It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can’t Avoid Genetically Engineered Foods

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
True dat Virt....

Vegetables ... are supposed to be good for you, yet studies have shown that certain GM foods are actualy toxic to the liver, ... who knows what other side effects they have, as all the big money is invested in proving their safe.

makes you wonder, ... living in a constant state of autoimmune toxicity, ... i wonder what the human body is actualy capable of clean.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

for a couple of ideas read:

Lost Legacy (1941) is a novella by science fiction writer Robert A. Heinlein. It was collected in the book Assignment in Eternity (1953). The novella is an exploration of the possibilities that people, with the proper training, have the potential to make use of a wide range of telepathic and telekinetic abilities. It is based on the presumption that most, if not all, humans have innate psychic abilities, but simply don't know it and therefore do not make use of them. This ignorance is encouraged by a mysterious and powerful cabal which benefits from keeping people unaware of their abilities.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
< snip >
makes you wonder, ... living in a constant state of autoimmune toxicity, ... i wonder what the human body is actualy capable of clean.

It sort of makes me wonder...'Gee, could this be one of the biggest reasons we are seeing such an explosion of autoimmune disorders? (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Chron's, eczema, psoriasis, some diabetes, fibromyalgia, ulcerative colitis, etc.)'

If you have ever had any of them or watched someone you love suffer from them, it sharpens the anger and frustration over the whole subject.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Good point. Between the additives in our food supply, as covered in one of my previous threads, here: www.abovetopsecret.com... and GMO's, I'm sure there is a huge impact to our health.

reply to post by czygyny

edit on 26-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yes, alwayaS try to eat real food!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
yes, i always try to eat real food

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
50 HARMFUL EFFECTS OF GENETICALLY MODIFIED (GM) FOODS

See this Link for the Harm of GM foods...

Link:www.raw-wisdom.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

You mentioned Nestle baby formula. You do realize that the problem with that whole scandal wasn't because the formula itself was bad, it was because the company did not have the foresight to realize that the water that would have to be used to make the formula wasn't clean, being that it was in an underdeveloped part of the world. Horrible, for sure, but it wasn't the formula so much as it was the way it had to be made that was the issue.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Not only the food additives, the GMOs but also the way we prepare and store food. We've replaced cast iron and steel with aluminum, plastic and teflon.

We have eschewed the lengthier methods of cooking; roasting, baking and boiling and now microwave everything.

We store everything in plastic, leaching harmful chemicals into our water and especially acidic foods.

We slather lotions, shampoos and rinses on our skin and scalp that contain hormone mimics and wonder why our children are reaching puberty and developing at alarmingly young ages.

I won't even go into the aspects of radiation exposure; microwave ovens, cell phones, wireless *anything*.

The long term damage is yet to be seen.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Another great point. Acrylamide is caused from the cooking process. The way we package and prepare goods is yet another bone of contention. Perhaps I should follow up my original thread.

reply to post by czygyny

edit on 26-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePolishedKnob
yes, i always try to eat real food

What is real food anymore?

Good thread, makes me wonder if we have any freedoms at all, seems freedom of the west is an illusion when even our food and water is being poisened right under our noses and we dont seem to know what to do about it.
I live in Australia, as far as I know its not illegal to grow your own food, so Im going to start now while I still can... Im finding it hard to find heirloom seeds, but I found a site that does organic seeds, hope they will be better for me than the store bought ones.... Our GMO food is getting really pricey too, my mother bought five bananas yesterday and they costed her ten dollars! Can you believe that ten bucks for five bananas!! And then I saw a big bag of chips for two dollars
I know we had the floods over here and the cyclone too so price hikes are to be expected but geeze....
Time to start growing I think!!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Monsanto has done dark evil deeds against all of humanity again and again and again.
When will it stop? It doesn't look as though that is possible at this point, although I won't give up hope.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

No no, no, no!! Have you researched this at all? No way am I for this at all, in no way, shape or form. Research it. This is scary stuff!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
well, in a few decades you will have to pay for a bottle of synthetic air to breath and live, because the big $$$$$ greedy corporations just want to make money with everything possible. So when the water will be poisoned, the air, the oceans, the good food, you will be standing there as a poor stupid slave ( oh, no more proud american macho ?? ... ) for getting synthetic water, synthetic air, synthetic food just for living ... but I think lots will prefer to suicide instead of living that kind of hell that we from this moment in history LET them build around us, we not fighting with all our forces against that killing frenzy !!!

Mother earth has all we need for us to be perfectly happy and healthy etc . but who is screwing up this beautiful
nature ? Think about and fight for a more HUMAN world otherwise well you will become a sad and mad kind of zombie in a dark slum world

edit on 27-2-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Not necessarily a bad thing until there is actual proof that these foods are harmful. Crops that are resistant to insects and that produce more food are going to be necessary in order to feed the exponentially growing population. We have to make a choice; genetically engineered crops and livestock, or eugenics and population reduction/control...

The problem is not only that GMO might be harmful, but also they don't work in the long run. Weeds and pests adapt too, you know. Life always finds a way.

Looks a little into Glyphosate, aka Roundup herbicide, that was patterned originally by Monsanto. They also patterned corn, wheat, soya, cotton, etc. that were Roundup resistant. After a while dozens of weeds also developed resistance to the herbicide. So not only was this substance a complete environmental disaster, also harmful to humans, but the crops genetically modified for the use of Glyphosate simply didn't work!

Same with BT cotton, look into it. Many bugs developed resistance to it.

GMOs are not the answer.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
you can avoid anything you want, grow organic

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The opposition against this movement is so small though compared to the 100's of millions of us that live in America and abroad. Maybe if everyone wasn't in a stupor all of the time with the latest fashion trends and moronic television shows we could actually do something about this.

I tried telling a few of my friends a while back about GM foods and this was the response I got, "Man, I don't want to know what's in my food, so don't tell me". It's truly depressing how one's apathy can stifle another person's voice in the world.

I guess the majority of the world's population is content with poisoned food...just as it tastes good and is cheap.

Just think how fast Mansanto and bros. would be shut down if everyone would unite and speak the truth about what they wanted?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
I'm down to crow my own food but I wonder how much of the seeds have been genetically "modified". I think I'm free from these a$$holes and they keep on sucker punching me from behind.

Anyone know of a GM free list of foods that I can look up? Can't seem to find one...

You can google or go to Yahoo and look for heirloom plants. Also, if possible, try to find someone who has some themselves. Many older gardeners keep seeds from year to year. I've even noticed a couple of grocery stores selling heirloom tomatoes. I recently started some from seed and they're starting to pop up. Hopefully they'll be ready by the end of April to plant outside.
I have strawberries that I've had for years, so I usually give some plants to anyone who wants them as they are quite invasive and have to be thinned out each spring.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Cool, I'll check it out. I also plan on getting some hives for honey. Plan on going ALL organic soon

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
reply to post by maybee

Cool, I'll check it out. I also plan on getting some hives for honey. Plan on going ALL organic soon

I thought about the beehive last year but didn't get it done. Really going to try this year though. Be sure to look for FREE beehive plans as most sites want you to buy them. Also, buying pre-made ones are expensive. I'm not a carpenter, so I'll definitely have to have someone else build it. I don't think a bee would want to live in a hive that I built myself
I do know you have to use un-treated wood and need to plant flowers near by if you don't already have some. I'm lucky enough to have some blackberries growing in the back yard, so I think they'd do OK.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join