It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharaoh's Signs of the Zodiac

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i ran arcoss this little tidbit and since astrologi fasinates me this goes as far back as to the pharaohs of egypt ..
www.touregypt.net...

We are told that the signs of the Zodiac as perceived and recorded by the pharaohs have recently been discovered at the Louvre Museum in Paris (source: Egyptian Government). People were to read their luck not as shown in daily newspapers under signs such as: Capricorn, Taurus, Aries etc, but rather according to the somewhat different ancient Egyptians horoscope

words.inpurespirit.com...

another site that translates these .. into what is known to today ..

A note from Tour Egypt: Occasionally we find interesting tidbits from the Egyptian government. This is certainly one of those, though the source and information is difficult to verify. Hence, we are running this story not so much as a serious research paper, but more for the fun of it. However, the Louvre Museum does provide a display of what it calls a Zodiac from the ceiling of a chapel of the great temple of Denderah (Dendera), though this Zodiac is dated to 50 BC (the Roman Period, after the Greek Period). For additional information (and a more serious discussion) on ancient Egyptian astrology, see the Tour Egypt section on this topic.

Some of the most interesting and misunderstood information about the Ancient Egyptians concerns their calendarical and astrological system. Of the greatest fallacy about Ancient Egypt and it's belief in astrology concerns the supposed worship of animals. The Egyptians did not worship animals, rather the Egyptians according to an animals astrological significance, behaved in certain ritualistic ways toward certain animals on certain days. For example, as is evidenced by the papyrus Cairo Calendar, during the season of Emergence, it was the advisement of the Seers (within the priestly caste), and the omens of certain animals they saw, which devised whether a specific date would be favorable or unfavorable.

www.mnsu.edu...
its all rather intetesting to say the least ..

so which sign are we ???
i was lead to believe due to modern astrologi that im a libra yet this dates back to 50 BC which says that im a virgo and iv noticed a few virgo trates which i have .. for example

how i run from a an relationship in fact i do whatever it takes to avoid them all together and if im close to getting in one again then i do my best to stabagetoge it thats a virgo trate ...

MODs if you feel the need to move this then do so ...

thanks
edit on 2/3/11 by alysha.angel because: adding more information and links .

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/3/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

That was interesting - thanks for sharing.

Me:

Amun : (April 26 - May 25)

According to ancient Egyptian beliefs, Amun was the god who constructed the world. Those born under this sign are strong, firm and always sought for guidance.

Strengths: strong will, outstanding courage and self-confidence. They are excellent leaders as long as they do not over task their followers.

Weaknesses: obstinate and intolerant.

Jobs assumed: financial work.

This actually fits me pretty well.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

makes one wonder if these are more right on then the modern stuff we are lead to believe ...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

according to this, Scorpio is Wadjet.
www.touregypt.net...

..all a bit general for any real comment on attributes.

Also are you aware that there is a 'new' 13th sign and the tilt in the Earth's axis and alignment means that people that astrological signs aren't the same as they were.

www.suite101.com...

According to this new alignment I, as previously Scorpio am now Libra. Actually a lot of both seem relevant to me but balance is something I feel suits my personality.
edit on 2-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

www.touregypt.net...

Also are you aware that there is a 'new' 13th sign and the tilt in the Earth's axis and alignment means that people that astrological signs aren't the same as they were.

www.suite101.com...

According to this new alignment I, as previously Scorpio am now Libra. Actually a lot of both seem relevant to me but balance is something I feel suits my personality.

yes im aware of that so tech nobody really knows for sure what is what as far as astrology goes ..

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I am more apt to believe in Egyptian astrology than modern day astrology....

Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is really cool - I've always been interested in this type of information since I was in my early teens.

Thanks for sharing - Star and Flag for you, my friend.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Its amazing what we can learn from the ancients. It seems like they were more tuned in with nature then any other in todays modern times. $&F

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wonder which sign I am... thought I was pisces... use to think I have a lot of traits pisces has.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

www.touregypt.net...

www.suite101.com...

Bet me too it with the 13th Zodiac , only it is not new a such .Just been recognized after again after it was removed and hidden .Wadjet = Horus

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
hmmm I'm Osiris: (March 27 - April 25) which is pretty much nothing like me at all or my mum who is also within those dates

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

hmm, new as in not same as before.

according to the sites I checked Wadget=eye of Ra, daughter of Atum, cobra on headdresses, also various Bast etc.

Legend has it that Wadjet was the daughter of Atum, the first god of the Universe. He created her as his eye. Her purpose was to search the Universe for his lost sons, Tefnut and Shu. Wadjet did find his sons, and Atum was so happy to see them that he cried. It is said that those tears made humans. As a reward, Atum placed Wadjet upon his head in the form of a cobra. There she would be feared and respected by all the gods and men.

Wadjet (Wadjyt, Wadjit, Uto, Udjo, Uatchet, Edjo, Buto) was the predynastic cobra goddess of Lower Egypt, a goddess originally of a city who grew to become the goddess of Lower Egypt, took the title The Eye of Ra,

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
so which sign are we ???
i was lead to believe due to modern astrologi that im a libra yet this dates back to 50 BC which says that im a virgo and iv noticed a few virgo trates which i have .. for example

Actually, there is more to astrology than where the sun is (when I was in college, I made extra money as a professional astrologer)... the "exact date" when the sun enters a sign varies each year and of course if you're doing astrology you have to calculate the degrees that the sun is in a sign as well as the moon, the moon's nodes, and all the planets (known at that time... so the astrologers of Babylon didn't have Neptune or Pluto in the horoscope charts.)

The Egyptians really didn't have horoscopes until the Greeks came along (about 300 BC) -- before then they had "lucky" and "unlucky" days.

However, the constellations in the sky don't really match the horoscopes (Pisces, for instance, is a very big and long sign while Aries is a short one... so if you really WERE counting when the sun was shining in that group of stars, you'd get an unequal set of dates and most people would be either Pisces or Scorpio or Leo since those are really long areas of the sky.

how i run from a an relationship in fact i do whatever it takes to avoid them all together and if im close to getting in one again then i do my best to stabagetoge it thats a virgo trate ...

It's a human trait, no matter what "sign" you're born under.

And that's the problem with astrology. You can give someone (say, a Leo) a set of traits that's really for (say) a Capricorn and the person will say, "Why yes! That's just how I am!"

This experiment has been repeated in almost every freshman psychology class I know about (what they do is give them all the same horoscope and ask them to discuss how accurate it is. After the discussion, they tell the students to compare horoscopes and everyone sees that they had exactly the same one.)

There is a possibility that the temple at Dendara has a horoscope on its ceiling -- but it was done about 50 BC
en.wikipedia.org...

So the "dating to the time of the pharaohs" means only "the Greek pharaohs who took over Egypt after Alexander the Great conquered it" and does not mean the pharaohs of Egypt who lived from 3500 BC to 300 BC.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

awesome addition to my thread thank you...

as of now im still researching into this .. and i intend to add more as i go along ....

again thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hi Alysha,

I got round to reading one of your threads.... i shall check the more recent ones...

According to these charts i am under ISIS:

Isis is the god of discipline. Those born under this sign are honorable, straightforward and idealistic. They use logic and intuition and view things from different perspectives. Their relationship with others are quite smooth.

Strengths: active and self-confident. Their thoughts and sense of humor render them quite popular.

Weaknesses: they get obsessed with ideas and retire when problems grow increasingly serious.

Jobs assumed: photography, commercial arts, and advertisements.

Pretty good description i must say.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

good im glad that people are finding this information usefull .... thank you

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Isis is the god of discipline.

Uhmmm.. no.

Isis is a mother goddess and the goddess of magic, rebirth, and reincarnation. Nothing at all to do with discipline. Someone's making up an astrology: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
in egyptian temple you can see the zodiac

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hama1988
in egyptian temple you can see the zodiac

The Egyptians didn't have or recognize any zodiac.

Harte

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Interesting..according to this system mine would be Anubis. But so little information is given about these Egyptian astrology signs that I'm not really getting much out of it. All there is right now is just a few characteristics. Hopefully more about it will surface.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join