It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran objects to 2012 London Olympics logo, Say emblem is racist, spells the word "Zion"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Sith?

Has anyone else pointed out that you can arrange the numbers 2012 in any font to get zion.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
All I can say is that at least we have Gog and Magog to protect London in 2012

Now it'll be interesting if the giant statues (Gog and Magog) in the guildhall play any part of the ceremonies.. as that'll be w wicked joke to freak a few people out

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

If they take the zion out of Arizona all that is left is ARA...wake up, don't make more of something than it already is. Golly, is Iran really than dumb? Take the Iran out of Arizona and all you have is zoa...Grow UP!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A lot of people think that Iran is crazy for making a big deal out of this but i don't blame them.
There seems to be a lot symbolism involved with the 2012 olympics and i sure ain't looking forward to it to see how things turn out.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The logo is ugly as hell - agreed.

They object to something so trivial... in the same time having not the greatest political situation in the world. Dictator/authoritarian regime imprisoning opposition members, shooting tear gas at protesters. Well let me say that I object to police state and ignoring civil rights in Iran!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ok, now they are complaining about everything

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
wow...and people think americans are delusional...looks like 2012 to me...not zion...but for that type of money, it should have been better thought out, it's just plain ugly.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Those who say it can't say Zion have no imagination, not that it takes much to see it does in fact say zion. The 2s are not identical and there is a dot for the i. The other 2 is a N on its side. It's pretty clear. The reson behind this or if it was purposely done I do not know.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
The numerals are pretty clear , and theres no language in the known UNIVERSE that translates that post cubism horror story, into even a blindmans representation of the word Zion. Now and again I find myself very understanding of Arab attitudes to the realities of the world, and other times, like this for instance, I find myself flabbergasted by some nations capacity to see a dagger in a bunch of flowers.

Your understanding still seems very limited seeing as Iranians aren't Arabs. Besides, plenty of Brits and Americans are seeing the word Zion in this too.

Edit: imo if someone did want to secretively plan something big to go down during the London Olympics, the last thing they'd be doing is dropping hints.
edit on 1-3-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wait a minute...the first "2" in the logo with the word London in it, looks a bit like an "L".
Maybe it's more than one word being represented here.

It could read as:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d8b537a404b.jpg[/atsimg]

IN

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8eec41e6efbe.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da9254e61c7e.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmmm....could Bob Marley the prophet is coming back in 2012?!
Get your bongs ready, folks.

- Lee
edit on 1-3-2011 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Logo came out in 2007..they took their time seeing something that aint there

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
wait the machines...errr muslims are zion deniers. viva la neo

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a few others said it, That logo is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. I used to work in corporate gifts and the sort, and I dealt with logos en masse, but I have to say that

The London 2012 Olympic Games logo is THE UGLIEST LOGO ever! I think they got ripped off. Arent there people who approve this sort of #? Whatever, I dont really care about the olympics anyways. Too much hype, and not enough sport.

sickening.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
sure i agree it's an ugly logo - but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it - there are bigger things going on in the world to worry about some over expensive logo that's been badly designed. who really takes much notice of logo's anyhow - we're bombarded with them at every turn.
edit - they'd have been better off letting some schools submit designs - a lot more cost effective for the tax payer.
edit on 1-3-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I can see where it could be misinterpreted. But come on...600,000 pounds for THAT?!?! What?? That is a crazy price for very ugly work. The people in the UK should be pissed off and embarrassed that there government spent so much on such low quality work!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Iran objects to 2012 London Olympics logo, Say emblem is racist, spells the word "Zion"

www.alarabiya.net

Iran have protested against the already controversial logo of the 2012 Olympic Games, saying the emblem is racist and spells the word "Zion,"

The jagged, multi-coloured emblem, which reportedly cost 400,000 pounds (nearly 650,000 dollars) features four bold numerals representing 2012, with the signature Olympic Rings emblazoned within the digit zero.

Organisers have defended the logo, saying it is "modern, bold, flexible" aimed at reaching out to youngsters.
Sebastian Coe unveiled the log
(visit the link for the full news article)

I dont care if it says my name....its ugly. And they paid an absurd amount of money to produce it. Therefore, they are either profoundly stupid, or deceptive.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

If Iran will be participating in the Olympics then we can discuss their concerns about the symbol.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The only thing offensive about the logo is how ugly it is. Reminds me of some crappy eighties font with neon vomit color scheme. Don't the Iranians have better things to do right now anyway? Like oppress the popular uprisings that were formed in the crucible of extreme discontent...just saying.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What a ridiculous: A) headline B) premise

"Iran have protested".. uh, no..

There are (looks it up) some 72,903,921 Iranians.. as far as I can tell only ONE of them is complaining.. it wasn't even a formal "protest" or "official poo-poo"... some dude on an Iranian "committee" of whatever expressed an opinion in a letter sent to some other dude on some other "committee".. lol..

Yup, one letter from one guy = the opinion of "Iran".. makes perfect sense.

For the record.. US govt officials / dear party leaders, so called.. and or US zip code based committee clowns of any flavor.. do not represent me. If the "US" protests something or expresses an opinion.. I probably think it's either total BS, an inflated lie, or laughable political-jerk-off propaganda.. I would imagine quite a few Iranians et al feel the same.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Looks like the 80's wiped it's butt with that logo.

Really hard.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join