development, standardization, quality control, and other services relating to official symbolic items—seals, decorations, medals, insignia, badges, flags, and other items awarded to or authorized for official wear or display by government personnel and agencies. Limited research and information services concerning official symbolic items are also provided to the general public. The Institute of Heraldry is located at Fort Belvoir, a military installation within the metropolitan area of Washington, D.C. The staff consists of thirty-two civilians.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueGrit

Everything on the patch will have a description of what it means all the way down to the colors of the background and every symbol.

Then it would be interesting to find out what everything means on those....

Seem to me from the facebook page that it is a serious and pretty control organization (who by the way uses the winged serpent as their logo)

I can easily believe that most don't know about the meaning of symbolism they might use.....but it bugs me that it's always the same subjects being utilize.

(Serpent / planets / Aliens / Death ...) mind you it is the army after all!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMSEEKER

Well puppies, bunny rabbits, rainbows and flowers just wouldn't have the same effect on a unit patch. Though i'm sure most of you would find some conspiracy in that as well.

I'd like to have copies of those patches. They're really cool in a "death metal " sort of way, IMO.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The figure is holding a wrench, not a dorje.

Thought it was kinda cool to see this religious object talked about in a thread on ATS, but alas, no, it's just a wrench.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Death and demonic symbology are nothing new in the military. Deaths Head cards in Vietnam. The dragon teeth on the Flying Tiger P-40 Warhawk fighter planes from WWII era in China (US fighter pilots who were essentially mercenaries flying for the Chinese with tacit approval and aid from the US Government).

There have been many US units through out the years, going way back, who had deaths head, or other death-related symbology for their unit patches. A lot of WWII era bombers used these images and names on them, while others opted for pin-up girls, instead. Others even mixed the two (mildly NSFW).

I'm not saying I like this stuff...I find a lot of it kind of creepy sometimes - suggests the wrong attitude about war and the unfortunate job of killing to defend the country, but war is a profession all about death and I think it's not surprising that many of its practitioners tend to lean towards such imagery.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The language is Latin. Google Translates it to
Primoris gravus ex occasus = First a grave from the settings

Possibly a Satelitte to get specific target coordinates for the NRO?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001
wow..altho there are allot of wierd patches that make no sense the first one definately looks like a comet heading toward the earth and the mothman/devilish winged thing is very weird..good find

s&f

dont kid your self, the big rock infront of earth is the moon, the sun is the sun, and then the devil woman fenix chick is planet x, the four stars repersent the 4 satilaties that watch over us some where

second patch is the united states falling because of the second sun

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join