It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Geological Survey Says Magnetic Pole Shift May Be Forthcoming!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by jamesdouble07
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Watch out for vacations? The US Govt is about to shut down because of budget disagreements. The plan likely to be accepted only provides for 2 weeks.

This is why I love this site - interesting theory.

So...they'll only need to be underground for two weeks in order to be safe. It's all starting to come together.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tony360
has anyone been getting more electric shocks? i have been getting them so frequent lately sometimes when my wife and i touch and i get a lot of electric cracking sounds when i take off my clothes. i have had them before but man not as much as i do now! its like everyday i come home take off my clothes and its like a little thunder storm.

edit on 28-2-2011 by tony360 because: to fix

I have been encountering the same thing the past few weeks. I've been experiencing more static electricity than usual, even during this time of year than in previous years, and even outdoors, which I never experienced before.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

No shutdown

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tony360
has anyone been getting more electric shocks? i have been getting them so frequent lately sometimes when my wife and i touch and i get a lot of electric cracking sounds when i take off my clothes. i have had them before but man not as much as i do now! its like everyday i come home take off my clothes and its like a little thunder storm.

edit on 28-2-2011 by tony360 because: to fix

Has it been colder and drier than usual where you live? Lower humidity in winter months will cause the air to be drier and that would create more static electricity. If it has been a more than unusual colder winter in your area that would explain all the static electricity, it's a normal thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbydazzler

It's not the close approach that is raising concern here, that will happen October 18th... it's the galactic alignment tht will take place that day.

On March 15th Elenin, Earth and the Sun will be perfectly aligned, in that order. If Elenin is a Brown Dwarf as some have speculated, it's mass in combination with this alignment "would" cause major Coronal Mass Ejections from our Sun which would be conveniently directed towards us.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Elenin will be at opposition on March 14th, not the 15th. Does that still count?
cs.astronomy.com...

To be a brown dwarf Elenin would have to be at least 13 times mass of Jupiter (by definition). It would have to be very large. It is now well inside the orbit of Jupiter. In the night sky, if you look roughly in the vicinity of Saturn you will be looking toward Elenin. Do you see anything (other than Saturn)? Do you remember how bright Jupiter was last summer? If an object larger than Jupiter were closer than Jupiter it would be very, very bright in the night sky. You need a telescope to see Elenin now. Elenin is not a brown dwarf.

Is there any particular reason people want to believe there is something special about this comet? We'll be lucky if it even attains naked eye visibility. I thought fear of comets went out with the dark ages.
edit on 2/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage always the voice of reason. You my friend are the Spock of ATS using logic and facts to trounce ignorance.

I cant believe someone said Elenin was a brown dwarf, yes I can this is ATS!!

Or maybe it is one of those brown dwarfs with a cloaking device.

edit on 28-2-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage

I missed your insights, thank you for returning. I'm no expert on the SAA, electromagnetic fields or comets so please step in with you opinion on a beginners experimentI tried for a bit. I was concerned over all the bird and fish die offs, concerned that extreme anomalies were occurring in various places causing havoc. Sooo, I thought I'd monitor flunctuationsmyself by placing a good quality compass next to my bed all lined up and monitor it for deviations. It was placed away from all electronics though I do have wi fi, don't know if that counts. Anyhow, for a period of 2 weeks I would see it deviate wildly from time to time, rocking back and forth in a big way for anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. It got to the point I just didn't want to see it happen anymore, it made me worry a bit too much.

I understand that the area up above the SAA literally allows more radiation, etc , could the flunctuations I was seeing mean that there's smaller openings, perhaps temporary that are occurring all around the world from time to time? Or, tongue in cheek, mayhaps I have ghosts, lol. I really missed you on the board, welcome back, I hope one day to witness a debate between you and Zorgon, I'd be willing to pay for admission, seriously.

Thanks,

STM

edit on 2/28/2011 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

Hhaha really someone's dream, it's funny you read so much stuff around here and sometimes just assume stuff as fact...good to know anyway thanks.
edit on 1-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

In Boulder, Colorado (and many other places) there is a very sensitive instrument which measures the Earth's magnetic field. If something occurring in the field were strong enough to affect your compass it would drive that instrument absolutely bonkers. While we did have a geomagnetic storm a while ago it was quite minor and unlikely to affect a pocket compass.

I don't know what made your compass behave that way (and I would rather not speculate) but it was most likely some localized effect.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

And thank you.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbydazzler

Here are the specs for the comet, in March it will cross the plane of the ecliptic prompting some to speculate it will cause a pole shift, but only IF its a brown dwarf that's mistaken for a comet. In late October early November the earth will pass thru the debris field just behind the comet leading some to speculate that we would be hit by something.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov.../2010%20X1;orb=1;cov=0;log=0;cad=0#orb

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A brown dwarf does not need to be large, it needs to have a large mass, which is not the same thing, a pound of sand looks quite different from a pound of iron. secondly, the comet is below the ecliptic at this time so unless you're in the southern hemisphere I wouldn't expect to see it until after mid March. I would not expect to see a brown dwarf anyway as they do not emit light and would be poor reflectors. It's probably nothing anyway, but I suppose the worst case scenario is always possible and sometimes preferred.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by proulx58

A brown dwarf, like a star, is composed of gases. A gaseous object with 13 times the mass of Jupiter must be larger than jupiter.

The comet is in Virgo/Leo, in the vicinity of Saturn, rising a few hours before. If you can see Saturn you could see Elenin. I can see Saturn. I cannot see Elenin because it is too small and dim. Those with good telescopes can see it.

Jupiter does not emit light either.

edit on 3/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Btw I just looked up the 15th of march and came across this weeklyworldnews.com... If that is true then that is going to suck!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichyT
Btw I just looked up the 15th of march and came across this weeklyworldnews.com... If that is true then that is going to suck!

Of course Obama announced that he's extended the government shutdown until March 18th so I guess after the pole shift on March 15th we won't need either a government or Facebook. (and for all you out there on ATS....I'm just kidding, so chill.)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jamesdouble07

David Rockefeller is spending March in New Delhi with over 24 relatives? Source

And Warren Buffet and Bill and Melissa Gates are will be in India too? Source - And another

The Himalaya would be an ideal place to go to avoid water, no? Also, is there another potential government shutdown on the 14th? And my husband tells me that the Richie Rich's of the NFL are potentially shutting down on March 11th. Hmmm...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join