It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by texastig

Every homosexual I have ever encountered I just felt a malevolent presence (and its not cause im a bigot). Weird vibes, if you want to call it that. They live in constant fear of retribution (And where do you think this comes from), rude to others, overtly sexual because they give into their desires of the flesh. Which is the destruction of the Flesh.

This is why they are the enemies of God unless, they are delivered through repentance and acceptance of the truth,

And most will never seek to know it because, they are, and choose live a lie.

Another hateful religous person
who seems to know how all gays feel! I know plenty of gay people, and most of them are decent,kind, funny people. How many gay people do you know?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Unfortunately much like Brighton, Bournemouth is a big gay resort therefore you cannot help but hear about such events.

Listen mate I know you think I am some Gay hating 'chav' as you call me but I do actually tolerate gays. I don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't involve me. I am all for gay rights, hey at the end of the day we are all people. Every one should enjoy the same benefits as each other.

You have assumed that I am totally homophobic- my only gripe is that straight people are often treated poorly if they are open about their views of oppostion to homosexuality. Just like you and many others are quick to label me as a bigot, when you do not even know me! Makes me laugh.

Fairplay to the kids down your way, I only use mine to see the misses as thanks to the crippling fuel prices that is all I can afford to use it for.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by Jay-morris
So incest is ok? Because if you go by the fairytale book, thats what happened!

Incest? What do you mean? The Bible isn't a fairytale. Critical New Testament Scholars believed that Paul the Apostle wrote at least six of his epistles. Paul met James, John and Peter.

So, where did we pop up from? Adam and eve were the first humans on this planet right? So how did they populate?

Yes, a fairy tale. There is no evidence whatsoever that anything in the bible is true. Nothing!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

All I can say is your looking skin deep and not morally (which becomes your actions). Dick Cheney could act like the nicest person if you didn't know who he was. Truly.

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

And I said earlier that I would carry out his command if it seemed logical and if I believed the source was truly God. If some entity commanded me to kill my child, I would do everything in my power to kill that entity! That is not a God that would command such a thing.

Well, if you happen to be talking about the God of the Old Testament, read on.
Take note, these are from the New International Version of the Holy Bible.

Numbers 16:35: 35: "And fire came out from the LORD and consumed the 250 men who were offering the incense."

Numbers 21:6: "6 Then the LORD sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died."

Leviticus 26:7-8: "7 You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. 8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you. "

Exodus 4:22-23: "22 Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son, 23 and I told you, “Let my son go, so he may worship me.” But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.’” "

Ezekiel 20:26: "26 I defiled them through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.’ "

Leviticus 26:29: "29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."

Jeremiah 19:9: "9 I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another’s flesh because their enemies will press the siege so hard against them to destroy them.’"

Genesis 38:9-10: "9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the LORD’s sight; so the LORD put him to death also."

From these passages alone, I would say God is bloodthirsty from the word go. So, God telling people to kill? I would say, based on the facts, yes, he does tell people to kill. Check this quote:

It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered. The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9). This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person. Murder, rape, pillage, plunder, slavery, and child abuse can not be justified by saying that some god says it’s OK. If more people would actually sit down and read the Bible there would be a lot more atheists like myself.

Evil Bible.com

In a court of law, God would be found guilt of murder.

link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Another hateful religous person
who seems to know how all gays feel! I know plenty of gay people, and most of them are decent,kind, funny people. How many gay people do you know?

I know alot of them and they can't keep their hands of people and they can't stop talking dirty to people also.
Hateful just because I disagree with a perverted lifestyle behavior? Will you join me in helping homosexuals out of the homosexual lifestyle? They have the highest rate of sexual diseases.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey

Unfortunately much like Brighton, Bournemouth is a big gay resort therefore you cannot help but hear about such events.

Listen mate I know you think I am some Gay hating 'chav' as you call me but I do actually tolerate gays. I don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't involve me. I am all for gay rights, hey at the end of the day we are all people. Every one should enjoy the same benefits as each other.

You have assumed that I am totally homophobic- my only gripe is that straight people are often treated poorly if they are open about their views of oppostion to homosexuality. Just like you and many others are quick to label me as a bigot, when you do not even know me! Makes me laugh.

Fairplay to the kids down your way, I only use mine to see the misses as thanks to the crippling fuel prices that is all I can afford to use it for.

I tell you what gets me. We live in a world full of child abusers, rapists, murderers, basically alot of people that want to hurt you and you family in some horrible way. These are the people i worry about. These are the people that worry me everytime my wife goes outside on her own.

If only people could see the true evil in this world, and not throw all there hate onto people that dont want to hurt you, or your family.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Christians don't follow the Old Testament laws, that was for Jews.

Tell that to the godman

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." Luke 16:17

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
In a court of law, God would be found guilt of murder.

That is hogwash. Those people were sinning and God is a God of righteousness and judgment. Your taking things out of context. Atheists are just parasites on the back of Christians.
edit on 2/28/2011 by texastig because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The "snippet" of an article says, **the couple withdrew their petition, because the Social Worker didn't agree with their religious views***
They WERE NOT denied adoption due to their religious views!!!!

Social workers are under a tough job, trying to place thousands of children into truely loving and caring homes.
It is a very hard job, and it is not all black and white when it comes to policies. Alot has to do with LIFE!!! Faith and religion DO NOT dictate if a child is gay or not, and as an adoptive parent, you are OBLIGATED to love and support that child NO MATTER WHAT!

If "that couple" is against homosexuality, what would they do to "the adopted child" grows up to be gay? Give it back? beat it? WHAt?

Obviously the "couple" knew they could not LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY any child! 1 of the Ten Commandments clearly states to Love Thy Neighbor ...this means simply put...LOVE and DO NOT JUDGE!!!!

You can read your Bible, and spout the scriptures, but you MISS the True Meaning Of God!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It says nothing about them being the first people on earth. It says,

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And to clarify a common mistake buy made out of lack of understanding,

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Time is not linear as we perceive.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by The Djin

You obviously have no concept of who the Living God is. This is the kind of stupidity that turns you away from it in the beginning. Who are you looking to be God. So to speak. Its your entire manifestation of life and chronicles there of. And God is the Son from, like it says, Before the foundations of all these things.

No I obviously have not and without proof never will, spouting meaningless biblical sounding drivel does not in anyway impress me but only raise my gorge further in sight of your lack of reason.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Rubbish! and i think you are lying. I have been around many gay people because my brother and sister are gay. I live in kemp town, which is a gay village in Brighton. Me and my wife have had no problems here, none whatsoever. Also know many gay people in London and yarmouth. Yes, you will get gay idiots, like you get straight idiots, but i truely believe you are lying. You have sinned!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Who says so ? An invisible misogynistic bigot that lives in the sky by any chance ?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you can only have a child with a man and woman.

Plenty of same sex couples have children so you are clearly wrong there my friend .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

The reason that we have a sex drive to start with is primariily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender (not with harmonicas, fiddles, or tubas).

Clearly this cannot be completely true because homosexuals don't normally have sex with the same gender in order to reproduce.

Perhaps as an evolving species our thoughts on "primarily " need to adjust.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Because like I said you do not. You do as the Pharaoh had, hardened his heart against the Lord.

And the knowledge of the Most High. I doubt you really do much to bring yourself out of your pit of lack of understanding. You see at as drivel, I see it as the inspired Word of God because It was and is the truth, all along whether you believe it or not, its the unbelievable truth, I've seen in the spirit and its 1000 times what any flesh mind would understand, or live by for that matter, except one, and this is why he is.

Demons and evil spirits are too real for you to believe and that means God is as well. And once again I know from experience, and seeing first hand.

God said I am what I am. Because it is simple.
edit on 28-2-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Tell that to the godman

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." Luke 16:17

Your not even a Christian and your telling me what that Bible says? Your out of context as usual. Jesus fulfilled the law. We only have to laws now, 1. Love the Lord your God and 2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Daily Mail is a rightwing nutjob tabloid who love to twist these kind of non-news human interest stories in order to get their mindless readership into one frothing frenzy after another.

The only reason their readers aren't calling this couple "monkeys" in the comments section of the website is because they've got bigger fish to fry in this story - homosexuality trumps race.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Who says so ? An invisible misogynistic bigot that lives in the sky by any chance ?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you can only have a child with a man and woman.

Plenty of same sex couples have children so you are clearly wrong there my friend .

That's hogwash dude. Do you think I'm stupid? A man and a man cannot bear a child from a womb cause they don't have one. A woman needs a man to have a child. I really thought you were smart, because you took a biology class in school.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You believe in yourself and of your existence but you deny to know anything further than what you see.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join