It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the evolutionists will win.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Actually religions are not losing members. That is only your opinion and you cannot back up that claim.

Actually, I can back up that claim with numbers

Religions losing members

Actually that article is about people who don't have a SPECIFIC religious identity. You are grasping for straws if you are making the leap that they are claiming atheism. It is only a move away from the traditional religion title.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Our "leap of faith" (lol) consists of a fossil record that matches perfectly, DNA analysis which also fits perfectly, and migratory paters that also fit perfectly.

Compared to the bible's "talking snake incest creationism" story, it's got a ridiculous amount of evidence backing it up...and over the last 150 years, it hasn't been debunked as you claim. It wouldn't still be called a theory if it were

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Actually religions are not losing members. That is only your opinion and you cannot back up that claim.

Religions losing members

Actually that article is about people who don't have a SPECIFIC religious identity. You are grasping for straws if you are making the leap that they are claiming atheism. It is only a move away from the traditional religion title.

You do realize that if the amount of atheists as a percentage of the overall population increases, the amount of believers has to decrease, right? For crying out loud, please try to think logically!

And NO, it they're talking about people with NO religious identity...it even says so in the title
Sorry to burst your bubble...

And of course there's more hard evidence showing dropping numbers of religious people. More specifically Catholics and Protestants in the US have been facing dropping number for years now

LINK

edit on 27-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The same can be said about evolution.

How on earth can evolution be used as a weapon? It makes no claims regarding genocide!!

I didn't say anything about a weapon. Your imagination came up with that.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Religions losing members

You do realize that if the amount of atheists as a percentage of the overall population increases, the amount of believers has to decrease, right? For crying out loud, please try to think logically!

And NO, it they're talking about people with NO religious identity...it even says so in the title

"While there are more atheists than ever before, polls show that atheism's percentages seems to be declining."

atheist numbers declining

Atheists only make up 2.32% of the world. You're not making any ground

atheist numbers

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Christianity/religion and creationism/evolution/science are not mutually exclusive:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Religions losing members

And of course there's more hard evidence showing dropping numbers of religious people. More specifically Catholics and Protestants in the US have been facing dropping number for years now

LINK

Good thing they phone interviewed 1,029 people.

"Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,029 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted xMay 3-6, 2010."
edit on 27-2-2011 by six67seven because: spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Our "leap of faith" (lol) consists of a fossil record that matches perfectly, DNA analysis which also fits perfectly, and migratory paters that also fit perfectly.

Compared to the bible's "talking snake incest creationism" story, it's got a ridiculous amount of evidence backing it up...and over the last 150 years, it hasn't been debunked as you claim. It wouldn't still be called a theory if it were

I hope you are talking about microevolution. If you are not... you got a lot of explaining to do.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Viewing all religions and all the stories in them through your cultural lens can actually blind you to what is being said. This is a consistent problem people have when arguing what "religionists" believe or what "that book" says.

It is quite easy to point out that the culturally accepted interpretation of the beginning of Genesis is seriously flawed. That is the interpretation you've been taught - "snake and incest genesis" but that isn't the only interpretation, and it is actually th one with the least amount of support in the document itself. The story is shared by the Torah, and this interpretation is certainly not consistent with traditional Jewish interpretation.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

That's because large parts of the world are impoverished, and don't have access to proper education. It's very easy for religious leaders to control those people...

If you check in the western world where it's easy to get good education, it looks VERY different (according to your own article):

- UK: 39% atheists, and a further 21% agnostic
- Sweden: 80% atheists
- Norway: 26% atheists, 22% "don't know"
- France: 33% atheists, 14% agnostic, 26% "indifferent"
- Spain: 17% atheists
- Russia: 30% atheists...but only 8% go to church!

A 2004 survey by the CIA in the World Factbook estimates about 12.5% of the world's population are non-religious, and about 2.4% are atheists.

So 12.5% say they don't know if there's a god or not...so agnostics. Which makes sense given that we have ZERO evidence that would suggest there's a deity. And 2.4% are atheists...love how you selectively quoted only the 2.4% figure. Either way, it's easily explainable by the fact that the majority of the world is poor and doesn't have access to proper education...very easy to control those people.

As for the US:

A 2004 survey by the Pew Research Center showed that in the United States, 12% of people under 30 and 6% of people over 30 could be characterized as non-religious.

These figures show a remarkable trend. It seems that over time, the amount of non-religious people seems to increase. Younger generations are less likely to be believers...

And this article is based on the Church's own numbers!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I hope you are talking about microevolution. If you are not... you got a lot of explaining to do.

I'll let Wikipedia explain it...we've observed speciation (aka macroevolution) in real life

PROOF

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't have a religion and I am an atheist are actually two different things.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Of course they aren't. Even if you don't follow a major religion, if you believe in a deity you are pretty much creating your own personal religion. Which of course also isn't based on objective evidence...but still a religion. So how can you be a non-believer and still not be an atheist?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Of course they aren't. Even if you don't follow a major religion, if you believe in a deity you are pretty much creating your own personal religion. Which of course also isn't based on objective evidence...but still a religion. So how can you be a non-believer and still not be an atheist?

You're confabulating that being a non-believer is the same thing as being an atheist.

Many people who have no religion are not creating their own religion. A religion is a social construct of shared belief. Lack of belief cannot be confabulated with rejection of belief.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Many people who have no religion are not creating their own religion.

Maybe what they meant was that many who have no religion are creating their own gods.... themselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
reply to post by Aeons

Maybe what they meant was that many who have no religion are creating their own gods.... themselves.

I suspect psychological defense for conflict. I have no opinion, so I'm not taking any side.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
reply to post by Aeons

Why themselves? There's all sorts of people create their own religions and believe in personal deities. Few people in history believed they were gods...Egyptian pharaos did, the french "Sun" king did, and a few others. There's a guy in the US who believes he's the reincarnation of Jesus, but I'm not aware of anyone claiming they're god.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If God exists and he created the universe, you're damn right we should talk all about the rules in the bible, as they would be the most relevant rules on earth.
edit on 26-2-2011 by six67seven because: grammar

I have a problem with this statement. even IF there is a god, and i don't discount the possibility despite the odds being against that likelihood , but if there is a god that still doesn't give any credence to the bible, the torah, the Q'ran or any other "book of god" because they were all written by men. Men who gained power over others by telling them how "god" wanted them to live.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The elitist no very well their is a God. The know of the truth about Christ. They know he is the redeemer. they are enemies of God and mankind. They want you to believe they are atheists and/or believe in evolution. That's part of the agenda.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The elitist no very well their is a God. The know of the truth about Christ.

That would require us to have objective evidence of his existence...which we don't have

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join