It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live now: German, Chinese and American vessels in Libyan waters.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Good morning

On the way to Valletta now, nothing happened as yet apart from a little storm.

No new ships at port from what I can see but reports of a jet flying over around an hour ago have been made. I didn't hear it though.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
there are well over 1.000.000 foreigners in Libya, mainly egyptians, china has around 30.000 etc etc

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Apparently there will be a huge demonstration in Valletta on Saturday.

Actually, just found a link in Times of Malta confirming this - source probably got it from here.

Article is from a Libyan man who witnessed scenes and is now safe over here. They are encouraging everyone to join in support of the Libyan population and not to be scared.

I will be there and report accordingly.

Peace
edit on 24/2/2011 by LestatG because: Found a link probably the original source of the claim

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Wooo whip that libyan militarys ass!! Those are your real terrorists in Libyan bombing there own people

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Hey all thanks for the responses.

I too was told (by my Dad), that there are no ships in the area, he said that the British Cumberland/Cumbria (I think) was near but on its way home to be decommissioned so not up for much action.

That would be HMS Cumberland, a type 22 Frigate launched in 1989.

She's not due to be decommissioned until the Summer and is as ready for action as she will ever be. She has recently been on station in the Gulf working with the French Aircraft carrier and is also on patrol in the Med.

She is already parked just outside Libyan waters waiting for orders. The SAS and RAF Hercules aircraft are also on standby to evacuate our nationals.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Watching it on tv and America has contracted a cruise ship and a ferry with more on the way . One aircarrier battle group could easily handle Libya with very minimal or no civilian deaths . The air force would be shot down instantly and the runways of the airports would be cratered . Military bases are quite far from Tripoli so ground forces could be quickly rolled up . Intel will be listening in on all communications and when and if Gadaffi speaks they'll have his exact position and precision guided munitions sent to him . America also knows where is ammo storage sites are and ground to air his tanks and artillery will be gone . This will give Obama the status he so despirately needs for sucking up tp muslims because many muslim countries have been helping America but Gadaffi is the black sheep that no one like including his own people so Obama gets the opportunity to show that he isn't weak as the western would does believe he is weak .

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bandito

If anyone in America has any sense, you won't do the above. The Libyan Army poses no threat and, for the most part, has defected. Alot of the Air Force too have switched sides. Gaddafi is being propped up by militia and mercenaries, not any official state apparatus. Bombing the Libyan Army would actually help him out, not the reverse.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thanks for the ion regarding HMS Cumberland, good to know.

I am sitting at work now, I have just heard around 4 jets flyover but by the time I got out they had passed so couldn't identify them.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Lots of air traffic now, I think I maybe getting a little paranoid as we have just heard a huge noise - either a sonic boom, big thunder clap or God forbid an explosion.

My colleagues heard this and are now concerned.

We are going to the roof as there seems to be no clouds around.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the info lestatg.
It seems Malta airport is very busy at the moment. here is a link to the times,
www.timesofmalta.com...
Also the Maltese virtu ferries catamaran is being chartered by the US to evac Americans from Tripoli.
www.timesofmalta.com...
We are not being told what is going on, either than some news articles, and most people here seem to think everything is OK. Maltese authorities have been denying reports of Libyan ships around Malta and they have denied knowing about Gaddafi's daughter on the plane which tried to land yesterday. Cant get any solid info from anyone i know. I am sure the authorities are preparing for the so called exodus from Libya. I don't think the people lestatg saw were here on holiday!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Just went to the roof, it is a storm - big cloud cover over half the island and we couldn’t see any air traffic. However there are numerous huge ships on the horizon.

They are too far out to make out what they are, I only have an iPhone 4 camera and when zoomed in no detail is visible, just can see the mass of them.

Will go back up soon as they will be identifiable shortly

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Getting our friends and family out is a good thing.
Helping refugees escape the tragedy is a good thing.

But calling for a allied global strike on the Libyan govt is WRONG.
You will end up killing a lot of civilians (Some maybe non-Libyan)! Collateral Damage is serious business.
And Qaddafi studied Saddam, he knows how to use civilian shields.

We need to let the Libyans sort this out themselves.
If we just hand it to them, it won't mean anything.

Please stop asking for World Government and War, I beg of you.

Freedom is about Self-Responsibility and Independence.
Not getting Bailed out and Dependence.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by bandito

If anyone in America has any sense, you won't do the above. The Libyan Army poses no threat and, for the most part, has defected. Alot of the Air Force too have switched sides. Gaddafi is being propped up by militia and mercenaries, not any official state apparatus. Bombing the Libyan Army would actually help him out, not the reverse.

Exactly. 100%.

Thank God you exist. Seriously.

If you think like that, there must be millions who understand it too. Such a good sign.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Thanks for posting this info!

Stay safe!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
So freedom is about letting a manic blow peoples heads off,thats cool.I am going down to put my head in front of one of those guns,oh yeah freedom.Why oh why is freedom used ,the people are reacting to increasing global declines,the same as the rest of the med,greece,etc
More dead people to talk about,I see dead people.....all the time !
Usual, we will all moan about the price of our gas and forget all the dead people that caused it,suck up.
I pray for all the innocent.
edit on 24-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
The Netherlands are also sending a ship and planes to rescue the Dutch people who are there for their work or on holiday.

Hahaha!

"Hey sweet lover of mine, lets go to Libya to celebrate our love!"

...This doesn't sound as fulfilling as say going to Argentina or Malaysia.

A semi-serious thought:

What if all of these nations are sending their warships and planes not only to rescue the citizens, but also in the event that the Iran-Israel Suez Canal dispute begins to escalate? You know the deal, kill two birds with one stone + prevention is the best cure + a stitch in time saves nine?

I'm not sure what that will equate to though. Probably war. Think about it, this is a perfect scenario for a false flag.

The ship is the navy frigate HMS Tromp
www.dutchnews.nl...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!

This is all part of the plan set out in the 90's.
All news will be spun.
Soros is heavily involved in all these turbulances.

A FALSE FLAG OPERATION IS IMMINENT...MARK MY WORDS SHEEPLE..BELIEVE AT YOUR PERIL.

The biggest dictatorships are AMERICA.BRITIAN.ISRAEL.GERMANY ETC...

HIDDEN OUT IN THE OPEN
edit on 24-2-2011 by pshea38 because: it didn't display what i typed

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
French Navy in port at the Grand Harbour Valletta, just been informed there is around 8 German Vessels with Chinese on the Malta/Libya sea border and they are awaiting American war ships that are on route.

Britain is sending war ships.

People are talking about a rumor that the EU has sanctioned military intervention - I really cant confirm that, its just hearsay at the moment.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Protests happening now outside the Corinthia Hotel in Malta.

Allegedly there is a man inside that is being accused of killing demonstrators in Libya - apparently they are demanding his arrest and are not violent.

This isn’t far so I might try to get there on my lunch break

Edit to add: The man is accused of transporting mercenaries from Africa to Libya and they say that he is trying to flee the country.

Just found a link to The Times of Malta

edit on 24/2/2011 by LestatG because: Found link to a source for confirmation

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by schuyler

We have thousands upon thousands of troops in Europe, just north of Libya. 50,000 in Germany and almost 10,000 in Italy.

Aviano Air Base in Italy has the 31st Fighter Wing.

Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany has the 52nd Fighter Wing.

Ramstein Air Base in Germany has multiple wings that can provide airlift for US Army units stationed in Germany.

Then there is NATO Europe, which could contribute a massive amount of air power, naval power and ground forces.

The US Navy has it's 6th Fleet headquartered in Naples, Italy. They are responsible for US interests in the Med. I'm sure they have some ships around, probably just being quiet about it.

US Navy 6th Fleet

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join