It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men in black(OPS)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There is just no question about it.

Ufology has grown into some weird unintelligible story with multiple endings and outcomes.

After seeing so much hoax and nonsense on the subject, its hard not to throw your hands in the air and start focusing on something that can bring you truthful answers......like organized religion. (joking)

The Queen of England's mother, George W Bush and Obama are really reptilian aliens taking on the disguise of human form. (I'm sure if you held them down and did a blood test, you would find them 100% human)

The carat program with the reverse engineered drone ships. (I actually loved this hoax, it made a great story)

The Serpo exchange program of twelve US military personnel to Serpo, a planet in the Zeta Reticuli galaxy. (Not a bad hoax, but Serpo sounded like the most boring place in the universe)

The list goes on and on.

But presuming for the sake of this thread that UFO and ET are real, my question is:

Do you think it possible the government or whoever controls this information, has set up a person or persons to have multiple accounts on the top ten UFO forums or similar (ATS being number one. flag?) and whose job it is to post complete nonsense every day?

Think about it, if someone with access to multiple accounts posted five different stories to a forum every day and came up with a great hoax like the drone ships on weekends, the forum would become congested with crap and would bury any truth should there be any.

I personally think this theory is the new "men in black".

I am also trying to come up with a new term since men in black is so 1960's.

How about "Men in digital" or "Men in black(ops)" ?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19/2/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I don't think it matters how much crap is getting put on the internet or who is doing it, I think what matters is, is the evidence good enough, nobody will believe without solid evidence (actually thats not true, some people still believe without solid evidence!) but you know what I'm saying right

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

It's a screwed up subject isn't it?! One wild story after another turns out to be hoaxed or just made-up on the spot so someone with 'issues' can get their dose of attention.

It's inevitable that intelligence agencies keep an eye on the subject. Guys like Frank Warren from UFO Chronicles pay attention to the IPs that visit the site. He's logged hits from ranges that include AF, army, navy, NASA etc. We've also got a paper trail via FOIA documents that show infiltration and monitoring of UFO groups going back to the 1950s. Bill Moore and Richard Doty are a more recent example. In that case, the 'field' was injected with fabricated BS that appealed to the mythology of ufology.

People want aliens and that's what they are given.

Over and above all that, I think they can rest easily knowing that human nature does a better job than they need to. The major hoaxes have generally come from *normal* people. Everyday someone posts a made-up story on a blog or forum. We've got the Exopolitics people weaving a fabric of crazed reality and people buying into it. Dinosaurs on Mars! Hybrids! Reptilians! People falling out with each other over this stuff...it's crazy.

While some people are wondering what the hell are UFOs, there's a circus world bickering about aliens and what colour socks they wear. We don't know if aliens exist and yet many people have created elaborate alliances and histories of something we don't know exists...many more believe them!

If I was an agent, I'd be pretty relaxed about all this. The damage seems to be endless and inflicted from within the subject. There's more BS in this field than a cattle ranch.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jonskie

I agree, the information/conspiracies will get put through the mill and brought to the light one way or another, thats what's great about these types of forums, anything that doesn't survive the scrutiny of inquiring minds gets exposed fairly quickly.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Yeah of course it's more than possible, Though, as usual, on ATS etc the best threads tend to contain evidence obtained from multiple sources and posters , I guess it's kinda up to everyone's own personal BS meter to filter out what rings true to their individual experiences

The problem as I see it though is this:

Just as religious zealouts seem to be able to answer everything with a smile and an irritating "well, god works in mysterious ways" ,
The believers in the more outlandish conspiracy theories also seem able , when confronted with evidence, to fall back on the old "yeah but that's just what 'they' want you to think"
It's pretty easy to point the finger at anyone with a differing view and decide they are obviously part of the freemason / reptilian, MIB, illuminati (whatever's your poison!) disinformation machine

See the serial video blogger Gorilla199on youtube as an example of this behaviour

I do agree that the general subject as a whole has disintegrated in recent years into several, IMHO, ridiculous splinter theories with absolutely no real evidence to follow up on - pretty pointless to debate

It also makes it very hard when you have several of the big names in the game so to speak seemingly drawing a paycheck for their input
I'd be more inclined to believe the likes of Alex Jones or David Icke (who I do think do great work in raising awareness of important issues) didn't seem to want to sell you a DVD or a book at the end of every discussion

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
you will never know the truth through the internet, it's too easy to fake video now days and it seems way too many idiots are willing to fake things and bs.
i wouldnt be surprised if there are dis-info agents hired for certain ufo subjects, but most likely its just the idiots i mention above who have nothing better to do.

i believe more people need to go outside and look up! or go to the country and go camping if you live in a city.
Once you have seen a ufo for your self it doesnt matter what others claim is real or not.
it's a great feeling knowing there is truely somthing out there and not everything is a necessarily a hoax.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hmm creepy
if they do indeed exist, I doubt they are men in black.

I would guess college / students in nerdy slogan t-shirts.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks kandinsky, great reply!

While some people are wondering what the hell are UFOs, there's a circus world bickering about aliens and what colour socks they wear. We don't know if aliens exist and yet many people have created elaborate alliances and histories of something we don't know exists...many more believe them!

Yeah this is what annoys me. Here we have this big history of "The reptilian aliens". Their home planet location, their likes, their dislikes, what they eat, how they reproduce, what politician they are etc etc.

And this information was acquired by whom exactly?

I really think that if someone does or has already posted some information that was regarded as factual and could lead to more information becoming uncovered, then a disinformation web will surround it and choke the credibility out of it so it disappears.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Do you think it possible the government or whoever controls this information, has set up a person or persons to have multiple accounts on the top ten UFO forums or similar

No, and they ever had to. There are more than enough ignorant, and lets be honest here....willfully delusional people out there that make this subject a joke than you can shake a stick at. No need for government insiders to lift a finger or type a word anywhere. Hell, they monitor it, I know that for sure.....but not for alien/ufo leaks though.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
One thing to think about though, is MUFON says on it's web site that they get 500 reports a month about ufo's, and 400 of them have known explanations, but 100 are not explained..

I take that to mean that something odd is going on, no matter what kind of hoaxes or fake images end up here or elsewhere..

So in spite of all the junk happening, there is something inexplicable happening right next to it...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think of it like this.

Somebody working for someone has seven different accounts on ATS who we will call mole 1-7.

Now this person isn't necessarily posting rubbish all the time as I suggested, but just lays in wait and monitors the information going through.

Then one day a person who used to work at a top secret military base posts a thread stating information that could possibly lead to even more vital information and exposing a piece of the cover up.

This is where mole 1 wakes up and posts a critical and negative reply to the information. Then mole 1 jumps into mole 2 and completely agrees with everything mole 1 has said. Then mole 2 jumps into mole 3 and does the same thing and so forth.

There are three million people going through ATS a week or month I read, so out of every 50 people having read this thread, 49 walk away thinking its just another jerk-off trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

A small price to pay for a good chance at making any real information toxic!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

This is where mole 1 wakes up and posts a critical and negative reply to the information. Then mole 1 jumps into mole 2 and completely agrees with everything mole 1 has said. Then mole 2 jumps into mole 3 and does the same thing and so forth.

i like your thinking, this sounds very feasible indeed.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
It's inevitable that intelligence agencies keep an eye on the subject. Guys like Frank Warren from UFO Chronicles pay attention to the IPs that visit the site. He's logged hits from ranges that include AF, army, navy, NASA etc.

That is as much evidence he is being "monitored" as it is Average Joe bureaucrats are slacking off at work and checking out their favorite websites.

We've also got a paper trail via FOIA documents that show infiltration and monitoring of UFO groups going back to the 1950s. Bill Moore and Richard Doty are a more recent example. In that case, the 'field' was injected with fabricated BS that appealed to the mythology of ufology.

And that paper trail shows that the endgame has never been the cover-up of aliens but the suspicion that foreign agents were using UFO groups as a cover to spy on American military activities.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Do you think it possible the government or whoever controls this information, has set up a person or persons to have multiple accounts on the top ten UFO forums or similar (ATS being number one. flag?) and whose job it is to post complete nonsense every day?

yeah you could call them cyber-sock-puppets

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Air Force Wants Troll Persona Management Software

have to agree with you re ufology between the new-agers and all the disinfo the only thing we can be certain of is that there is something big to hide.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

What you are speaking about is called counter intelligence programs. These information hubs are allways privy to these types of people. Considering this is a very important site for all things that cannot be explained, letting anything without a string attached anywhere would make no sense.

Remember they control the information, and their job is to make you think everyone here is phoney

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

basicaly for every good alien story/theory you have at least 10 that are crap.
my thought is that the aliens are the ones at the base of these rumors to help distract us.
fro example all the crazy stories you hear about reptoids are spread to distract people from investigating the grey type aliens which have a much more crediable sighting base

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
Yeah this is what annoys me. Here we have this big history of "The reptilian aliens". Their home planet location, their likes, their dislikes, what they eat, how they reproduce, what politician they are etc etc.

Ever notice how often their home is referred to be in the constellation Draco? Nonsense about constellations being regions of space aside (they only appear that way from Earth), putting them in the constellation named for a dragon is unimaginative and cliche.

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
And this information was acquired by whom exactly?

Those who believe never bother to ask the question or follow the thread back to the source.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yeah it's really bizarre the lengths some people go to explain the so called alien races. This group is from this planet and they have 6 hit dice and can warp through walls to abduct people but they are allergic to garlic. The Pleiadians are benevolent and look like human angels. The aliens from zeti reticuli are gray and need to steal our genetic code because their planet is so polluted and their race is dying off etc...All nonsense, it's a fantasy, nobody has that amount of specific knowledge.

However, I am convinced aliens are behind the most incredible events. UFOs have been around longer than is conceivable to be explainable by secret human technology. Also too many UFO sightings don't make sense in the context of secret experiments. I browse the alien UFO forum on ATS for entertainment. Once in a while you come across a threads with a gem of seemingly plausible information or facts about an unexplained UFO incident that are positively factual, but the signal to noise ratio is quite poor. And I will agree with the OP, I think there are active disinfo agents around here. The record is clear, the govt has been infiltrating and subverting UFO groups since the early days. No reason to think they've given up especially how easy it would be on one of if not the largest UFO forum on the internet.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No doubt. Since the CIA was brought into Ufology ca 1952, to address UFO sightings around the White House, things have not been right, IMO.

There's always some Bozo coming out of the woodwork, the closest term I can come up with is "Useful Idiot". Maybe someone who is more versed in propaganda techniques will know better terminology. Someone who is either drugged, delusional, insane, or a paid actor. He/they will have unbelievable stories, so much so that most will shake their heads and say "This whole UFO thing is a bunch of cr@p!".

Some scholars investigators have suggested that the Robertson Panel's true objective was to justify a CIA domestic propaganda-and-surveillance campaign, rather than to investigate UFOs. For example, journalist Howard Blum writes[15] that it is difficult to accept any argument that the Robertson Panel was ever intended as a serious scientific analysis: Blum argues that the Panel's perfunctory rejection of the U.S. Navy's detailed examination of the UFO films is all but impossible to justify on scientific grounds. Similarly, Swords[12] has argued that the Panel seems to have been designed as an elaborate theater exercise instead of a serious attempt to get to the bottom of the UFO issue. Although the Panel put on a show of evaluating some UFO evidence, its scientific analysis was cursory and its conclusions mostly likely pre-ordained. Also, the Panel only looked only at evidence in the public domain, not higher-quality classified military evidence. Psychologist David R. Saunders, a member of the University of Colorado's UFO study (the Condon Committee), had earlier expressed similar conclusions. Given that Robertson had worked as a high-level scientific-intelligence officer during World War II, he would have been familiar with the use of such tactics to hide a sensitive national-security problem from scrutiny by outsiders.
Source: Robertson Panel
edit on 19-2-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

That is as much evidence he is being "monitored" as it is Average Joe bureaucrats are slacking off at work and checking out their favorite websites.

Although I agree, it doesn't rule out the possibility that the site is 'monitored.'

And that paper trail shows that the endgame has never been the cover-up of aliens but the suspicion that foreign agents were using UFO groups as a cover to spy on American military activities.

Such a scenario is highly likely although we can only speculate on the 'endgame.'

reply to post by Schaden

Hiya Schaden,

However, I am convinced aliens are behind the most incredible events. UFOs have been around longer than is conceivable to be explainable by secret human technology. Also too many UFO sightings don't make sense in the context of secret experiments.

My opinion tends to change frequently and no matter how much I read and hear, 'convinced' is a step too far. We all have to look at the evidence and form our own conclusions and ideas so I'm not knocking you for your convictions. I agree that there have been many reports that don't suggest 'secret experiments.'

<<   2 >>

join