It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
we might not be alone... but if these strange crafts that are seen world wide in many shapes n sizes, are not other worldly n not ours (man) then what else could "they" be?

reply to post by Mayura

If and when we know "who" and "what" is visiting us if anything is... I am expecting the worse case and I have 5 little boy n if we have to leave our area its going to be hard.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
we might not be alone... but if these strange crafts that are seen world wide in many shapes n sizes, are not other worldly n not ours (man) then what else could "they" be?

That's a very large "IF" don't you think? You can't discount the possibility that the vast majority of sightings ARE ours. It's possible. As to what else they could be? They could be from here originally. No faster than light travel required. They could be inter-dimensional. They could be time travelers from our future. I don't know, of course, but there's nothing that says unknown crafts must equal space aliens. I'm not saying they are not, either. I just think we need to keep our options open in attempting to understand what they are.

If and when we know "who" and "what" is visiting us if anything is... I am expecting the worse case and I have 5 little boy n if we have to leave our area its going to be hard.

Why would you conclude that if we know who and what they are you would have to leave your area? Maybe "socal" would be the absolute best place to be. Or do you think Oregon would be better? With over 6 billion people on the planet I'm not sure shuffling around would accomplish anything at all. I would think if there is any kind of threat involved, then staying around people you can understand and places you already know would be the best place to be.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by VenomVile.6

That's a very large "IF" don't you think? You can't discount the possibility that the vast majority of sightings ARE ours. It's possible. As to what else they could be? They could be from here originally. No faster than light travel required. They could be inter-dimensional. They could be time travelers from our future. I don't know, of course, but there's nothing that says unknown crafts must equal space aliens. I'm not saying they are not, either. I just think we need to keep our options open in attempting to understand what they are.

Why would you conclude that if we know who and what they are you would have to leave your area? Maybe "socal" would be the absolute best place to be. Or do you think Oregon would be better? With over 6 billion people on the planet I'm not sure shuffling around would accomplish anything at all. I would think if there is any kind of threat involved, then staying around people you can understand and places you already know would be the best place to be.

True, I am keeping an open mind to all possabilities.

All I can do is expect the worst n hope for the best, no? But if anything, something or nothing happens, all we could do is wait n see ??? But Im not stressing.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
its stupid to think were the only ones in the universe.

this is life. deal with it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
of people saying in EVERY ufo thread "it is stupid to think we are alone in the universe". That line has been heard since i was a child and i am 30 almost now...

Stop saying there are no aliens and people might stop saying it. It might be annoying but it also happens to be true.

Saying there are no aliens is very likely to be "stupid," for statistical reasons - even if you ignore any all the other "evidence".
edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

of people saying in EVERY ufo thread "it is stupid to think we are alone in the universe". That line has been heard since i was a child and i am 30 almost now...
I mean all of us here are here cause we want to learn something more from what the mainstream gives us. Why i have to read that damn phrase all the time. I know its a rant
but had to get it out of my system!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 28/2/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Yes it can be annoying. My theory is that ATS has been infected with platitude posting bots.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just to make it clear. I dont think the sentence itself is stupid. I believe there are aliens. I am tired of the people using it to sound somehow cool or different or i dunno...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't buy into any this alien this and that posted on forums...

Even though this might be true, saying "we're alone in the universe" is rediculous...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"its stupid to think were the only ones in the universe. "

It really is
but for every time someone posts that you have 15 skeptics posting "There are no Aliens your an idiot"

Yes there is...

No there isn't...

Yes the.... well you get the point

People just feel the need to comment, doesn't make them robots or sheep, just means they can't think of anything more profound to say. Go look at any Photo website... hundreds of people saying "Cool picture
" The Human species, flawed as it is , has the need to make some comment... and ATS doesn't allow "Cool picture S&F
" posts so they would have to be silent. Makes it hard to have an active discussion forum if everyone was silent

But seriously it is REALLY stupid to have the arrogance to believe we are the only lifeforms in this Universe

And this thread is already turning into a "They are real!"..."No they are not!" thread

edit on 28-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
And this thread is already turning into a "They are real!"..."No they are not!" thread

No it isn't!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Hmmmm... well I'm preparing for a little chaos, but not too worried. We are at the end of a major cycle and things are going to happen. Everyone has a different path in life... so go with the flow I suppose.

George Kavassilas is a great speaker, can't recommend his stuff enough... and I've been through it all.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kojiro
To be fair, there was a guy around several months ago that asserted that Earth was the only planet in the universe with life. He kept claiming he had indisputable proof that we were alone and was going to post it. I don't think he ever did.

It was not me but...
Has anyone proved we were;nt alone?

Where are the aliens
the spaceships
etc.

All believers got is a faked ufo in jerusalem, that some
people think dropped off jesus or a alien. Which
is a good way to start a cult.

That persons silence speaks for itself.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
To be fair i believe astronomers sat together in the 70 or 80 and asked yhis question: "where r the aliens?"
They came up with 3 scenarios
1. We are truly lucky and alone
2. Were the first to explore space
3. The galatic civilization has not revealed themselves to us

Noone knows which scenario is true

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
4. We are quarantined on this rock till we smarten up. Only then will we get disclosure and get to join the Galactic community

Looking at the daily news... it's going to be a very long time...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

I wouldnt go as far as saying it's stupid - but IMO it's ignorant and some what arrogant given the probability.
I am not saying that there is intelligent life out there but it is an almost definite probability it exists in some shape or form, we have already after all found that planets within the habital zone with our technology (which is not advanced enough) If space was the ocean we currently only look at a grain of sand, to say nothing else could exist is again IMO just ignorant and arrogant - It is like blind faith, which to me is what people who think we are alone are probably following... I wont go in to full detail on why 100% faith in anything including religion and science having the answers of this reality is ridiculous - but put simply, how do we know this reality where you got those answers, experience those experiences, and learned of science and religion is the real one?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
No disrespect OP but daft thread, there was only one way this was going to go and it did.

Its purely a pantomime thread.."Its behind you"...Looks see's nothing....Repeat as wanted.....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
some people got what i said and some didnt.

I never said the sentence ITSELF is stupid. The fact that it is so profound and people use it like chewing gum in every ufo thread makes it stupid.I believe we are not alone. But thats not our subject nor our threads subject.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

some people got what i said and some didnt.

I never said the sentence ITSELF is stupid. The fact that it is so profound and people use it like chewing gum in every ufo thread makes it stupid.I believe we are not alone. But thats not our subject nor our threads subject.

Yes I agree its annoying but it is like it not a 'set' reply for many peoples posts, you can reword it all you like but it's the same thing. I also have pet hates like people who should say "some one just told me blah blah blah" but instead they use "my inside source said" just so it seems to elevate their position on ATS.

The bottom line is whatever they said is more important than the posters self ego boost.

The same with people who claim to have contact with aliens but can never tell us anything important that they said either because they are not allowed to say or the aliens refuse to say, either way your supposed knowledge and acquaintance of these aliens is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Just don't mention these mates of yours, its rubbish..

SIgh, that's the fun with places like ats, so much of what you read is regurgitated dribble that people try and sugar coat, you just have to learn to ignore the nonsense just as much as I try to ignore the rather boring people who think it's the height of hilarity to reply to every ufo report with the words "it was swamp gas, lanterns"..

Oh the laughter I get when I read that, my ribs break every time...................................

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
well it was kinda obvious when i said at the first post "its a rant i know but needed to take it out of my system".

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I just want to point out that scientists DO believe there are intelligent civilizations out there . Thats not hard to believe given simple mathematic equation. The question of are they visiting us is a different story. That is something that they cannot build a model to test on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join