It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Arrested for Drawing Inappropriate Stick Figures by Police in Colorado, Taken Away in Handcuffs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What? That IS a normal child thought process.

Every time I got in trouble I thought those things. I pictured them in their finest grotesque detail.

And I got over it. I went on the playground and forgot 100% of my evil thoughts just minutes prior.

If you never thought of doing bad things to people, there is something wrong with you.

Just saying. It's natural for a child raised in a nation that proposes the solutions to our global problems is war, or the solutions to crime is guns and stuff, to not automatically see violence as a solution to their own micro-problems as well.

We are taught violence is the solution by our government.

So what's the big deal about some kid actually listening and repeating....
Oh it's "Do as I say not as I do?"

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by Clairaudience

children tend to exaggerate a bit here and there, nothing to worry about and not evidence of any kind of psychological disorder.

Are you out of your mind? Seriously? This goes beyond exaggeration? " teachers must die " is not a normal child's thought process! And btw, ADD is a psychological disorder, just curious what else may be compounding that issue~

Its minor, normal, please read my posts. What you wrote is completely fasle and even pure lack of education and basic knowledge of child developments.

Normal stuff. Normal kid.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

First off, I don't believe in ADD.

But that aside, I don't know of any small town police force that has the equipment necessary to take a child away from me in handcuffs. These things are out of control. If the child is capable of committing a crime this way, then his judgement should be sound enough to drink and smoke and vote and serve in the military. If we start letting 11 year olds do all of those things, then we can start arresting them, but until then, they belong to their parents.

Really, I am pretty fumed at this one, and I wish they would try it at my house. I would take their little police station apart brick by brick, and I believe I have enough friends and family and reputation, that I would be a hero or martyr instead of a criminal, but either way, the people responsible would pay.

NOW,
I must say, that many parents have encouraged the police to take their kid away to make a lasting impression of the severity of certain actions, and I can condone that as a teaching tool, but never for the police to do it against the will of the parents.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Yet they never call the police when a kids get bullied.

Bullying kids, and hazing in some sort of fashion is typical in a boys life. But suggesting specific people " must die " is a whole new ball of wax.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What you wrote is completely fasle and even pure lack of education and basic knowledge of child developments.

I have read your posts and considering you can't spell further solidifies my argument. It's false ...not fasle?

Brain examination, next door on the right~

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How does this justify law enforcement involvement in a legal sense? Although perhaps quite shocking for the parties involved, what mandate does the state have to arrest/detain a child for drawing a violent picture? I do not understand.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by DuneKnight

Yet they never call the police when a kids get bullied.

Bullying kids, and hazing in some sort of fashion is typical in a boys life. But suggesting specific people " must die " is a whole new ball of wax.

That's why kids bring guns to school.
To stop the bully once and for all.

True fax.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by duality90

They don't, there is no law governing a child's development in the sense of creativity. Or lack thereof.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If drawing violent pictures is wrong, I guess that makes most video games and children's TV wrong too eh?

Comic books, etc etc.

All of em are bad, mkay? BAD!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just another example of people with no common sense. An 11 year old boy is not much of a threat to any one. Taking him to see a psychologist would be more appropriate. I'm wondering, is it like this all over the world? People with no common sense, they must be every where. I've been kind of thinking of moving to Canada. Things might be a little better there.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

Usually these kind of cases are from US. I am loling about this whole affair and thinking what bunch of crazy nuts!
edit on 22/2/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I can spell very well, and yet I have a thyroid condition that is severe enough to affect my ability to write as I once did, and I don't intend to spend hours on a simple post. Straight A student though. And I know, basic child psychology. Took courses in it. This is called propaganda and its a dumbing down what all the professionals already know.

Even government, and therefore orders to the police. Its an agenda. Governments also relay on the known devolpmental info when they create policies. Ie. our premiere Gordan Campbell attempted to try and bring in an American, Wisconsin law that would force mothers of young children into employment and his team consulted with the physicians and they backed off and watered the whole thing down.

This is total basic crapola. Agenda driven, not without knowledge. They are very well educated and have the top studies that have been done for decade upon decade.

This is NWO.

And my spelling is never going to improve, though my father who was a teacher USED to seek my help for his documents, because I don't intend to communicate slowly, and have to check. With my thyroid and chronic fatigue, I just write it out from within and that is that. Kudos, please learn a bit more.

I can see by your avatar you may have a vested interest in the whatever nonsense this agenda is promoting.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Look at the thread found in my signature. That is my most recent education on how far things have progressed on broadcast TV.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

An 11 year old boy is not much of a threat to any one.

You sure about that ?

March 2, 1987 — Nathan Ferris, 12

January 27, 1997 — Tronneal Mangum, 13

March 24, 1998 - Andrew Golden, 11, and his gun buddy, Mitchell Johnson, 13,

www.trutv.com...

That age bracket not dangerous eh?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I half agree with you.
I used to make drawings similar to that and even though I turned out ok...it took going to jail on violence charges before I *got it*
This is a tough one for sure.

Does allowing this type of behavior desensitize one to violence and violent acts?

I will also add,kid or not,sometimes people learn the hard way and sometimes you need to have your nose rubbed in it in order to learn.

Not only is what he drew disturbing,it is also disrespectful to his elders so the problem SHOULD be corrected as that behavior is unacceptable.
Wishing death on someone regardless of what age you are is just wrong.
Still not sure if the police were needed tho....I am on the fence because I don't know this kid and his history.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

What you wrote is completely fasle and even pure lack of education and basic knowledge of child developments.

I have read your posts and considering you can't spell further solidifies my argument. It's false ...not fasle?

Brain examination, next door on the right~

Hmmm... grasping at typo straws to defends your views... well done.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I have a thyroid condition

I do too...doesn't affect my ability to spell?

This is called propaganda

A child writing " teachers must die " is propaganda? You think this story is make believe? Can you clarify?

This is NWO.

Now I know you're a troll...be gone with you...your excuses lost you credibility.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Hmmm... grasping at typo straws to defends your views... well done

Was making a point, but the other poster already brought on his own undoing, with his most recent response. Nice attempt at trolling as well....2

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The " Teachers must die" comment is a little much but as far as I know your constitutional rights start when you're born. The kid should tell them he was working on a rough draft idea for a video game or new TV series. Maybe they should start arresting artist, musicians, TV and movie producers, game developers, etc.........Pretty safe bet I would be the one in cuffs, not my kids, if they tried this at my house.

Oops yeah my mistake, I fix I go now.
edit on 22-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

"I hate Teacher"

The above quote Isn't the response in question, its the label of the picture, stating " teachers must die " is what is in discussion. Just to clarify~

edit on 22-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join