It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Google and NASA hiding Nibiru?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
According to stewart swerdlow nibiru was destroyed in 2003.

Can you give a link about this? Before we can believe it was destroyed it first has to have been proven to exist.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
...... well, doesn't take too many theories to see a possible and probable conspiracy here folks!

Indeed. And you've fallen for it.

But since NASA and the CIA and the IPCC and Fox News all dispute the fact that a spacehip from Vulcan will land on my lawn next week, will you give me $10,000 to build the landing platform? After all, I do need to be able to offer them the finest champagne.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
from a scientific standpoint, one would assume if a brown dwarf star was in our solar system the sky would appear brighter at night,

Indeed.

From a scientific standpoint, one would assume that a planetary body 2.5x the size of Jupiter and closer than Jupiter would be brighter than Jupiter. Which, of course, is naked-eye visible to everybody.

So, this mystery Niburu would be plainly visible to everybody venturing outside in the southern hemisphere for the last few years.

I think we could call this one "self-debunked".

Not so fast ! You have another issue here. That I don't believe has been addressed.
edit on 20-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

This to me seems like an admittance by NASA. Phage?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
According to stewart swerdlow nibiru was destroyed in 2003.

Can you give a link about this? Before we can believe it was destroyed it first has to have been proven to exist.

Exactly what I asked on the previous page and still awaiting an answer myself.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Is anybody reading this stuff I'm putting up? I mean look at what it says at the end of this article

Currently named Tyche, from the Greek goddess that governed the destiny of a city, its name may have to change, as it originated from a theory which has now been largely abandoned

It's name may have to change, as it............ what the hell does that mean? This is NASA.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

I feel exactly the same.

Look, no one wants to learn and discover extraordinary things more than I do, but not at the expense of fact for fiction. Folks, stars don't have moons. Brown Dwarfs are stars.

Out past Neptune is the Kuiper Belt, which is a very large area where large chunks of dirt and ice circle about the sun. It's where Pluto is, and where these other (I think there's 8?) dwarf planets have been found.

It's also where most comets come from. Do not get dwarf stars and dwarf planets confused. Now, it is tricky to tell some Jovian gas giants and some brown dwarfs apart, at least, the dividing line between the two, but for our conversation, that doesn't really matter much.

I'd like you to look at this picture:

So, we see that the Kuiper Belt is 30-55 AUs from the sun.

Now, that out of the way, let's talk about the planets. Do you know that we discovered Neptune because of measuring the wobble in Uranus's orbit and realizing (and PROVING it with math that predicted the general orbit and mass) that another planet was pulling on it. And again, we found Pluto because of the wobble in Neptune's orbit. Now, we know there's something causing Pluto (and other known objects) to wobble or divert from their orbits. Hence the recent news of a prediction of another planet or large object.

Btw, that news wasn't really news. Personally, I think it's a bit of push to get astronomy news in the news, in order to keep the public attention, because NASA's funding is threatened. But anyways, that's not the point of what I'm getting at with my reply.

So. Were we to find additional planets, even Jovian or SUPER Jovian ones, it wouldn't be that big of a surprise. And in fact, I predict in the next ten years or so, we will. Could one of these objects out there be some cold, old, failed star, barely bigger than a Jovian gas planet? Yes, there could be.

But theory predicts this companion star to the sun to be out beyond the OORT cloud (the OORT cloud btw, is hypothetical, but scientists are pretty sure it exists. It's sort of a continuation of the Kuiper Belt, ice and rock and whatnot, that continues perhaps as far out from the sun as a light year), due to observations of binary systems and their OORT clouds' sharp edges, which resemble our own. This might be a clue that our sun is or was a part of a binary system. Theory also predicts, for instance, that this companion star is about a light year or so away, so clearly cannot be between the orbit of Jupiter. We would easily be able to find it, because of the effect its mass would have on other objects in the solar system.

There are rules about the formation and behavior of objects in the solar system. It doesn't happen willy nilly. It's how we have predicted, successfully, things in the past. And as you can see, truth is more interesting than fiction. In fact, let's talk about 90377 Sedna.

90377 Sedna is a dwarf planet out so far that it's speculated that it's the first object found that's truly a part of the OORT cloud. It takes 12000 years to orbit the sun. And, there's something irregular about its orbit, that makes scientists believe that there's something out there past Neptune that has at one time, effected its orbit. It orbits on a long ellipse, at the closest is 80 AUs and the longest 900.

Now this 'new' speculated planet, in comparison, would be at least 10000 AUs away.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Tyche has been more than discussed in recent days. Not only is it impossible for it to reach Earth in two years time it is impossible for it to enter the orbits of the known planets. Not to mention scientists have admitted that the probability of it existing is extremely low. So, once again, Tyche is a complete non-issue.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I would think with all the astronomers gazing out at the night sky, this wouldn't have been able to be kept secret for long.

very well said sir, and my thoughts exactly. yet on the other hand if one single person could create a conspiracy and it be successful, we would be stupid to think that the government, with its vast recourses, would be capable of something (anything) they want. and in this case, hiding something like this to prevent a great panic.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Do brown dwarf's have planets? AROUND them?

Ex

Tyche has been more than discussed in recent days. Not only is it impossible for it to reach Earth in two years time it is impossible for it to enter the orbits of the known planets. Not to mention scientists have admitted that the probability of it existing is extremely low. So, once again, Tyche is a complete non-issue

Well ok if you say so. You have to admit that the end of that article is a little suspicious though. Wouldn't you say?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Interesting video found on youtube for you OP and others who are interested in this planet.

I've also added below what was written in 1983 in the Washington Post:

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite. So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby “protostar” that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through. “All I can tell you is that we don’t know what it is,” Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology said in an interview.
The most fascinating explanation of this mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous planet, as large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 billion miles. While that may seem like a great distance in earthbound terms, it is a stone’s throw in cosmological terms, so close in fact that it would be the nearest heavenly body to Earth beyond the outermost planet Pluto. “If it is really that close, it would be a part of our solar system,” said Dr. James Houck of Cornell University’s Center for Radio Physics and Space Research and a member of the IRAS science team. “If it is that close, I don’t know how the world’s planetary scientists would even begin to classify it.”

The mystery body was seen twice by the infrared satellite as it scanned the northern sky from last January to November, when the satellite ran out of the supercold helium that allowed its telescope to see the coldest bodies in the heavens. The second observation took place six months after the first and suggested the mystery body had not moved from its spot in the sky near the western edge of the constellation Orion in that time. “This suggests it’s not a comet because a comet would not be as large as the one we’ve observed and a comet would probably have moved,” Houck said. “A planet may have moved if it were as close as 50 billion miles but it could still be a more distant planet and not have moved in six months time.

Whatever it is, Houck said, the mystery body is so cold its temperature is no more than 40 degrees above “absolute” zero, which is 459 degrees Fahrenheit below zero. The telescope aboard IRAS is cooled so low and is so sensitive it can “see” objects in the heavens that are only 20 degrees above absolute zero. When IRAS scientists first saw the mystery body and calculated that it could be as close as 50 billion miles, there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth. “It’s not incoming mail,” Cal Tech’s Neugebauer said. “I want to douse that idea with as much cold water as I can.”

So, it looks like this news was covered up pretty quick and has been hidden from us for some time... maybe done so the people who knew about this planet wouldnt be right about it being Nibiru (well thats the name everyone seems to be calling it).

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If you had actually read the article you would have read that the possibility of the object being a planet was only one of many. The object that was discovered ended up being a distant galaxy, not a planet.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by loki41872
Wow. If it's between the orbit of Mars and Jupiter AND it has moons, that would be reflecting sunlight, any one of millions of amature astronomers , myself included would be able to see it.

As for Hubble seeing it, the Hubble telescope doesn't have the proper focal length to focus on ANYTHING within our solar system. It was designed for deep-space imaging, out past several light years.

That is actually a lie about Hubble not being able to resolve an image from within our system mate.

The lie was told because when Hubble was launched, thousands of people wanted the Apollo landing sites imaged, so NASA put this 'not being able to focus on the moon' story out, and the requests eventually stopped.

Then it turns out, that the moon *HAS* been imaged by Hubble, i've seen several images of the Lunar surface taken by Hubble.

If i can find them again, i'll post a link for you.

ETA Link: Here ya go...there are more, just search Hubble Lunar images or whatever.

www.nasa.gov...

Hubble *can* image Sol system objects, despite the rubbish we're told.

OP is right about those co-ords. I've had a gander and the whole area is a solid, black rectangle. Although, the target isn't in Leo, it's more in Orion. Left and down from Orion's belt stars.

edit on 20/2/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The shutdown actually begins March 4th.......

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The shutdown actually begins March 4th.......

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If you had actually read the article you would have read that the possibility of the object being a planet was only one of many. The object that was discovered ended up being a distant galaxy, not a planet.

“All I can tell you is that we don’t know what it is,” Dr. Gerry Neugebauer,

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What if Pluto was never considered a planet until recently, due to misidentification? What if Nibiru was considered the 9th planet in the ancient texts?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Russian Billboard, translated "It's coming"...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
from a scientific standpoint, one would assume if a brown dwarf star was in our solar system the sky would appear brighter at night, increasing over a period of time until closest approach to earth. thanks to the 'contrails' -_- and global dimming, if anyone remembers that, i'm not sure that we could easily notice this.

and direct observation is also tricky. one photo of the 'comet' ellin would settle the dispute of weather THAT is nibiru/wormwood/whathaveyou

however from a gut feeling standpoint, I feel like something is going down in the heavens we are not privy to. what it might be I cannot say. 3 years of research on the topic has given rise to at most, 3 images which MIGHT be nibiru.

also yes march 15th there is at least on a 2d plane a conjunction of alignment between ellnin, the earth and the sun, if not mars aswell as mentioned above. still, my gut tells me nothing opaquly obvious will happen that day that we could put a finger on, I feel as though it may cause a long term effect that may go unnoticed without scrutinous datamining of the solar...data...from satalites.

that and we need a mathematical genious to either confirm or rule out those gut feelings.

ed: parts of nasa's skymap have been 'blanked out' for years, if I recall, they say its a glitch. that said, if you turn on IR mode you can see some of the blanked areas contents.
edit on 19-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

Actually, 'from a scientific standpoint', the sky would not get brighter and brighter as this object is not emitting light in the visual spectrum - brown dwarfs are actually closer to 'planets' than they are 'suns'.

How did this post get so many stars?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by Human_Alien

Somebody should contact google and ask them why that part of google sky is black´ed out

and while their at it ask them why the majority of the amazon rain-forest is cut and paste.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Destructor

Wha??? details pls...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join