It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the revolutions in Egypt and the Middle East be a test run for Western Countries on how to...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
.. Control the masses?? I was thinking about after Egypt first started there revolution, and then the other countries followed suit. I personally believe that its a huge test run, and scheme from Western societies to take over resources, and destabilize those regions.

Americas turn will be up pretty soon, and the TPTB must know the best way to handle the unrest after the world/US currency (hopefully not) collapses. What are your thoughts?
edit on 23-2-2011 by king Pop!p because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The lesson here is - eventually, people will get fed up with those who would dominate them.

Those who look around and see that they're without - will eventually move to get.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
The lesson here is - eventually, people will get fed up with those who would dominate them.

Those who look around and see that they're without - will eventually move to get.

simple. elegant and to the point nice reply archer

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
No. What is happening in north Africa right now, particularly Egypt, is much more complicated than it looks on the surface of CNN and Fox and even many of the posts here and what is happening there can in no way ever happen here simply because we have an entirely different past 60 years of cultural history than Egypt.

Egypt is the result of the past 60 years of the influence of Said Qutb and Ayman al-Zawahiri and Ikhwan al-Islam or, The Muslim Brotherhood. The repressive responses from the respective governments of Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, et al is following the same pattern of government responses over the last 60 years as well. Remember, Ia-L attempted an assassination on Gamal Nasser on Oct 26, 1954, and the Ia-L has been attempting to gain political control over Egyptian society using widespread tactics of violence against the civilian population as well since the mid 1960's.

Ayman al-Zawahiri..."bin Laden's number 2" is one of the primary historical voices in the Egyptian turmoil and the Muslim Brotherhood (Ia-L) is behind much of the politics of this. al-Zawahiri was Said Qutb's number 2 until he died of a heart attack being tortured by dogs and sticks in an Egyptian prison in 1966 when al-Zawahiri assumed leadership of the Ia-L. The Egyptians have this history. We don't. Our 1950-2011 looked, felt, and developed a culture entirely different to that part of the world.

So, no. This is not a test run for western "whatever." What happens here will (and does) look completely different. Don't get me wrong...what happens here will be horrific in its own right, but Egypt isn't a test run for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by king Pop!p
.. Control the masses??

The West, particularly America, has already done that quite well. Make minor cessions to the demands of the people, keep most of them moderately prosperous, and don't bother kicking the crap out of protests; most will just burn themselves out as people go home to eat their 3000 calorie dinners and watch some reality TV.

I was thinking about after Egypt first started there revolution, and then the other countries followed suit. I personally believe that its a huge test run, and scheme from Western societies to take over resources, and destabilize those regions.

While I nave no doubt that the West will do their level best to swoop in and pillage the places (just as they did to South Africa, Russia, and Iraq) I don't think it was engineered. Everyone was honestly surprised by Egypt. Everyone in Washington was hurpdurping around brainlessly for three days before they figured out what the hell the "official response" would be.

Hopefully the Egyptians and others have enough of a grasp of history to keep western noses out of their affairs until things are stable.

Americas turn will be up pretty soon, and the TPTB must know the best way to handle the unrest after the world/US currency (hopefully not) collapses. What are your thoughts?
edit on 23-2-2011 by king Pop!p because: (no reason given)

I think that the odds of an Egypt-style revolt in the US are next to nil. However, I was perplexed a few days ago when, on Al-Jazeera, the Wisconsin labor protests were headlined side by side with the Libyan uprising. I think that if the US does start down that road, that's the sort of thing that it will be.
edit on 23/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

hey, im not new to ats but i rarely post. Something just popped into my head and i wondered if anyone else had thought the same thing. Here seemed as good as any, sorry if im off topic. A few months ago i was having conversations with friends after reading a post on here. The post was about the only 5 countries left in the world without a rothschilds owned central reserve banking systems. These were cuba, sudan, iran, north korea and libya. It hit me that, if you cant make the governments to conform to globalisation policies, then just get their own people to do it. Now before people start on me, guddafi is a monster and it makes me sick whats happening there but since tunisia and egypt, it makes sense that if you wanted your banking system in a particular country helping them along the way to democracy through covert operations is exactly what the eletes would do, imo. Now i hear about u.s, germany and china? (NOT FACT JUST READ) may be thinking of invading or getting in to help, again just speculation. Then who knows what could happen. With all of the msm propaganda about iran and north korea and now whats happening in libya it just seems a little too coincidental to me. If the uprisings succeed and the same ends up happening in north korea, that just leaves sudan and cuba that are not under the thumb of the banking system. The ptb seem to be implicating their dirty plan right in front of us? Its all so confusing. Am i alone in thinking this? Thoughts please
...If ive offended by posting op i apologise, i just thought your post was also valid and mabey the same in ways. Delete if im out of line. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join