It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Becoming Muslim: I Did Not Read The Fine Print

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
FOREWARD

May Peace be upon you all for the sake of us all being fellow humans.

I became a Muslim nearly ten years ago. I was previously a Christian, so I was definitely seeking God and a Path of Righteousness. Islam seemed to provide answers to doctrinal questions that left other religions speechless, as well as laying out a wonderful moral code.

I followed Islam according to the As-Salaf As-Saalih Mathab, also know as Salaf, but better known as Wahabism. Yes, the same as followed by Osama bin Laden. Pretty much the most strict, devout, and fundamental teaching of Islam known today. The methodology of this mathab (school of thought) follows strict readings of the Qur'an, supplemented with only the most genuine and pure sayings/actions of Prophet Muhammad [Sahih Hadith]. Furthermore, if an understanding was not easily attainable directly from Allah in the Qur'an or from Muhammad, then one must look to the friends, peers, and trusted Muslims [Sahaba] that learned and followed Islam directly from Muhammad. Nothing is open to personal interpretation or critiqué.

Understanding the true meaning of Love, Global Human Unity, Peace, Forgiveness, and Mercy, I slowly weened myself off of Islam. Today I stand here as an Islamic Apostate. I seek nothing more than Peace and Love throughout all of my fellow human brothers and sisters regardless of religion, belief, or any superficial separations. I strive for Enlightenment and Righteousness while protecting the innocent.

Being free from the grip of Islam, I now fear the globalization of Islam. In it's teachings of Peace, Love, and Guidance is hidden deep emotions of Fear, Hate, Oppression, Totalitaianism, Sexism, and Violence.
The good points in Islam blind so many to the truth of negativity found in its teachings. This danger of letting the good blind while taking on the bad into one's heart is why I am compelled to create this "Fine Print" disclaimer.

In leaving Islam and proclaiming these words, the "Religion of Peace" decrees that I am now worthy of death. Love, Peace, Mercy? Not in Islam!

Islamic Diclaimer/Warning Fine Print

By uttering the Shahada Oath that there is no God except Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger, and by submitting one's self to Allah, you shall:

• Strive for religious freedoms of speech, expression, and belief, but murder those that use those same freedoms [Blasphemy] in disagreement to Islam. [1]

• Try to reconcile Peace and Understanding with family and friends of the religion you adhered to before Islam. However, murder those [Apostates] that leave Islam. [2]

• Look for contradiction, discrepancy, and fault in other religions, but overlook the contradictions, discrepancies, and faults in Islam. [3]

• Teach Unity that all of mankind is one people descended from Adam, and that the Jews and Christians are brothers/sisters under the same God, but never take Christians, Jews, or any non-believer as a dear or trusted friend. [4]

• Preach fairness, but enforce a tax [Jizya] on non-Muslims. [5]

• Propagate the concept of Equality, but elevate the social, political, and spiritual rank of all Muslims above non-Muslims. [6]

• Promote a message of Freedom, but keep slaves if you like. [7]

• Make a woman's word in official matters equal to half that of a man. [8]

• Allow men to beat their wives and have full control and dominance over them. [9]

• Allow Muslim men to marry up to four women of the Islamic, Christian, and Jewish faith, but Muslim women must only marry Muslim men. [10]

• Punish pre-marital sex by whipping/flogging. [11]

• Allow men [married and unmarried] to have consensual sex or rape their female slaves. [12]

• If you shall ever leave the religion of Islam for any reason, you shall be put to death. [2]

[1] "The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter." [Qur'an 5:33]

`Wage war' mentioned here means, oppose and contradict, and it includes disbelief, blocking roads and spreading fear in the fairways. Mischief in the land refers to various types of evil. [Tafsir ibn Kathir]

Waging war against Allah and His prophet means hostility against His chosen representatives; or deviation from His laws by overstepping the boundaries laid down by Him; or letting loose a reign of terror to persecute and frighten innocent people in order to deprive them of their rights; or attempts to undermine the cause of Islam and the overall interests of the Muslims; or activities to enslave, exploit and destroy human beings. [Pooya/Ali Commentary]

[2] "Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims." [Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17]

"Whoever changed his (Islamic) religion, then kill him" [Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:84:57]

[3] "None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?" [Qur'an 2:106]

"When We substitute one revelation for another, and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages), they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not." [Qur'an16:101]

[4] "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people." [Qur'an 5:51]

"O you who believe! do not take for intimate friends from among others than your own people...." [Qur'an 3:118]

"For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies." [Qur'an 4:101]

[5] Jizya Tax

[6] "Ye [Muslims] are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors. [Qur'an 3:110]

"The Believers are but a single Brotherhood..." [Qur'an 49:10]

[7] Slavery in Islam

[8] "Bring to witness two witnesses from among your men. And if there are not two men [available], then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses - so that if one of the women errs, then the other can remind her." [Qur'an 2:282]

[9] "Men are in charge of women because Allah has made one of them to excel the other and because they spend from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard. As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them, refuse to share their beds, beat them, but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means. Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great." [Qur'an 4:34]

[10] "Give not your daughters in marriage to idolaters till they believe." [Qur'an 2:221]

"And so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those [Christians and Jews] who have received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when you give them their marriage portions." [Qur'an 5:5]

[11] "The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day." [Qur'an 24:2]

[12] "Who abstain from sex, except with their wives or the (slaves) that their right hands possess, for then they are not blameworthy" [Qur'an 23:5-6]

"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." [Qur'an 4:24]

"Your women are a field for you (to cultivate) so go to your field as ye will." [Qur'an 2:223]

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I hope they don't hunt you down.

I am sure they would consider what you have said in your post worthy of the death penalty.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If you live in a non-Muslim area you should be fine. I seriously doubt they would harm you. We have the freedom to choose here in America.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am guilty of an offense worthy of Death in any Shariah Court. Did I harm any person? No, I simply left Islam to pursue Peace and Love.
So incredibly ironic because Muhammad and his newly converted muslims (at the beginning of Islam) begged for Peace and Mercy when they left their previous religions.
So much for "Religion of Peace" and "No compulsion in religion."

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I will never fear a muslim coming after me with a death warrant. Just as much as they love jihad for the sake of Allah, I believe in defending one's life to the death. Let 'em bring it.

The path of peaceful resistance as taught by Buddha, Jesus, and Gandhi is wonderful, and I believe is more honorable than fighting... but I'm not quite that enlightened yet :p

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thank you for speaking the truth about this "religion of peace".
If you watch any media outlet all you will hear is the misunderstood peace loving Islamic religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Where are you living? I hope and pray you live beyond their murderous ways, I hope they dont find you. And I admire your waking up and getting away. I studied Islam for about 8 years and know this, you have done a major betrayal to islam. Peace be with you in your new journeies

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I strive for Enlightenment and Righteousness

You have made a massive step towards it! As you have "Tried a few" religions you are discovering they are all dangerously flawed. Some are better than others but in end so similar. Hardly divine or holy. Get rid of all the "hocus pocus" rubbish that require faith and cannot be proven.

Concentrate on the values you see as relevant to your life only. In my case I was raised Roman Catholic and discovered very early that it it was a scam. However I still believe things like you should not steal, should honor your parents & not covert your neighbors wife etc etc etc, without the "Hocus Pocus" "mumbo jumbo".

Remove the label of any religion from yourself and you will be fine. One can have "Morals" without being religious. Most religions started out with good intention but the seedy greed of man corrupted them all and snowballed into the farce we know as religion today!

As for them perpetrating violence on you, don't be scared just fight on for what you believe is right!
edit on 23-2-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I followed Islam according to the As-Salaf As-Saalih Mathab, also know as Salaf, but better known as Wahabism. Yes, the same as followed by Osama bin Laden.

That's the brand of Islam freely spread by Saudi Royals. That's the brand subsidized by US in its war against democracy. Haven't all Shia mosques and bank accounts been seized in the US to give bin Laden's brand of Islam preeminence in the US?

Create monsters so the US can always have "a dangerous enemy" to fight. Can't cut military spending, too dangerous. Can't uphold civil liberties, the "evil doers" will escape notice. Spend more and more for "watch out!" propaganda. Sorry, when the nation goes bankrupt we'll just blame the unions. Oh yeah, those evil greedy workers who bargain collectively, they take away the money we need to fight "the Muslim Menace"!

I have the same problems with Islam as you do. But for every command to kill in Qur'an I can find 40 in the Tanach, the holy book of Judaism. Try warning Americans of the dangers of Judaism, and how Judaism threatens America and see how safe you feel.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Sahabi

I followed Islam according to the As-Salaf As-Saalih Mathab, also know as Salaf, but better known as Wahabism. Yes, the same as followed by Osama bin Laden.

That's the brand of Islam freely spread by Saudi Royals. That's the brand subsidized by US in its war against democracy. Haven't all Shia mosques and bank accounts been seized in the US to give bin Laden's brand of Islam preeminence in the US?

Create monsters so the US can always have "a dangerous enemy" to fight. Can't cut military spending, too dangerous. Can't uphold civil liberties, the "evil doers" will escape notice. Spend more and more for "watch out!" propaganda. Sorry, when the nation goes bankrupt we'll just blame the unions. Oh yeah, those evil greedy workers who bargain collectively, they take away the money we need to fight "the Muslim Menace"!

I have the same problems with Islam as you do. But for every command to kill in Qur'an I can find 40 in the Tanach, the holy book of Judaism. Try warning Americans of the dangers of Judaism, and how Judaism threatens America and see how safe you feel.

Just quote from the Talmud and you'll get fingers pointed that you're an anti-Semite. That's really the only tactic they use is to call people anti-semtic that disagree with them on anything.

You have to go to foreign press to really find out what goes on over Israel. The BBC is a good unbiased source for that type of news.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Thank you for joining the discussion.

Very true. Islamic apologists and moderates espouse the good while neglecting to acknowledge the bad. This point is sooooo entirely hypocritical in comparison to their [Muslim] methodology to logical reasoning.

For example, a Muslim will criticize Christians from straying from Mosiac Law and scripture of the Old Testament, and point out discrepancies and contradictions in the Bible. They [Muslims] often use this verse from the Qur'an in reference to Christians; "Then is it only a part of the Book (Bible) that ye believe in, and do ye reject the rest? But what is the reward for those among you who behave like this but disgrace in this life?"

How ridiculous is this? The Islamic moderates and apologists are doing this same exact thing with Islam, by proclaiming the good, and neglecting emphasis on the bad. Islam is a source of extreme light and extreme darkness. Focusing on the light and righteousness found in Islam blinds many, many people to the darkness of this religion.

A Muslim will reason that Christianity and Judaism are wrong because there have been editions, discrepancies and uncertainties within some verses, and obvious contradictions in the Bible.
Truth be told and a little research will prove that editions, omissions[1], uncertainties with actual wording[2], discrepancies, and obvious contradictions run rampant throughout the Qur'an. The only difference is when Islam does it, is is called an abrogation[3].

[1] The Gharaniq incident, know commonly known as the Satanic Verses. Muhammad was temporarily inspired by the whisperings of Satan, and he [Muhammad] added a couple of Satan's words into the Qur'an. Muhammad later changed the Qur'an and omitted those verses whispered by Satan.

[2] HUGE Secret that even the majority of Muslims do not know about the Qur'an!

Arabic is a language constructed around single consonant letters that represent root/base-words.
For example; the consonant letters "S-L-M" as a root/base word mean "whole, safe, intact". This is the root/base-word found in "Salaam" meaning Peace, and "Islam" meaning the religion of Allah. This is how "Islam means Peace" is understood because of the root/base-word. Using different vowels with a root/base-word can alter it's entire meaning.

Additionally, vowels are NOT a part of the written script of Arabic. Vowels are added as diacritical marks called Harakat. Written script is the interconnected consonant letters, while vowels are the marks that look like free-floating dashes, dots, lines, and squiggles.

The Qur'an was originally written WITHOUT a single diacritical mark, harakat, or vowel!!!
When formalization and standardization of the printing of the Qur'an began, Muhammad had already long since died. Many discrepancies arose as to what vowels were used, because the Qur'an had never been written or compiled by Muhammad; it was an oral tradition. So how did they know which vowels to use? The first compilers of the Qur'an relied on general scholarly consensus and sentence context clues. However, there arose argument and debate as to the exact vowels and markings in certain instances. Even to this very day there are versions of the Qur'an that differ from the "standard" version. I have read a version of the Qur'an that used color-coded diacritical and harakat markings to indicate the discrepancies and variations. Change one single mark and the entire sentence changes!!

There is only one single work I know of that even explores using variations of the diacritical and harakat markers. "The Syro-Aramaic Reading of the Qur'an" by Christoph Luxenburg (pseudonym). Although his angle and methodology is controversial, nonetheless, he is the only person to tackle the uncertainty in diacritical and harakt markings.

A most significant example of his interpretations: The confusing word "houri", when speaking of Paradise traditionally means "pure mates" and also translated into "heavenly virgins." With a minor change, the word can mean "grapes." Grapes would fit PERFECTLY in context because the Qur'an always speaks of the wonderful food and drink of Paradise!
The Virgins and the Grapes: The Christian Origins of the Qur'an

That was a lot to write and explain, but if you made it this far, you will see the full-blown case illustrating the Qur'an can not be purely the word-for-word of God or Muhammad.

[3] "None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?" [Qur'an 2:106]

"When We substitute one revelation for another, and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages), they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not." [Qur'an16:101]

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

People are murdered everyday in every place. Perhaps if we can increase the open and honest discourse of words and ideas, no one should fear death from religious hatred.

You, as a fellow student of Islam, know the saddening and sympathetic tales of the early years of Islam. The first Muslims were inhumanely attacked and treated hostilely because of their belief. It is heart-wrenching to recant the tales of the first martyrs of Islam... peaceful people dying for simplying saying, "One God."

Islam always addresses the hardships of the first Muslims as a true injustice... an oppression... an evil-doing.
Why then do Muslims commit this same "injustice" against those leaving Islam or speaking their opinion?
Ask for mercy but return it with oppression?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Truth spoken in your post! There is no hiding the CIA ties to the Salaf/Wahab school of thought and the Saudis. This has been many a person's proof that modern Islamic Terrorism is an invention of warmongers and those with ulterior motives for power and control.

There have been many, many, too many discussions, debates, and writings pointing out the violence and errors found in the Bible, and in Jewish and Christian peoples.

I am doing something not done too very often, and that is illustrate Islam's hypocrisy and error in the same fashion Muslims use to attack other religions. Using Islamic history, the Qur'an, and little known about facts that become problematic to the very foundation of the Islamic religion. An insider's argument against Islam.

edit on 2/23/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi
There are different kinds of Islam, just as there are different kinds of Christianity. I'm most familiar with Christianity.

If you read the whole Christian scripture, you will find zero commands to kill anyone. So why do Christians think it their duty to kill? Some times it is to "prove" that they, as opposed to the Jews are "god's chosen". Other times, as is more prevalent today is that the Jews are "god's chosen" and it is the duty of Gentiles to be the slaves of Jews, and do their killing for them. So where does Christian religious killing come from? The Tanach.

There was a time when some non-Jewish people peacefully followed the teachings of Jesus who they considered the Christ, without any reference to the Tanach. But they all got killed, and their scriptures destroyed by about 260 CE. The winners then assembled their Canon of Scripture including various passages which would forever make Christianity dependent upon the Hebrew scriptures.

I'd rather follow the teachings of Jesus without the Old Testament and get killed, than feel it my duty to kill a vast number of people for various capital crimes as listed in the Hebrew scriptures. That's probably the same reason I didn't become a Muslim, it's the killing, even though it's so much less in the Qur'an than in the Tanach.

edit on 23-2-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Fanaticism is usually caused by people trying to deny to themselves that they have doubts so they try to mask it with this hyper-devotion to prove that they are a devout and sincere follow of the religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thank you for the fascinating & extremely well-written account of Muslim 'fine print." You are 'holdin'" in the brain dept.
If Islam, Christianity, and Judaism could come together as brothers & sisters...sigh.

And the thought just hit me. It all comes down to one guy. One guy and the world would transform. Yeshua otherwise known as Jesus. 2 against him, 1 for him. And Islam seems to like him okay...they just don't believe his claims.

Of course then there's the opinion of some that the world would be better off without all three of the above. My vote is for Yeshua, but I have empathy for all the choices listed here.

Anyway, S&F, not only for a brilliant exegesis, but for being a good soul as well. I'd call you brother any day.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Thank you for the fascinating & extremely well-written account of Muslim 'fine print." You are 'holdin'" in the brain dept.
If Islam, Christianity, and Judaism could come together as brothers & sisters...sigh.

And the thought just hit me. It all comes down to one guy. One guy and the world would transform. Yeshua otherwise known as Jesus. 2 against him, 1 for him. And Islam seems to like him okay...they just don't believe his claims.

Of course then there's the opinion of some that the world would be better off without all three of the above. My vote is for Yeshua, but I have empathy for all the choices listed here.

Anyway, S&F, not only for a brilliant exegesis, but for being a good soul as well. I'd call you brother any day.

Muslims believe in the Mahdi that when he returns and leads Muslims that Christ will return after him and follow him, even praying behind him.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus

Muslims believe in the Mahdi that when he returns and leads Muslims that Christ will return after him and follow him, even praying behind him.

Yeah, I was reading AshleyD's fascinating research/hypothesis here not too long ago.

I also checked out the OP's link to the Satanic Verses--interesting material. Peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Peace to you. And thank you for the nice words and compliments.

AshleyD and BigWhammy both did excellent in that thread! I'm glad you mentioned their thread.
In regards to The Messiah (Mahdi) versus the AntiChrist (Dajjal) I find it oh too perfect that Christians and Muslims will both think they are siding with the Messiah and that the other religion is siding with the AntiChrist. It's almost as if Christianity and Islam are two scripts for two actors (forces) on opposing sides. Incredible how perfectly their prophecies counter each other.

Many will be deceived! If the end time prophecies truly do play out, I will follow the one that says, "Love and Treat others as you would Love and Treat yourself. All humans are free and equal. Do not murder even for religion's sake." If neither the Messiah or Antichrist can say and do this, I will stand aside and let their followers duke it out.

Recently, I've pondered if a man like Gandhi didn't cause a Global revolution of Love, Peace, and Unity, AND was still murdered, then what kind of a man can change the entire world for the good?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by The GUT

Peace to you. And thank you for the nice words and compliments.

AshleyD and BigWhammy both did excellent in that thread! I'm glad you mentioned their thread.
In regards to The Messiah (Mahdi) versus the AntiChrist (Dajjal) I find it oh too perfect that Christians and Muslims will both think they are siding with the Messiah and that the other religion is siding with the AntiChrist. It's almost as if Christianity and Islam are two scripts for two actors (forces) on opposing sides. Incredible how perfectly their prophecies counter each other.

That perfectly matched and counter-pointed situation alone is pretty conclusive that there is something strange playing out in the cosmos. Almost proof that one of them indeed is correct.

Many will be deceived! If the end time prophecies truly do play out, I will follow the one that says, "Love and Treat others as you would Love and Treat yourself. All humans are free and equal. Do not murder even for religion's sake." If neither the Messiah or Antichrist can say and do this, I will stand aside and let their followers duke it out.

I like your idea for the "test." That makes perfect sense.

Recently, I've pondered if a man like Gandhi didn't cause a Global revolution of Love, Peace, and Unity, AND was still murdered, then what kind of a man can change the entire world for the good?

Again it sounds like a great 'proof' that something is playing out in the spiritual plane and only a spiritual solution can fix what is broken in this world.

How can anyone deny that a great deceiver exists? Very glad to have come to 'know' you through this thread. Peace.

edit on 24-2-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join