It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolfowitz rebukes Israelis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Former Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz, echoing his former Bush Administration colleague and fellow neocon Elliott Abrams, sharply rebuked Israeli leaders for what his interviewer on CNN today, Fareed Zakaria, described as "nostalgia" for fallen Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.

"It's crazy. The Israelis should welcome what's happened in Egypt," Wolfowitz said. "If only cynically, I mean, they -- instead of associating themselves with a dead, doomed regime, they should try to find allies in Egypt. And I would assume there are millions of Egyptians who do not want to restart a war with Israel. and Mubarak wasn't such a great bargain. He filled the Egyptian state-controlled media with anti-American junk, with anti-Israeli, even with violently anti-Semitic junk. So -- but the nostalgia -- I think the nostalgia is misplaced, but it's completely irrelevant now. They and we should be thinking about the future. "

Something none of us political junkies would have expected, a staunch Neocon has taken a position which is not in line with that of the state of Israel. We all know that the Neoconservatives of both political parties are aligned with the thugs at the AIPAC and the Israeli government but now apparently the two have parted ways, at least on this issue.

While I would argue the Neoconservatives are obviously correct in their analogy of the situation and that Israel is just dreaming of the past, I just never would have thought the two would ever argue or disagree about anything.

And the answer is NO to anyone who has the slightest hope that division might be forming between the Neocons and the Zionists.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Interesting but he is only a Former Deputy Secretary of Defense..
Now if a current official said a similar thing it would be more newsworthy IMHO..

Seems these guys only have a true opinion once they have left politics...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Don't see how this is really explosive or anything. I'm sure most in the Israeli government are thinking the "dont cry over spilled milk (Mubarak?)" thing too at this point in time.

edit on 27-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

new topics

join