It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can’t Avoid Genetically Engineered Foods

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

there is no food shortage on the planet just the TCOTBIP artificially induced scarcity in order to jack up prices.

there is no food shortage on the planet just a shortage of humanity when it comes to sharing/distributing

there is NO overpopulation problem!!!!

the only creatures that see a problem are those who seek to enslave and dominate and are concerned that there are too many of us to effectively control.

so stop spreading disinfo/lies for your masters.

when your usefulness as dupe/disinfo agent is over, what makes you think they won't get rid of you too
unless you happen to be a large shareholder of GMO promoting Corps.

you are promoting the genocide and mass extermination of billions, which means that in my book you are,not a human being,

you are a monster,period, and noted.

getting back on topic
i do hope that everyone else on this thread has seen the following thread by Sunsword:

USDA Senior Scientist Sends “Emergency” Warning to US Secretary of Agriculture

Dear Secretary Vilsack: A team of senior plant and animal scientists have recently brought to my attention the discovery of an electron microscopic pathogen that appears to significantly impact the health of plants, animals, and probably human beings. Based on a review of the data, it is widespread, very serious...This is highly sensitive information that could result in a collapse of US soy and corn export markets and significant disruption of domestic food and feed supplies. On the other hand, this new organism may already be responsible for significant harm (see below)...This previously unknown organism is only visible under an electron microscope (36,000X), with an approximate size range equal to a medium size virus. It is able to reproduce and appears to be a micro-fungal-like organism. If so, it would be the first such micro-fungus ever identified. There is strong evidence that this infectious agent promotes diseases of both plants and mammals, which is very rare...Laboratory tests have confirmed the presence of this organism in a wide variety of livestock that have experienced spontaneous abortions and infertility. Preliminary results from ongoing research have also been able to reproduce abortions in a clinical setting...I have studied plant pathogens for more than 50 years. We are now seeing an unprecedented trend of increasing plant and animal diseases and disorders. This pathogen may be instrumental to understanding and solving this problem. It deserves immediate attention with significant resources to avoid a general collapse of our critical agricultural infrastructure. Sincerely, COL (Ret.) Don M. Huber Emeritus Professor, Purdue University APS Coordinator, USDA National Plant Disease Recovery System (NPDRS)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

please post one or more source that proves your claims.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

It's well know (to those wanting to know) and demonstrated that GM foods severely damage animals when eaten. Do you want to believe you're that much less susceptible to health damage than these animals?

GM foods are particularly dangerous for pregnant mothers and children (hello Nestle baby formula).

After GM soy was fed to female rats, most of their babies died—compared to a 10% deaths among controls fed natural soy. Testicles of rats fed GM soy changed from the normal pink to dark blue. Mice fed GM soy had altered young sperm. Embryos of GM soy-fed parent mice had changed DNA.

Monsanto's GM corn and cotton are engineered to produce a built-in pesticide called Bt-toxin—produced from bacteria. When bugs bite the plant, poison splits open their stomach and kills them.

At least two dozen US farmers had thousands of pigs become sterile from certain GM corn varieties. Some had false pregnancies while others gave birth to bags of water. Cows and bulls also became infertile. Avantis' StarLink experimental Bt Corn was especially horrific.

The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) has called on all physicians to prescribe diets without GM foods to all patients. They called for a moratorium on GMOs, long-term independent studies, and labeling. They stated, "Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food," including infertility, immune problems, accelerated aging, insulin regulation, and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system. "There is more than a casual association between GM foods and adverse health effects. There is causation..."

GMO safety expert Arpad Pusztai says changes in immune status are "a consistent feature of all the [animal] studies." From Monsanto's own research to government funded trials, rodents fed Bt corn had significant immune reactions.

And about the "ensure it's safe to eat" comment? That's pretty naive considering the entire economy revolves around and requires profit to be made from problems. The fact that this GM food will eventually break down your body and make you sick is when the real money is to be made. That company I mentioned, Avantis, they're a pharmaceutical company. They will gladly address your future medical conditions.

For more information (again, for those that actually want to know) read Jeffery Smith's Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies About the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods, and Genetic Roulette: The Documented Health Risks of Genetically Engineered Foods.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I think I'm gonna eat rocks!
are those genetically altered?

chill out , we'll die ANYWAY in one day!
sooner or later who gives a f...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

WOW, a monster just for expressing my personal opinion! If you want to debate this subject instead of just throwing out an endless stream of ad hominems (which is the first sign of a REAL disinfo agent), let me know... Until then, keep you silly name calling aimed at some other direction. This is ATS, and there are rules against this type of childish behavior. Acting like a troll neither proves your point, nor does it make you right. It just makes you a troll.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Regarding your quoted material:

So...because of the adoption of monocrops we are susceptible to seeing massive crop deaths similar to that which caused the great famine in ireland?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I think I'm gonna eat rocks!
are those genetically altered?

chill out , we'll die ANYWAY in one day!
sooner or later who gives a f...

The absolute perfect example of apathy in action.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

I tell you what. You tell me what you have a problem with and I'll explain it. Otherwise, I'm not going to source every post I make unless its somewhat controversial.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

"NO OVERPOPULATION" :
yeas actually WE ARE MAKING LESS CHILDREN , FERTILITY IS DECLINING!
That's a big problem in itself!
few working humans = lower standards in EVERYTHING!
that's the GIGANTIC future problem believe me!
what we eat is meaningless...

RUSIA is loosing 700000-800000 citizens each year!
How about that?
AND IT'S NOT FROM THE FOOD THEY EAT!

geography.about.com...
" The primary causes of Russia's population decrease and loss of about 700,000 to 800,000 citizens each year are a high death rate, low birth rate, high rate of abortions, and a low level of immigration. "

This is happening TODAY and in every place on earth!
good day!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Buy organic if you don't want GMO. As long as the organic label is protected, there will be a healthy, clean option. So you can avoid GM foods.

Rats fed GM corn over the course of months have been shown to have much higher mortality rates than rats fed natural corn.

I don't buy the argument that GMO is required in order to feed the world. Even if you do spend a lot of time and money producing weed resistant and insect resistant plants, the weeds and insects adapt, making the time, money and energy into producing those GM produces useless. Just look at antibiotic resistant bacteria, it's the same idea. It's something like 70% of all antibiotics used in America go to farm animals. We're digging ourselves into a pit when these things adapt, and we have no way of stopping it. We're creating bacteria from our negligent food practices that are killing people.

If we farmed organically, the methods of pest and weed reduction don't diminish over time like our current "high tech" solutions do. Instead of separating cows so they don't transmit disease, which would be an "organic" solution, we don't touch that issue, but instead just shove pills down their throats.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

sorry for that !
I have STILL a right to personal opinions!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

fair enough, some proof is all i wanted, i dont jump into band wagons easily.

DevolutionEvolvd i replied to the wrong post
edit on 26-2-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It gets very interesting when you consider the over population arguement.

If there is no over population to speak of, the GMO trends are disturbing to say the least.

Even if overpopulation drives the production of GMO's, it still doesn't make them the correct solution to solve the problem, especially if allows us all to live like zombies.
edit on 26-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
Buy organic if you don't want GMO. As long as the organic label is protected, there will be a healthy, clean option. So you can avoid GM foods.

Quite right, organic is the way we should go...however, we cannot be sure our organically grown crops have not been compromised by cross-pollinization by GMO abominations.

Not only have measures been taken to try and weaken the strict rules for oranic labeling but I recall reading that thousands of years old strains of native corn in Central America suddenly showed signs of aberrant growth (twisted stalks, tufted growing points, abnormal ears) and when DNA tested it showed that GMO crap had managed to find its way hundreds if not thousands of miles away from the original source to taint this pure, stable corn.

There is already legislation on the books that can take away our right to grow our own food, the time will come sooner or later when the veggie police will come a-knocking at your door with a GoogleEarth printout of your plot and a can or RoundUp in hand to remove the offending greenery.

I was aghast to see the incredible detail available to anyone with interest to be had on GoogleEarth. I could even see the color of my petunias, FFS.

Still my suggestion to all who can...learn to grow it yourself! I'm ahead of the learning curve in both vegetative and meat production for my area, and all I can say is-if you can--make sure you do!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

sure go running to somebody higher up and get me banned, that'll shut me up real quick and leave you a clear field for your your nonsense.

instead of debating your actions are quite telling did you read the link [which you've failed to comment on]

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

if this info is correct, i guess so

oh and this Vilecrap person at the head of USDA is a Monsteranto Tool. so don't expect any help from there or the USDA
as posted on my 1st thread:
USDA Certified Organic’s Dirty Little Secret: Neotame

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
lol
in the same breath we all recognise the firtility rates are dropping
but say that it has nothing to do with GMOs
that over the same period is infultrating the food supply
and NO ONE has answered about one giant mono crop
having a massive failure all in one season
genetic diversity in a species allows for some crop to always survive
what happens when a homo genius crop fails?

ANSWERS?

large segments of the population go out of business
they no longer grow food
prices rise, profits hop, dont look now depreasions back
and starvation or gm will be the only option at that point

ANSWERS?

xploder
how do you keep yourself safe from food?
everybodys has to eat
why allow a monopoly to control your country from the inside
WHY IS IT NOT OBVIOUS
national security = food security
hence the take over of food supplys in an emergency

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
long live bush , obama and WHO KNOWS IS NEXT...
www.zshare.net...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You really need to get a grip... If I had gone to staff, you post would already be gone. And as far as your link goes, maybe if you had actually tried an approach other than a personal attack I might have taken the time to read your link instead of dismissing your post in it's entiretly... Now stop with the personal attacks or I WILL have no choice but to get staff involved. People like you are the problem with this site and society in general. Instead of discussing or debating an issue, you'd rather just belittle and berate anyone who disagrees with you. Newsflash: THE UNIVERSE DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU AND YOU DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING! In fact, based on your writing style, it is apparent that your formal education is quite lacking...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join