It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Lies About "Violent Wisconsin Protests"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Clip from O'Rielly show .They spliced in a clip from some place else to make it seem as though there was a rowdy crowd in Madison Wisconsin. Look closely for the palm trees in the background.

Palm trees in Wisconsin ?

edit on 3-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Very interesting, but not a surprise from Fox.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Were the teamsters ever at the Wisconson protests? That guy in the first part of the footage was wearing a Teamsters jacket. I thought the public workers union was a seperate union. I could see teamsters protesting in California, though.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
BUSTED!!

Those definitely look like palm trees lined up along some boulevard like in Los Angeles or Florida.
O'Reilly is just as slithery as the rest of the 666 space club gangs.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nice find.. What is this, the 3rd time now in a few days that Fox has been caught red handed? I am sure there are many more. I used to think Fox was the only trustworthy news source, but have realized they are no different than the rest, just a different agenda.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I do not forgive Fox News.

Come on people, do your Facebook / twitter thing and petition to have them.. err, apologize again!

Come on Zeta Reticulins, shoot their damn propaganda satellite out of the sky already!

Eh.

I'll have my grandma write another angry letter. They are afraid of her.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's disgusting people still regard Fox as a news network, everything they broadcast has to be run through a BS meter just to see if it's true or not - and with Fox, most of the time it's lies, lies, and more lies.

O'Reilly lies border on the pathological, it's like he knows these lies are apparent, yet continues telling them. He either just doesn't care anymore, or thinks Americans are too stupid to realize they are lies (and too lazy to fact check anything), or he's getting paid a whole pile of cash to continue spinning these lies for his puppet masters.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

It;s all the same ..left ,right,center , they are all on same agenda ..real journalism died long time ago

old clip from CNN

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Fair and balanced....no spin zone? Yeah right!

We Report, You Decide....Well, I've decided long ago that Fox News is the most worthless channel in my cable lineup. If Fox News were a publication, it would undoubtedly be found in the fiction section of the library.

Nice find OP!

S&F

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
No way - CNN TOO?!

Oh god.

This is deep.

Yes, yes it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
No way - CNN TOO?!

Oh god.

This is deep.

Yes, yes it is.

Of course. They all do it... Every one of them... Beware of any "news company" claiming to bring fair and balanced journalism all while spewing their own opinion.... Any "news company" that does that... Don't trust.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
O'Reilly claims protesters in Wisconsin are getting violent, then shows a clip from something that has nothing to do with Wisconsin or the current protests there. That makes this a complete fabrication, to serve O'Reilly and Fox's blatant political bias.

The CNN clip misrepresented the reporter as being on location (instead of a makeshift studio in a Saudi hotel room)

Not even comparable, The Fox lie is much more insidious, especially since it's being used to make you hate the protesters in WI.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Of course. They all do it... Every one of them... Beware of any "news company" claiming to bring fair and balanced journalism all while spewing their own opinion.... Any "news company" that does that... Don't trust.

Agreed.. Was just thinking about this this morning. Journalists should provide the news in a transparent manner. Analysis should be done by people who don't report the news. No mixing the peanut butter and chocolate.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Fox, CNN, NBC and the rest are all full of crap.

Do your own homework and research everything.

Facts are still that there are reports that the protesters in WI were less then civil.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
3, 2, 1 until they apologize for their "honest" mistake

Showing the wrong footage of rallies to promote the rallies they like, O'Reilly saying god exists because we can't explain the tide, Beck misrepresenting net neutrality, photoshopping photos of people they don't like, misrepresenting Ron Paul's win at CPAC, and the list goes on.

Yet some fools will still defend them just because it fits their fantasy world narrative

I totally get what Fox is trying to do though...

They see how popular Stephen Colbert is, especially after he destroyed O'Reilly with the whole tide thing, and they're now desperately trying to copy him. And of course Colbert photoshops stuff whenever he wants...but he's on a COMEDY network. Fox is already hosting the Simpsons, why can't tehy change their name to "Fox Entertainment" or "Fox Comedy"? That would make all of us complain because it would be clear they're not news even to the dumbest of citizens...
edit on 3-3-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by Deebo

It;s all the same ..left ,right,center , they are all on same agenda ..real journalism died long time ago

old clip from CNN

I love how people always say CNN also fakes news as blatantly as FOX...and the only really bad example they can provide is this clip from the 1980s

Not saying CNN is an angel when it comes to being factual...but saying they're as bad as FOX is crazy. FOX is in an entirely different league!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's not the point who fake news more ...the point is that journalists betrayed us normal citizens ..and the constitution is protecting them in 1st amendment ....objective and real journalism is dead ,especially in big media ...thanks God for internet.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Didn't Canada make it illegal to lie on the News? Regan reversed a similar law in the states which would have at least held news corps accountable. Perhaps Americans should lobby their local to reinstate the bill if truth in the media is important to them.

I am actually scared at the lemming like trust a percentage of the populating puts into the truth their conglomocorp news networks put out. QLD Australia is pretty bad the media here are whores who get into bed with who ever is in power at the time investigative journalism whats that>?
edit on 3-3-2011 by Shirak because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Who is lying? That clip was not all about showing video of violence in Madison. They never said look at these clips of violent Madison protectors. I certainly do not want to defend Fox news, they all lie at some point, but this? I mean, do you really think they would try to pass this clip off as being Wisconsin right now. They cut to the reporter who is obviously in a different climate, in the dead of winter. They may have been TALKING about violence there because their reporter was harassed on camera and punched while the film was rolling. I have talked to a bunch of the protestors that I know and some of them said that a few people did get out of hand and out of line. They also had clips all over about the democratic rep having to step in and help out one of the republican senators because it was getting ugly, I live here, it is not a shock. Things get heated on both sides.

How is this thread any different than what you are claiming Fox news did. Just my .02.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Dwigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Go back and watch the whole thing in context. That clip is from a story on the same topic of violent Union protesters from a story they did a week or two ago. It is on topic in fact.

Spin is also a lie. The title and premise are Spin. A liar, calling a liar a liar

Technically with that title, that video is a hoax.

You want a real lie? Obama just called the Tea Party Members "Racists" again. The campaign has started and I'm dreading the flood of Obama Groupies propaganda we will have to endure again. At least the Right lies with class and dignity. The Left just calls people names and pats each other on the back for the most creative spin and lies. In this case it is spin by the way to be precise. Taking a clip out of context and manipulating the audience to think it's something it's not I mean.

I'm really loving looking in from the outside and not being a Partisan Hack for any Party. I get to see how screwed up both sides are without anything in the way to cloud my vision.

Sooner or later the Right will start scrutinizing ABC, CNN, NBC, CBS and MSNBC for errors or lies and then the real fun will begin. The only reason I even comment is I'm really disturbed by the Progressives being opposed to Free Speech, a Free Media and not having the intelligence to know the difference between Commentary and News. Actually that's not fair, the Progressives do know the difference but pretend they don't so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions. When a person spins the truth to themselves to justify their spin, the term Groupie really starts to fit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join