It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Mile rise in ocean floor Tasman sea.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yea I see that. I suppose it would have helped to read the first page. Anyway I do see the data. I guess we will just have to wait for the results of the investigation. Very odd though if its true.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If the ocean floor moved that much, my house would be under water from a tsunami.Big wind swell at the moment but no tsunamis,tide is as normal.I live near this spot.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamlizzyb
reply to post by Aggie Man

Actually, you would think that, but reports of occurances like this have happened before with no quake or noise. In Alaska, 2 or so years ago, they had a huge area rise up from under the water overnight, with no quake.

I am not saying this happened or not, but anything is possible.
edit on 19-2-2011 by iamlizzyb because: (no reason given)

Yeah I remember reading about that, but I think it was only 10feet, not 2 miles.
So the Tasman Buldge is not impossible, but it is unlikely to be 2 miles.

Where does the 2 miles come from anyway? 2 miles is approx 2000 metres, the data (that I looked at) showed the bouy went from -1700 metres to -15 metres

edit on 19-2-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Human_Alien

Think about it you say.

Did you think about how ridiculous the sea floor moving up 2 miles is?

Don't you think that us Australians and Kiwis would have noticed such a thing?

As for Greenland and some sort of shift that you think is going on, it hasn't shifted, if Greenland has moved, then many, many siesmologists and astronomers would be up in arms, because of all the seismic activity going on as well as all the stars and planets wouldn't be where they should be.

The sun is where it should be, even in Greenland.
There was no 2 mile rise in the sea bed.

Maybe you are the one who needs to think about it?

edit on 19/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Yes, I'm pretty sure we would have. Heck, if it was real I'm pretty sure I would be dead, since I live right on the East coast of Australia. Also, I was talking to my sister last night who lives in NZ. She's also alive and says NZ is still very much not underwater.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Where does the 2 miles come from anyway? 2 miles is approx 2000 metres, the data (that I looked at) showed the bouy went from -1700 metres to -15 metres

It was actually over 4000 meters..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
I find it suspicious that there are so many people trying to say "this didn't happen" and "this is a malfunction". PROVE it's a malfunction. OTHERWISE I have proof the sea floor just rose 2 miles.

It's a pocket of magma people.

My proof is that I am not dead and niether is my family. You need more? I can go get my neighbors if you like?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

My proof is that I am not dead and niether is my family. You need more? I can go get my neighbors if you like?

lol, I'm in Melbourne and if this were true I'd be in my boat floating in the South Australian outback about now..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
what does that mean? Is that so unusual?

It sure doesn't sound usual.

I really posted this after my little venture to the beach today. There is hardly any beach left. I know this happens from time to time but the other day there were thousands of dead jellyfish on the little bit of beach too. Is this normal? Really?

The ocean, from my layman's prospective, looks like it's swallowing the land. I know that's a little dramatic but from the steps to the Ocean from the parking lot there was maybe 15' of beach (bulkhead). That is not how it's been over the last 7 years of me being down here.

I don't know. I'm just being observant yet devoid any conclusion.
one reason that there may appear to be much less beach has to do more with the moon and high tide and not the ocean swallowing the land.
the time of your post the moon was at 98%full.
Full moon = very high and very low tides

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I saw a story on a Science show not long ago about what would happen if a particular part of the hawiian Islands suddenly slipped into the ocean.

They say the resulting Tsunami, by the time it hit the AU coastline would be around 1000ft high. The area of ocean you are talking about and the time it took to rise 2 miles, would have resulted in a Tsunami nearly twice that size along the AU coast.

Since this has not happened, I will assume it was a glitch.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Its obvious the sea floor rose near NZ. As we have now seen the destructive earth quake in New Zealand.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Hey there Kailassa. In reply to your comment...
but in case you were serious, the magma people are not dangerous at all. Also I see your from the same area I'm from, so if those magma people do start causing you trouble just let me know. My partner was in the army for 30 yrs, so he knows how to deal with the likes of those rascals!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sunsetatdawn

Thanks, but you can tell your brave partner it's all being taken care of.
I spoke to the Queen about it and, just in case we do get a sudden influx of these red-hot heads, she's sending me over a copy of the Magma Carter.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sorry for resurrecting a slightly old thread but I just saw it... and when I looked at the graph I see that it fell, not raised.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join