It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help identifying something.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have looked everywhere on the net and am at a loss. I have a Bronze plate w/ wooden stand w/ 5 bronze cups. I think its Damascan but I'm not sure. It's prob around 125 years old, maybe. It was taken out of Africa during world war 2 under the spoils of war act? (not sure on the exact wordage) I have pics I can email to those who have knowledge in this area of antiquities. It is also inscribed by the artist but i don't know what it says. Interesting story that comes along with it on how it was acquired.

Thanks for readin guys. Have a great day.

here we go... i just learned somethin too... good day so far

s1179.photobucket.com...
-BC-
edit on 22-2-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You should try uploading the pics here and show us in the thread, that would be cool of you. I don't ever use my email except for website passwords or whatever.

If it's from Africa during WW2 there is a good chance it is Ethiopian.

The Italians invaded Ethiopia during that time period.

I would say Libya but that really wouldn't fit under the spoils of war as nicely as Ethiopia would.

The Second Italo–Abyssinian War (also referred to as the Second Italo-Ethiopian War) was a colonial war that started in October 1935 and ended in May 1936. The war was fought between the armed forces of the Kingdom of Italy (Regno d'Italia) and the armed forces of the Ethiopian Empire (also known as Abyssinia). The war resulted in the military occupation of Ethiopia and its annexation into the newly created colony of Italian East Africa (Africa Orientale Italiana, or AOI).

source

It's a shot in the dark without any photographs to go on.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
ok i will do that but i might not be able to the last time i tried uploading pics i didnt do so well.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
ok i will do that but i might not be able to the last time i tried uploading pics i didnt do so well.

If you can't get them on ATS media portal for some reason, try a free web host like www.photobucket.com
It's free and really easy to figure out.

Than you can just link us to the page where you posted it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
um...*looks up from putr crosseyed* yeah call me a noob but i need some help with the uploading.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

and photobucket is given me a big red x

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Your link to the photo worked, good job.

Honestly after looking at the engravings on it, and comparing them with some stuff I found online, I am gonna have to lean towards this being a more European origin. It does look to be roughly 80-110 years old.

I am not an expert on antiques though, but I will share this with some other folks who are definitely more knowledgeable about artifacts who may be able to recognize this quickly. I'll direct them to your thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

thanks a ton!

new topics

top topics

join